Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gravity 6.5/10 - I watched this on the TV. This probably is more impressive on a big IMAX screen but it's OK. I wouldn't watch it again though.

And the physics is a bit off a couple of times so I would recommend not watching it if things like this annoys you :D

Fallen 6/10 - Good premise but I think this would have been much better if they had aimed the storyline more towards adults. IMHO, one of the characters couldn't act either - so I found this rather annoying.

It's entertaining enough to watch on a Sunday afternoon if you have kids though. (On Netflix).
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,022
    Forum Member
    The Incredible Hulk - 7/10 - Edward Norton makes a fine choice of lead, another solid Marvel Avengers film.
    The Sweetest Thing - 5/10 - entertaining, puerile with a couple of really funny comedy moments.
    Vanilla Sky - 8/10- Superb at times, a bleak well scripted and acted effort with some unexpected twists.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Ass Spider - Pretty silly, but quite funny & entertaining.

Not too long either.

I'd say it's worth a watch if you don't take your films too seriously.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12 angry men . First time I'd seen i really enjoyed it 10/10

Agree with the ten there-absolutely brilliant film and one of those "must sees" imo.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Past (Le passe) (2013) 9/10
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    American Hustle 3/10 - Yawn fest.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Forget Me Not (Brit film, not the horror one of the same name).

Quite sweet but sad, fabulous shots of London by night, really enjoyed it.
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargate (1994) one of my favourite movies because I am interested in ancient Egypt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeWC6Cc7XVY
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    'Never let me go' last night on Filmfour.

I'd been wanting to see it for a while so I was pleased when they showed it.
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hills have eyes 2. Recorded from film4 Sunday night. Disappointing sequel. Was only half paying attention towards the end. 1/10.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    20 Feet from Stardom 2013
    Winner best documentary at recent Oscars.
    Follows story of backing singers through the last few decades, their hopes, brush with fame, but failure to capitalsie.
    It was really good, quite poignant. 7/10

Soundcity
    Dave Grohl revisits the famous recording studio of Nirvanas Nevermind Album.
    Thoroughly interesting for any music lover. I knew so little of the legacy of this great studio. Highly recommended. 7/10
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Machete Kills - So cheesy that my cholesterol count almost doubled just watching it, but that's what is so good about it.

Completely OTT & daft at times, but doesn't take itself seriously at all & that's what Machete should be about.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Bachelor Knight (1947) - 7.5/10
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Godfather Part II. So multi-layered and the attention to detail is incredible not to mention the performances. No idea how many times I've seen this but each time I do, I pick up on something new. Yeah, it's a masterpiece and 10/10 doesn't do it justice really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muddy River (Doro no kawa) (1981) 9/10
    Fando Y Lis (1968) 4/10
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anchorman 2 : The Legend Continues (Unrated version)

Not often I say this about a sequel but have to say that in places it is funnier than the first. 10/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All The Kings Men (1949) 8.5/10
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    The Great Gatsby (2013) 8/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    The Trouble with Harry (1955) - 8/10
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fargo. 1996. 9/10. One of the Coen brothers best movies!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Friends With Benefits - 9/10

I love this film. :)
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The World's End - I thought it was supposed to be funny, in reality it was just sh*t.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P.D. (LINK)

I liked it. This film got some really bad reviews and was in and out of theaters faster than you can count to 5. No one that I know of has seen it. But I finally had a chance to watch it, not expecting much at all, and enjoyed it. On the plus side: nice visuals and Jeff Bridges is great in it. And there's an interesting story too. Downside: it's very short and you can tell that a lot of the film was left on the cutting room floor during editing. It's clear that R.I.P.D. was originally a much larger film. I don't know the full story but Jeff Bridges is on record saying the movie he filmed and the movie that was released are completely different - something he wasn't happy about. But until someone makes a proper R.I.P.D. film, this one isn't bad at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bakumatsu Taiyoden (1957) 8/10
    Gods Of The Plague (Gotter der Pest) (1970) 7/10
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paranormal Activity 3. 7/10. Better than 1 & 2 in my opinion. Ghosts shouldn't be scaring kids!
This discussion has been closed.