Options

How do i buy Credit for iTunnes?

user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi Guys,

I've never bought music digitally and don't have any clue how to go about doing so. I don't have a credit card so was wondering if there was any other way you can buy credit (don't even know if that's the right word :o) I have the following questions:

1 If you can buy credit, is it like phone credit where you need to buy different vouchers for different phone companies ie would I have to buy seperate credit for iTunnes, Amazon etc

2 I live in Ireland so would this make any difference or are there specific Irish versions of music stores?

All help is appreciated and thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) you buy a top up card from supermarkets, news agents etc. worth different amounts to use on the itunes store. I don't think you can buy top up cards for amazon etc. Alternatively you can use a debit card.

2) Ireland has a different itunes store to the UK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LewisUK wrote: »
    1) you buy a top up card from supermarkets, news agents etc. worth different amounts to use on the itunes store. I don't think you can buy top up cards for amazon etc. Alternatively you can use a debit card.

2) Ireland has a different itunes store to the UK

Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks

I hope I helped, have you go any more questions? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    iTunes cards are widely available in all kinds of shops. In the UK they come in various amounts - £15, £25 and £50 I think. You would need a different card to buy from Amazon and their cards are also available but I've not seen them in as many stores as iTunes - in fact I think I've only seen them in Clinton's Cards, not sure if you have those in Ireland? Again they're available in various prepaid amounts.

I think there's an Irish iTunes store....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

I've never bought music digitally and don't have any clue how to go about doing so. I don't have a credit card so was wondering if there was any other way you can buy credit (don't even know if that's the right word :o) I have the following questions:

1 If you can buy credit, is it like phone credit where you need to buy different vouchers for different phone companies ie would I have to buy seperate credit for iTunnes, Amazon etc

2 I live in Ireland so would this make any difference or are there specific Irish versions of music stores?

All help is appreciated and thanks in advance :D

you can just sign up to iTunes Ireland a make an account.

then you can buy the Gift cards in HMV or Tesco. they have a number at the back which you scratch off and put in when you click the "Redeem" button :)

then it says you have €15 credit for example
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    clfan wrote: »
    you can just sign up to iTunes Ireland a make an account.

then you can buy the Gift cards in HMV or Tesco. they have a number at the back which you scratch off and put in when you click the "Redeem" button :)

then it says you have €15 credit for example

That's what I do. When I first signed up someone gave me a £15 UK Itunes gift card and I asked if it was ok to use in Ireland and was told no. Another way you can buy credit is by buying gift certs on the store and email them to yourself :) I do that sometimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice. It's been very helpful and @LewisUK I won't have any more questions until I get a voucher and go to set up the account. I'm very computer thick :o and need step by step instructions to do the most basic things lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I do. When I first signed up someone gave me a £15 UK Itunes gift card and I asked if it was ok to use in Ireland and was told no. Another way you can buy credit is by buying gift certs on the store and email them to yourself :) I do that sometimes.

yeah I find it much easier that way too. you can keep track better of how much your spending and you don't have to use credit card details
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    clfan wrote: »
    yeah I find it much easier that way too. you can keep track better of how much your spending and you don't have to use credit card details

I used my dad's credit card to sign up but at least he doesn't get all my Itunes downloads on his statement seeing as I just use vouchers :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used my dad's credit card to sign up but at least he doesn't get all my Itunes downloads on his statement seeing as I just use vouchers :D

thats good then. all the email recepts can be annoying but you get used to it lol
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time Clintons / Tescos / Argos has some kind of deals on iTunes voucher (best ones that I've seen are £30 worth vouchers for £20.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Definetly try tesco I got a 15 euro voucher in there for 10 euro before.

I think you have to ask at the counter for them, probably depends on the store
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to use the i-tunes store from another country,sign up for that countries store using any address within said country,and an email address that you've never used with i-tunes before. Then get hold of an i-tunes gift card for that country and use that. When it asks for a credit/debit card number click 'none' and select the 'redeem voucher' option. Once your credit is used up you'll have to get another card to make more purchases. You can often find cards for other countries,particularly the US,on ebay.