Alexandra Burke! Totally pathetic

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So Kelly runs off, so they wheel in Alexandra Burke to look after the girls, and ends up slagging off her (Kelly's) own act. so helps to get her eliminated.
She is a good singer, but her critics were totally self indulgent.

In the words of Simon Cowell. I've always liked that girl - Not any more

Comments

• coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Kelly runs off, so they wheel in Alexandra Burke to look after the girls, and ends up slagging off her (Kelly's) own act. so helps to get her eliminated.
    She is a good singer, but her critics were totally self indulgent.

Hardly pathetic. It would be pathetic if she just gave the typical biased comments which every other judge gives to their own acts.

Judges are supposed to be impartial. It's a flaw in the show that the judges are also the mentors.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    Hardly pathetic. It would be pathetic if she just gave the typical biased comments which every other judge gives to their own acts.

Judges are supposed to be impartial. It's a flaw in the show that the judges are also the mentors.

My thoughts exactly :)
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call her pathetic, but I don't think she really added anything and it would have worked just as well having 3 judges this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the point of her being there anyway today, pointless
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely disagree. I think it was refreshing for a judge to be impartial and say exactly what was on her mind. There's nothing worse than watching the judges fawn over their own acts, no matter how dire they are.
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    So it's OK for judges to pay their acts insincere compliments just because they're their acts? Did you feel that way when Gary praised Frankie even when he didn't deserve it and later admitted to having lied?
  • gladiator18gladiator18 Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love it how she was pretending to be upset and tried to make herself cry for the cameras.
    Forum Member
    What was the point of her being there anyway today, pointless
    Aaaw, diddums! A JLS fan by any chance?
    Forum Member
    i love it how she was pretending to be upset and tried to make herself cry for the cameras.
    And another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I agree it would be fab if all the judges were impartial, but they are not, and Burke being impartial was infact detrimental to one of Kelly's acts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she wasnt employed to look after the girls she was there to sit on the judges panel

people moan when the judges exaggerate how good their acts are

and they moan when the judges give the honest truth

one of the biggest faults of the Xfactor today is that the judges are just full of BS.

they need to learn how to give honest critical feedback to their own acts but leave them (and us) feeling positive.
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree it would be fab if all the judges were impartial, but they are not, and Burke being impartial was infact detrimental to one of Kelly's acts.
    And if Kelly had been there and not been impartial, she would have been pulled up for giving biased critique.
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Why is she pathetic for slaggong off Kelly's acts. they wern't her acts and she was not speaking on behalf of Kelly plus I find it refreshing that a judges slags off acts that are bad regardless of who mentors them. Uf Gary was honest about Frankie and Craig they may have gone now too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only Judges should be us the great british public..... the celebs should be the mentors and thats it.... who stays and goes should be in our hands, after all we are the ones paying for the vote........
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I completely disagree. I think it was refreshing for a judge to be impartial and say exactly what was on her mind. There's nothing worse than watching the judges fawn over their own acts, no matter how dire they are.

Couldn't agree more. I rather enjoyed Alexandra and she was a lot better than I thought she was going to be :)
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her script was written - she followed it

you have to when your being paid.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's horrible :(
    Those shaver ads things were arghhhhh
  • gladiator18gladiator18 Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another.

Ive never been so insulted in my entire life, never call me JLS fan EVER again. cant believe ive been insulted like this, have you no shame?

im a fan of real musical artists not manufactured, cowell arse licking, xcraptor rubbish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaw, diddums! A JLS fan by any chance?

You are rather rude. Just because we don't agree does not give you the right to call me a JLS fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

when did he say that?
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wrong!

They are supposed to be partial to their own acts, that's why they are mentors.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I find some of the reasons people are slagging Alexandra off are pathetic!
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always out of step. I thought she was a breath of fresh air. She connects with the show and shows real enthusiasm; it's clear that Rowland doesn't give a a ****.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PMSL - a little earlier this evening, Alan Carr was chatting to Matt Cardle on Chatty Man - when he mentioned her he called her "Alexandra Bloke" :D
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    She WILL regret doing this weeks Xfactor, she has not come across well IMO.