Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walked past Peter Kay in a corridor. He said hello to me before I said hello. I thought that was nice seeing as he didnt know me. Personally I wouldnt say anything to a random stranger in a corridor, more out of shyness than rudeness though. Had Peter not said hello I dont think I would.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Jolene wrote: »
    James Bradfield - Manic street Preachers.

Egotistical ignorant man.

Wont go into details as not worth writing about

I've met him and he was lovely, very shy, but very lovely :( (actually, the entire band was lovely, although this was in the days when Richey was still with them (:cry: ) so I suppose he may have changed since )
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met many celebrities (mostly lovely) but the nicest two were starring in a musical together back in 1970, when I was an innocent 14. I was in love with Maurice Gibb of the BeeGees, and he was in a show about music hall star Marie Lloyd, with Barbara Windsor. I was with my Mum and we took bouquets of flowers for Babs and for Maurice and his (then) wife Lulu.

We left the bouquets at the office, and after the show we asked if they could be taken to them both, and someone took them in. Beautiful Babs came out and hugged me, chatted for ages and took us both to Maurice's dressing room! He was absolutely fantastic, the friendliest guy I ever met. He gave me a huge hug, kissed me on the cheek, gave me an album of the show and signed it for me. I didn't want to leave and I was on cloud 9! I've adored him ever since and was gutted when he died.

Outside, I looked at the album and was horrified to notice that the ink had badly smudged. Barbara walked by just then and asked what was wrong, she took the album from me and ran around the dressing rooms to get all the major stars - and especially Maurice - to sign again. For that alone, I'll always love her. They both made a starstruck teenager extremely happy for a very long time. :)

Now THAT is a lovely celebrity story and it actually brought a lump to my throat :o:D After reading bad things about Babs on here I was very pleased to read that :D
    Almost kicked seven shades of sh*te out of Blake Fielder-Civil a while ago (pre-prison). I was working as a barman in SE London and he was drinking in our pub with a gang of his mates. After about two hours of drinking they (led on by him, the plank) start throwing glasses around. Not tossing them. Throwing. One of the barmaids was right beside the table and a glass literally brushed past her head before smashing into a wall. She asked them to stop and they told her to get back behind the bar if she didn't like it. I went over and suggested they left, and Blake stood up and got right into my face, generally trying to be threatening but failing miserably - he's a weedy runt and this was at the height of my boxing days, so I towered above him and apparently from behind the bar my shoulders just eclipsed his body. Things got pretty nasty, his mates started calling me every racist name under the sun and I'm not ashamed to say I was very close to snapping his head off when suddenly he gets all meek and decides to leave.

Absolute w@nker of a man.

Doesn't surprise me at all about that odious man :mad: Pity you didn't snap his head off - we might not have had to put up with him in the papers crawling around with Winehouse!! Well done for keeping your temper though in the face of adversity! :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your kind comment, lotty. :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa like?
    They're both alright.
    Massa never speaks but he'll usually sign, albeit only a short version.
    With Schumacher it depends on his mood, but he's not normally rude. Sometimes he'll talk a bit too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only met Julie Walters at a book signing and she was absolutely wonderful. She waited until every book was signed, which took over 2 hours as opposed to her scheduled one, and was very chatty and friendly.

A lovely lady and an amazing talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miss_chaos wrote: »
    I spent last Wednesday evening with Jamie Theakston and Harriet Scott (Heart fm breakfast) at the television awards, as I won a comp to sit with them in their box. They were both lovely.

Nigel Harman - met a couple of times. He is very nice

Richard and Lea from BB7. Won comp to go in limo with them to opening of celebrity Big Brother Hijack in January. Very friendly and chatty

Dermot O'Leary - met a few times and always talks to his fans

Louis Walsh and Danni Minogue came to speak to us when won VIP tkts to X Factor last yr. Nice of them to do that

Ben Shepherd at a MIchael Buble Magic radio event was friendly but his wife was not. She didn't want us to have photo taken with him. Ben happily posed for photo with us.

