Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not shocked i knew the imeniant return was due once the staged holiday pics were out
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    That insulting term is your opinion and terminology and not mine.

Why should he do anything you think he should, you wouldnt if he thought the same about you.

He is a man who has a career in the media, like many thousands of others, does little different to those, does a reality show about his family, sings, does shows and is constantly on TV and in magazines.
    It is a career which those thousands who queue up for the X Factor dream about and Pete has it.
    I do not think he is what you say, I think he has his management book the dates and he does his work. Just the same as all those thousands of other entertainers and reality show celebs.

Havent seen any of these called what Pete has been called on here. Why should any of this be ended because someone on a Forum doesnt like it. Yes, calling someone a insulting name on a Forum when his brother has recently died whether you think it or not is reprehensible.

Right G&Ts waiting, must go, thanks for the discussion, enjoyed it, will catch up again sometime. You can slate him all you like now without comeback, me too I suspect but no hard feelings.:D:D

I call lots of people media ****, particularly when that is what they are.

I am not asking him to change, I don't care enough about him. I do think he should show his children a lot more thought and consideration than he does.

You can think I am reprehensible because I call him his job title. Others may think his choice to bea media **** that is the reprehensible thing.

At no point have I insulted you or your choices. However, I find it strange that someone would insult a person they converse with to protect a stranger known for manipulation, for selling themselves and those around them.

He has chosen to continue to be a professional attention seeker. He has chosen to continue selling himself, his relationship, his family since his brother has died. He continues to **** out his life.

He lives by the sword.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I call lots of people media ****, particularly when that is what they are.

I am not asking him to change, I don't care enough about him. I do think he should show his children a lot more thought and consideration than he does.

You can think I am reprehensible because I call him his job title. Others may think his choice to bea media **** that is the reprehensible thing.

At no point have I insulted you or your choices. However, I find it strange that someone would insult a person they converse with to protect a stranger known for manipulation, for selling themselves and those around them.

He has chosen to continue to be a professional attention seeker. He has chosen to continue selling himself, his relationship, his family since his brother has died. He continues to **** out his life.

He lives by the sword.

Can I just say the fact that you consider him a whatever you think he is, it doesnt automatically make it true. Just because you dont like him either doesnt mean he is anything like your impression of him.

You and the several other posters who dont like him on here are on opposing sides to the people who do like him, buy his merchandise go to his concerts and think otherwise.

Each to their own, he wont be losing sleep and neither will I.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be wrong in your eyes but you are not him, know only what you see, you do not know how he or his family feels or agreed to, so why not give him and his family the benefit of the doubt, are you honestly saying he would do things against their wishes.

How others can say it was tasteless when the brother & family must have been party to it all, who are we to tell them what they should do because we find it tasteless, they are the ones who matter, not posters on a Forum.

And you are not him either..so how do you know what he is thinking /feeling? He doesn't seem to mind selling a story about his holiday and POSING with Emily ... I don't need to know what he and his family agreed to I am still allowed my
    opinion .. I didn't think it was right his poor parents had to fly half way round the world to be with their dying son when his father is said to be in poor health ..but that's my opinion and it's not going to change no matter how much you tell me off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just say the fact that you consider him a whatever you think he is, it doesnt automatically make it true. Just because you dont like him either doesnt mean he is anything like your impression of him.

You and the several other posters who dont like him on here are on opposing sides to the people who do like him, buy his merchandise go to his concerts and think otherwise.

And can I just point out that they are not automatically correct, either. In fact, they are in the tiny minority. There are far more people who do NOT buy his tickets, his merchandise, his sob stories, etc.

Each to their own. I am sure that the majority are not losing sleep at his lack of credibility, his lack of integrity, his lack of control over his media whoring ways.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    I wonder what will be like one year from now, if he got any interesting stuff left?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any parent who sells their kids childhood for their own personal gain is not a good parent to me.. I said that about Katie and Peter when they where together and I haven't changed my mind..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With 2,493,417 followers on twitter he has a lot that do like him :) A man who is part of a loving, supportive and beautiful close family, I know who I would rather be with on a night out with.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luvnlight wrote: »
    With 2,493,417 followers on twitter he has a lot that do like him

That's a drop in the ocean even just by UK population figures, and Twitter is world wide.
    Please don't try and judge peoples popularity based on Twitter followers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    That's a drop in the ocean even just by UK population figures, and Twitter is world wide.
    Please don't try and judge peoples popularity based on Twitter followers

I am sure a fair few of those will be antis anyway.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With 2,493,417 followers on twitter he has a lot that do like him :) A man who is part of a loving, supportive and beautiful close family, I know who I would rather be with on a night out with.

The number of twitter followers a celebrity has is meaningless in terms of popularity; most of them buy followers in bulk to increase their profile and perceived popularity - even the z list BB contestants to it - or their management do - it's very common.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yet he can't get an album past no18 or sell out an entire tour. Also I am part of a loving,supportive close family
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And how do you know that doesn't apply to every single person on here that you're choosing to criticise?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And how do you know that doesn't apply to every single person on here that you're choosing to criticise?

I tried, Blondie. I answered all the questions, and still got called reprehensible.

Can you tell me something you know about my kids? Can you tell me anything you know about them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried, Blondie. I answered all the questions, and still got called reprehensible.

