Options

Brandon flowers - sold out in minutes

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Why did he go for small venues anyway! Manchester Apollo maybe, but why the Academy??? Give more people a chance! He could even sell out MEN Arena as a solo artist!
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    I'm going tomorrow. Is there any merchandise?
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to this tonight! Glasgow O2 Academy. Should be good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Going to this tonight! Glasgow O2 Academy. Should be good!

I met him at the recent Jools Holland recording, lovely guy as you'd expect
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just got back from tonight. I thought it was an amazing gig. It would have been nice to have had a chance to meet him. Smallish venue and i think if you waited beside the tourbuses out back you would have had a chance. My own fault though for not staying. I only seen shirts at the merch stand although the bootleggers were outside flogging their stuff. I just wish they had a program, i'm not really into posters or t shirts. The band that came on before him was really good too and wish i had the time to stay behind afterwards as they were staying to meet people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Anyone going to the Liverpool gig tonight?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Went to the gig last night in Leeds and it was fantastic. The support act was decent but I felt a little sorry for them, the crowd weren't really getting into their set (although I liked them a lot!). I actually think a lot of them didn't realise that Brandon wasn't coming on straight away judging by the initial screams when the band walked on thinking it was Brandon, and then going quiet suddenly when they realised it wasn't him! haha :D. I guess it's to be expected with any support act though. They would have benefited from being advertised a little more, I didn't have a clue who was supporting them until they said who they were before their second song... and even now I can't remember what they were called :o

Brandon's set was great. Did plenty of songs including some Killers songs which I enjoyed a lot (slightly different version of Losing Touch and a slow acoustic performance of When You Were Young for an encore.). Also did his cover of Bette Davis Eyes. Crowd was great too, singing along to every song including people who knew all the words to "The Clock Was Tickin'" which, as a huge fan of the album, even impressed me!

Top night anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Transfer from San Diego. They were meeting people after the show when i went. He didn't do Clock Was Tickin when i went and only one encore. Some shows he has been doing 2 songs for an Encore. His version of Bette Davis Eyes was amazing though.
  • Options
    moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Went to the gig last night in Leeds and it was fantastic. The support act was decent but I felt a little sorry for them, the crowd weren't really getting into their set (although I liked them a lot!). I actually think a lot of them didn't realise that Brandon wasn't coming on straight away judging by the initial screams when the band walked on thinking it was Brandon, and then going quiet suddenly when they realised it wasn't him! haha :D. I guess it's to be expected with any support act though. They would have benefited from being advertised a little more, I didn't have a clue who was supporting them until they said who they were before their second song... and even now I can't remember what they were called :o

Brandon's set was great. Did plenty of songs including some Killers songs which I enjoyed a lot (slightly different version of Losing Touch and a slow acoustic performance of When You Were Young for an encore.). Also did his cover of Bette Davis Eyes. Crowd was great too, singing along to every song including people who knew all the words to "The Clock Was Tickin'" which, as a huge fan of the album, even impressed me!

Top night anyway!

I was there too & I agree about the screams - I thought it was funny & was wondering if it was all the young girls first concert???:p
    The only thing that disappointed me was that he only played around an hour. Was hoping for longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    moomee wrote: »
    I was there too & I agree about the screams - I thought it was funny & was wondering if it was all the young girls first concert???:p
    The only thing that disappointed me was that he only played around an hour. Was hoping for longer.

Yeah he played slightly shorter than I thought :( I actually think the delays we had were longer than they should have been, it appeared to me as if Brandon rushed through the songs a little quicker than he wanted? I could be wrong though as it did finish at 9:50pm instead of 10pm but that's just the impression I got. I was also suprised that he didn't play Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas, it's one of my favourite songs off the album and would have been perfect as an opening song, no idea why it wasn't included in the set list :confused:

I did think they could have cleared and set up the stage a bit quiker though between artists :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think he has played Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas at any of the shows he has done and all the setlists are pretty much identical depending on if he performs The Clock Was Tickin Or Not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    So has each night been finishing around 10pm? I'm going to Birmingham on Monday and just thinking about the trains home.

I was surprised when I looked at a setlist online last week as to how short it was, I think there were only 14 songs listed. Saying that though, the first time I saw The Killers - at Wolverhampton Civic around the time that Sam's Town was released and they played smaller venues before coming back to do arenas a few months later - they were only onstage for 1 hour 10 minutes.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he has played Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas at any of the shows he has done and all the setlists are pretty much identical depending on if he performs The Clock Was Tickin Or Not.

I would be absolutely devastated if I'd got tickets for his gig and he didn't play Clock Was Tickin' it's by miles my favourite song on the album. I listen to it literally on a loop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think Brandon will be touring solo again soon but if he did do it......and he certainly could sell out the venue i was at again easily then i would go and see him again.
  • Options
    Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is one of the few shining lights in a pool if shite that counts for music these days.

You don't have to have Simon Cowells approval to be a pop star kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It does look appealing when you see someone stage and it does look easy and i suppose if you can sing then it isn't that hard. Going round the pubs and clubs i'm sure isn't too hard. You don't need a TV show to make things happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saw this poster at the show last year and stupidly didn't pick it up. I can't find anywhere else online selling it and his site doesn't have it available for the UK. Anyone know somewhere that might sell them?

http://brandonflowers.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=39626_40320&pc=BGAPFW01