I've met loads of others who have all been friendly.

nigel is very lovely i worked with him and i can say he is lovely to everyone.
    dermot i adore he is so lovely.
    as is patrick swayze, james cordon, james mcavoy, june brown and most of the ee stars i got the tv award every year too, iv worked with many celebs and the only real people we've had problems with is russel brand and david walliaims from little brittain also when i was working on wicked shilpa shetty was in the audience and one of her body guards asked if we could put an announcement out that she was there, the theatre didnt do it when jennifer ainston came to see the show so why should shilpa be any different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miss_chaos wrote: »
    I spent last Wednesday evening with Jamie Theakston and Harriet Scott (Heart fm breakfast) at the television awards, as I won a comp to sit with them in their box. They were both lovely.

Nigel Harman - met a couple of times. He is very nice

Richard and Lea from BB7. Won comp to go in limo with them to opening of celebrity Big Brother Hijack in January. Very friendly and chatty

Dermot O'Leary - met a few times and always talks to his fans

Louis Walsh and Danni Minogue came to speak to us when won VIP tkts to X Factor last yr. Nice of them to do that

Ben Shepherd at a MIchael Buble Magic radio event was friendly but his wife was not. She didn't want us to have photo taken with him. Ben happily posed for photo with us.

I've met loads of others who have all been friendly.

nigel is very lovely i worked with him and i can say he is lovely to everyone.
    dermot i adore he is so lovely.
    as is patrick swayze, james cordon, james mcavoy, june brown and most of the ee stars i go the tv award every year too, iv worked with many celebs and the only real people we've had problems with is russel brand and david walliaims from little brittain also when i was working on wicked shilpa shetty was in the audience and one of her body guards asked if we could put an announcement out that she was there, the theatre didnt do it when jennifer ainston came to see the show so why should shilpa be any different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Oh I am soo jealous, I used to love him, its lovely to see he was a nice guy though :D

I used to love Morten. He hasn't aged very well tho has he?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonbaby wrote: »
    What sort of jobs do you people who meet celebs in your line of work do?

i work in theatre as a casual dresser and i also do some casual work in tv as a runner and i also do extra work.:rolleyes:

but most of them iv met through my theatre work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuppa_Tea wrote: »
    Russell Brand really is lovely in person, one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

he wasnt nice to my collegues when he came to do a show at our theatre during which time we had a 3 month run of chitty chitty bang bang on so he could only have a small amount of the stage space due the car taking a week to put together, but anyway he broke props, damaged scenery kicked the kids toys around and was generally rude to us all.

oi taboo get back in the mj forum, :p lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I met my idol (Morten Harket) a few years back, I was terrified. His pictures were all over my walls in my bedroom as a teen and when you meet your idol face-to-face, it can make you happy or make you sad. I'm happy to report that Morten was an utter gentleman, signed a book of mine (using my pen) and posed for a picture with me. I was in a state of shock for a few days because he spent a few moments of his precious time with me.

My OH and his mate were in the loo at a club many years back and he came in and used the urinal beside them. Our mate turned to say hello to him and accidently pee'd on his foot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewart Lee (comedian) - Met him after a gig in Edinburgh. Really gracious and polite. They say you shouldn't meet your heroes, but he didn't disappoint.

Jesse Wallace - Was working in a supermarket while at Uni and she asked me where the Salad was. Seemed like a typical chavvy woman. She wasn't particularly rude, just not particularly polite.

Bob Mortimer - Didn't actually speak to him, just saw him walking around London. He looked like he had a really bad hangover.

A friend of mine works on the Harry Potter films. These were her comments on a few of them:

Daniel Radcliffe - Genuinely nice but nerdy.
    Julie Walters - absolutely lovely.
    Alan Rickman - An @rsehole!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smerph wrote: »
    Stewart Lee (comedian) - Met him after a gig in Edinburgh. Really gracious and polite. They say you shouldn't meet your heroes, but he didn't disappoint.

I met Richard Herring a few years ago after a gig at Edinburgh too. Absolutely love RH.