Can you tell me something you know about my kids? Can you tell me anything you know about them?

I dont know if you have children or infact if you are male or female ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j0anne wrote: »
    im not shocked i knew the imeniant return was due once the staged holiday pics were out

Why should you be shocked? It's his job!:rolleyes:
    Do people know that it's his job?
    Everyone listen up........ Peter Andre is in the media, it's his job. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not his kids or his dead brothers though, its him getting the paycheck to balance out the fact that his wannabe Michael Jackson dancing shows and albums dont sell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Its not his kids or his dead brothers though, its him getting the paycheck to balance out the fact that his wannabe Michael Jackson dancing shows and albums dont sell.

His brother was in the show by choice. He's an Andre. They like to get involved in his life & all appear on his reality show. His kids don't do a great deal do they? Or has he got them in a band since the last time I looked?
    Who do people expect should feature on someone's reality show?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Who do people expect should feature on someone's reality show?

The Queen?
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    There are posed photos of him in the paper today. There was also a mini interview in the paper on New Years day, which discussed his brother. His show is still going, and his brother's "news" is one of the selling points.

Not exactly a request for privacy at this time, is it?

Posed photos??? Well I shouldn't be surprised you would think that. To me, and thankfully a lot of other people it's a case of yet another famous person being papped while on a private holiday. The last few months have been very stressful for them and they needed to get away to relax and de-stress.
    Then you get some idiot with a camera who sees ££££ signs!

With regards to the "mini interview", the way that was put together was pretty obvious to most that it was not taken from a recent interview. Also, the "interview" did not discuss his brother, it had a bit about his brother when it was first posted but was promptly removed from the "interview". Why do you think that was? Why was all mention of his brother removed from the "interview"? Could it possibly be because he didn't actually say anything about his brother's death at all? Why else would they remove all mention of his brother if Pete had said it in the "interview"?

Lastly, as for his tv programme still being aired, he has no control over that. ITV2 have spent money on making the series and wont scrap it. Before you argue that point...why would his brother say on Facebook ..The family would like to thank ITV for agreeing to postpone Pete's show as a mark of respect for our brother Andrew.

That suggests to me it is ITV who are calling the shots with regards to his tv programme.

So, as I first said, he has not voluntarily or actively been in the public eye since he found out his brother had days to live.

Yes, he has come back into circulation now, he has started posting on twitter again. It has been almost a month.

How long do you want him to stay at home weeping??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it is a discussion board however when it is character assassination, it needs to be countered.

Countered by whom exactly :confused: if you can prove that he isnt a proven liar, played an equal part in the disgusting antics during his marriage, didnt walk out on his kids, dosent use his kids and family, was practically thrown off the Oz celeb scene due to his lack of talent and constant boasting of sleeping with hundreds of women, then Im all ears and would be full of apologies for getting it all wrong.
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt yesterday by believing his pics werent posed for but after reading the obvious spin attempt on here to make out hes just misunderstood :mad: and as for the cheap shot of using his brothers death in defence of not bringing up his past behaviour well, thats just nasty, and straight out of the Can guide of distraction tactics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »

Yes, he has come back into circulation now, he has started posting on twitter again. It has been almost a month.

So, he is back to his media-whoring? So I can comment on it, then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Media whoring he hasnt even started yet, and the worst by far, is yet to come :( he has too much history of this sort of thing to change now, thats a fact, and not down to the creation of character assassination by posters :rolleyes:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Posed photos??? Well I shouldn't be surprised you would think that. To me, and thankfully a lot of other people it's a case of yet another famous person being papped while on a private holiday. The last few months have been very stressful for them and they needed to get away to relax and de-stress.
    Then you get some idiot with a camera who sees ££££ signs!

With regards to the "mini interview", the way that was put together was pretty obvious to most that it was not taken from a recent interview. Also, the "interview" did not discuss his brother, it had a bit about his brother when it was first posted but was promptly removed from the "interview". Why do you think that was? Why was all mention of his brother removed from the "interview"? Could it possibly be because he didn't actually say anything about his brother's death at all? Why else would they remove all mention of his brother if Pete had said it in the "interview"?

Lastly, as for his tv programme still being aired, he has no control over that. ITV2 have spent money on making the series and wont scrap it. Before you argue that point...why would his brother say on Facebook ..The family would like to thank ITV for agreeing to postpone Pete's show as a mark of respect for our brother Andrew.

That suggests to me it is ITV who are calling the shots with regards to his tv programme.

So, as I first said, he has not voluntarily or actively been in the public eye since he found out his brother had days to live.

Nicola - I'm genuinely curious: Do you think that bolding some of your words makes your point more vehement:confused:

Flipping your point on its head about him coming back into circulkation now - is it therefore now acceptable for his detractors to start criticising him again for the genuine reasons why they find him irritating? After all - as you say, it has been a month. Or is it one rule for him, one rule for anyone with any criticism?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has only posted three tweets

@MrPeterAndre I want to start back on twitter with something funny and light hearted so here goes. Is this my son ? http://moby.to/giacbd

@MrPeterAndre Or is this Jim Carrey http://moby.to/qyleuu

@MrPeterAndre On a serious note though, in what's been the worst time of my life, your support has been incredible. Thank you.