Options

Simon Amstell QUITS Buzzcocks

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am absolutely DEVASTATED about this :eek: I searched on here to bump the Buzzcocks thread to ask when the next series starts and I find THIS :( - I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed :(

At least he's doing live comedy again, I got tickets for his show in November, the tour is called Do Nothing:D.
  • Options
    peodudepeodude Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Cough, he appeared to be on it last night, and last week as well
  • Options
    cliffcollinscliffcollins Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    cough repeats
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peodude wrote: »
    Cough, he appeared to be on it last night, and last week as well

cough .. that's because .. cough .. they're repeats .. splutter ..
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about that Australian comedian - Tim Minchin. I think? He might make a good host (IMO).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if they will show the lost episode from last series?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed this story first time around. what great news. Used to really enjoy this show when Mark Lamarr presented it and when they had rotating hosts as with Have I Got News for You.

Amstell is one of the few comedians (along with the cretin Michael McIntyre) who I can't stand, so it will be good to be able to watch the show again. great news!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »

Hope so, but it said 2/11 in last week's TV mag, I'm guessing there should be 12?
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »
    deleted double post
  • Options
    AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I won't miss him. I detested his so called humour on Popworld. He was a tad more bearable on Buzzcocks but I never enjoyed the show as much as the ones in the previous series. I only watched it if there was nothing else on.
  • Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Bill Bailey will come back now. I think vernon kay would be a good presenter for this.
  • Options
    stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris2k2 wrote: »
    Hopefully Bill Bailey will come back now. I think vernon kay would be a good presenter for this.

I don't think he was the reason for Bill leaving.
    And Vernon Kay wouldn't be a good presenter for ANYTHING.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Sad news- Amstell was a brilliant host. What you have to remember though is that the guest hosts are a temporary fixture- always were. Hopefully they'll be able to find someone decent to take over after the next series.

Glad- no, relieved about Noel Fielding getting Bill's job though. It really couldn't have been anyone else- out of all the previous guest hosts, he was the only one I can remember who actually gelled with the show and didn't just look like scotch tape.
  • Options
    peodudepeodude Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    cough .. that's because .. cough .. they're repeats .. splutter ..

Sorry, i'm an idiot, i was led to believe it was a new series :D
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turquoise wrote: »
    Sad news- Amstell was a brilliant host. What you have to remember though is that the guest hosts are a temporary fixture- always were. Hopefully they'll be able to find someone decent to take over after the next series.

Glad- no, relieved about Noel Fielding getting Bill's job though. It really couldn't have been anyone else- out of all the previous guest hosts, he was the only one I can remember who actually gelled with the show and didn't just look like scotch tape.

Noel is coming on board as permanent team captain ???
    Well, that is fantastic news at least - I love him - he is brilliant.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't stand the show until Simon Amstell took over, I thought he really made it much more bearable.

That, and the fact he is a dead-ringer for the lead singer of Wolfmother, which always made me chuckle! :D

Simon Amstell - http://stormthebarricade.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/wolfmother.jpg
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does the new series start ?
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does the new series start ?

September me thinks
  • Options
    HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one will do it like Simon :(

Who's going to take the piss out of Courtney Love and Andy Scott Lee now? :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    force of natureforce of nature Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought, Lamarr and Simon hosted the show in a very similar manner, in fact when Simon was a guest on the show, Lamarr called him his son and went over and gave him a hug:D. So I'm surprise to hear people dislike simon so much when they enjoyed Lamarr.

I'm really struggling to think of who the next host should be, When Lamarr left Simon was the obvious choice by a long way, but there is no one I know of with a similar style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is left field..... BUT WHAT ABOUT ARLENE PHILIPS??? Eh? Eh? Eh? Eh?
  • Options
    SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    They may get Lamarr to come back. He isn't too busy :D
  • Options
    force of natureforce of nature Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seventeen wrote: »
    They may get Lamarr to come back. He isn't too busy :D
    I would love to see that to happen but I guess he is off the tellly by choice, I'm sure he has gotten plently of offers over the last few years
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember by the end he had gone a bit mental though, and always tormented the female guests even if they were only mildly attractive.