quick question about cineworld unlimited cards ..

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
.. can you buy them at the cinema or do you have to apply online only ?

i know you can by the unlimited vouchers, but i want to get the "proper" card ..

ta :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I did. :)
    They do prefer you to do it online though.

I would suggest going when they aren't busy. CineWorld aren't known for having lots of staff available.
    If you do manage to get them to do at the cinema it make sure you take all the ID, bank details if you are doing an D/D etc. You'll see what you need on their website where you fill the form in. I'm not sure how many passport photos you need. Definately two, maybe three. When they do it you'll be given an temporary pass which you can use until your proper one comes.

One thing it's worth knowing about the Unlimited Pass. It says that you can only get tickets on the day of the screening you want to see. This isn't always the case. I often get all my tickets for the week in one go. It's easier to do it that way. I've been going 3 times a week and get all my tickets on the Friday ready for the following week.
    I've only been told no once by a jobsworth who was new so was doing things correctly. The rest of the time the staff don't give a toss and just give you the tickets. You may be pushing it if you want tickets for the busy period though.
    It's just one of those ask and see situations. Be nice, ask how they are doing, get talking to them and they tend to be more helpful. :)
    Like any service or retail job it's can be a crap job at times where you don't get treated like a person by so many customers that when people are nice and friendly it means a lot.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for that. I was kind of hoping I could wangle it tomorrow because i'm off out on a road trip with a mate and we usually end up at the cinema.

I think i'll realistically have to sort it out next week to save any potential fannying around
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    One thing it's worth knowing about the Unlimited Pass. It says that you can only get tickets on the day of the screening you want to see. This isn't always the case. I often get all my tickets for the week in one go. It's easier to do it that way. I've been going 3 times a week and get all my tickets on the Friday ready for the following week.
    I've only been told no once by a jobsworth who was new so was doing things correctly. The rest of the time the staff don't give a toss and just give you the tickets. You may be pushing it if you want tickets for the busy period though.
    It's just one of those ask and see situations. Be nice, ask how they are doing, get talking to them and they tend to be more helpful. :)
    Like any service or retail job it's can be a crap job at times where you don't get treated like a person by so many customers that when people are nice and friendly it means a lot.
    Just a word of warning, the Cineworld I work at is very strict about not allowing pre booking tickets for Unlimited Card Holders (not something I necessarily agree with...). So just be aware the rules might be different depending on which Cineworld you're likely to be visiting. :)
    Forum Member
    Kim85 wrote: »
    Just a word of warning, the Cineworld I work at is very strict about not allowing pre booking tickets for Unlimited Card Holders (not something I necessarily agree with...). So just be aware the rules might be different depending on which Cineworld you're likely to be visiting. :)

As I mentioned it is worth trying. It's certainly not worth pushing. As I usually do the first shows of the day when the cinema is not busy it probably helps.
    So far I've managed 6 screenings all to myself. :)

I do wish the first screenings were an hour earlier though. I keep getting out the cinema and hitting the school run on the bus home. Forget films like "Night of the Living Dead", they should make a film about that bus called "Bus of the Imbicilic Inbreds."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My "local" Cineworld is a 90 minute bus ride away since I don't drive, but then there are so many films I want to see over the next few weeks, i think I can cope :)
  • cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine in the cinema.....had my details, had a mugshot taken and got issued with a temporary card straight away...

got my proper card a month later......
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm I've just applied online for one and printed out my temporary pass. Was planing on going to see a movie at the weekend. I wonder if it will be worth driving down there on sat morning rather than turning up in the night when the film is showing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheeks wrote: »
    I got mine in the cinema.....had my details, had a mugshot taken and got issued with a temporary card straight away...

got my proper card a month later......

see that's ideally what I would like to happen. If we do turn up in a cineworld tomorrow then I guess I can at least ask them and see what happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    see that's ideally what I would like to happen. If we do turn up in a cineworld tomorrow then I guess I can at least ask them and see what happens.
    If you want it done at the cinema, you need to bring a bank statement and some photo ID and they'll do the rest for you. Good luck. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we never went after all, but I sorted it out last night and bought one anyway :)
    Forum Member
    Great stuff :)

Just becareful you dont go so much you get fat on all the popcorn ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heh .. i'm rabidly opposed to cinema food anyway. I took a sausage sandwich with me when I went yesterday !
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Used my card last night for first time. Was a bit late as first time going to that cinema and there was a big que so ended up seeing Alice in wonderland.