I met Brian May a few weeks ago at my university graduation. Got to shake his hand on stage and then me and my friend went to find him after the ceremony to get our photos taken with him and have a chat. He was lovely and really interesting.
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smerph wrote: »
    A friend of mine works on the Harry Potter films. These were her comments on a few of them:

Daniel Radcliffe - Genuinely nice but nerdy.
    Julie Walters - absolutely lovely.
    Alan Rickman - An @rsehole!

:cry: I'm gutted to hear this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're both alright.
    Massa never speaks but he'll usually sign, albeit only a short version.
    With Schumacher it depends on his mood, but he's not normally rude. Sometimes he'll talk a bit too.

im so jealous, i love massa, schumacher does come across like that, do you what the sad thing is jenson button is my best mates cousin and i havent even met him yet and we've been best mates 8 years, not fair.:(

am i the only girl who likes F1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Absolutely lovely - Jimmy Hill, Michelle Collins, Jon Bon Jovi, Roy Castle
    Downright rude - Ernie Wise, Jarvis Cocker, SAS
    Decent/gentlemanly- David Coulthard, Will Carling, Jude Law, Brad Pitt, George Cluney
    Shocking - Oz Clarke, Jarvis Cocker, Bob Geldof, Vic Reeves
    Strange - Terry nutkins, Peter Cook
    Nice/bemused - Johnny Briggs
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    laurar wrote: »
    The only horrible person I've ever met was Gay Byrne (probably only the Irish will know who I'm on about) horrible rude arrogant man who smelled like moth balls!

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, stupid patronising ninny that he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo Sayer was very rude! He parked outside our house in Reading and when we smiled and tried to start a conversation as we were going down to the shops he ignored us and got in his car ...Leo 1 I think it was called and the most infuriating bit of it was the traffic warden dealt out tickets to us daily and this one who was parked illegally, didn't have naff all on his windscreen....the cheek of it!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »

I'd still give him a run for his money, well not his money but his body!! LOL:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never met any nasty celebs. The nice ones I've met are:

Lorna Luft
    Ken Kercheval
    Lorraine Chase
    Patricia Hodge
    Craig McLachlan
    Jon Voigt
    Stevie Nicks
    Sheryl Crow
    Lindsey Buckingham
    Mick Fleetwood
    Peter Green
    Brian Wilson (not really on this planet!)

I'm so gutted, Stevie Nicks is the most fab female vocalist I've heard since I was born, you are so lucky to meet her, I've only seen her on stage:(
    Forum Member
    Those who are gutted that their favourites are getting slated - don't fret, they're only human and have off days like everyone else. We're not all in the same mood every day.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim Roth , on a film set in the 80s - bit full of himself

Howard Devoto - We used the same launderette in Hackney ! - Was already a great fan of his Magazine stuff but didn't speak to him. Knew he had a bit of a reputation of being erm... "enigmatic" and while not rude seemed a little tense & didn't exactly invite small talk . He also returned some classical records to the public library I worked in & also phoned up to renew some.
    He lived in a road not far from me - my brother and I played the occasional sport of "spotting the Devoto ".

Kenneth Williams -(Carry on films) Very pale face, walking down the road as if in a bit of a trance staring at the ground.

Siobhan Redmond Scottish Actress
    Was sitting opposite me on a train once - and reading the Errol Flynn Autobiography "My Wicked Wicked Ways"

Julia Hills Actress from - then (Who Dares Wins comedy )
    She was jogging , I moved to let her pass and she said "Thank you"

I also knew at Art college in the 80s , the first Mr Shakehands from Banzai) Ryozo Kohira.

-
    Forum Member
    I once bumped into Tim Booth of the Manchester band James, in Soho Square. I was/am a great fan and stopped him to tell him how much I loved the band, and he was absolutely charming! He asked me where I was going and I said I was just discovering the area. I had a small A-Z in my hand, so he took my book and wrote 'Getting lost in London, Love Tim X'.

Lovely man. :)
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Taboo wrote: »

I think he still looks great. Very striking!