Anyone Else Stopped Eating Bread?

2»

Comments

• F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying people are faking gluten intolerance to be cool?

A lot of people are eating it thinking it's healthy,the products used to replace the gluten can contain more calories.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i gave it up, but that was due to a reaction i started developing when eating it, such as toilet troubles ! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yes, i done well again..not had any now for couple of days..i don''t feel like im clogged up with it :D i like to feel fresh inside lol
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's absolutely no reason why I would. I eat bread every day and have no ill effects.
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've cut way back. I haven't banished it altogether because I find that counterproductive in dieting / healthy eating / whatever you want to call it. I'm finding that low carb is the only way forward for me. As a diabetic I inject insulin to cover carbs, and the insulin makes me hungry so I eat more carbs and have more insulin... the only way I can control my hunger is to eat fewer carbs and therefore have less insulin.

I wouldn't be surprised if many obese people are actually hyperinsulinised and don't know it.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Life without bread would be like life without a warm crusty wife.
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I love bread !!!!!! :p
    but I didn't eat any Friday or Saturday - as I am trying to cut out some calories
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I used to have sandwiches for lunch every day, I've cut that out now. I don't eat bread in the week at all but I will sometimes have it at the weekend; just doing this makes a difference. No point me trying to cut it out completely as I won't achieve that.
  • user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Hello all.

Since my last post I lost 7 kilos more but I confess that I cheated a couple of times, both for social reasons. I went to two weddings and both receptions were at a starred restaurant. I simply couldn't resist the temptation to try everything on the menu, plus the cakes. I realised immediately how my appetite and cravings spiralled out of control in the following days. Each time I needed a good three weeks to get things back as they were. Sadly, for me carbs equal to increased appetite and cravings for sweet things, especially bread and the b*tchy chocolate. I really had a hard time. By cutting bread (and other carbs) I lost a total of 15 kilos and 3 dress sizes. I must say though that I hadn't expected how the two cheating occasions were that very hard on my regime. I thought they couldn't be that big a deal but I was wrong.

When I'll be introducing carbs back in my diet, I'll make sure I'll do gradually and start from wholegrain bread and not sweet junk. I just wanted to share my experience here as I was rereading my food journal.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    There's absolutely no reason why I would. I eat bread every day and have no ill effects.

Me neither. I love it and eat it every day.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've cut down a lot on bread and won't have a loaf in the house anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i have the odd piece of toast..try not to make butties or buy them now..the odd roll or baps i like just one off..Freeze the rest, but they tend to go dry, and end up binning the rolls :o
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped eating Warburtons bread as it was making me feel ill, now i normally stick to Hovis but only half a dozen slices a week. Cannot give up bread full stop as i really like the buns from the local bakers.
  • Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I don't eat all that much bread. We only buy whole wheat bread.

I do love whole wheat tortillas, too.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love a bit of bread........every day I get up early and go round the shops to get a fresh bread roll for breakfast. They sell about 10 different kinds so I have lots of variety but you can't beat a good old Fresh Wholemeal Roll, still a bit hot from the oven

I guess that one bread roll a day won't do anyone any harm........if anything it fills you up and means you can skip your elevenses of a Mars Bar and half a packet of biscuits