Cameron's holiday in Ibiza

Comments

• AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must have missed the news the last couple of days...MPs are getting 1% now (said that ministers will not be taking it) and IPSA expected to approve a £10K hike in June 013 to take effect from after the 2015 GE

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/may/19/mps-in-line-pay-rise

And BTW...read the same thing in Telegraph but link does not seem to be working right now...it was also on at least one BBC news bulletin.

I did see see the proposals which I believe are yet to be debated.

So nothing definite then, no money actually in their wallets?

Bercow has plenty of dosh, he has in recent years bought a property worth a million.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    mike1948 wrote: »
    The Sun on Sunday today leads page one with the fact that David Cameron is taking a holiday in Ibiza shortly after the killing of the soldier in Woolwich.

It seems that the Sun thinks Cameron should be at his desk in No 10 dealing with the situation.

I am not a Tory supporter but I think this is a cheap and unworthy shot at Cameron. All PMs work extremely hard doing a very stressful job and you can be sure that while he is in Ibiza he will not be cut off from No 10 - anything important will be brought to his attention immediately.

Whenever the PM of the day takes a break there will nearly always be some crisis, whether domestic or international.

It does seem like a cheap shot, If the prime minister cancelled a holiday every time there was a crisis he would never leave the UK.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I did see see the proposals which I believe are yet to be debated.

So nothing definite then, no money actually in their wallets?

No...but recall the first rule of Politics Forum...never allow fact to get in the way ;)
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    And yet he's there.and your making fun of him anyway :confused:

I'm not making fun of him as you put it I was merely voicing my opinion like you have just done.:sleep:
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WindWalker wrote: »
    I doubt he'll be missed around Westminster. ;)

Cameron's useless anyway and hope he takes a permanent holiday.Teresa May or Michael Gove (no joke) to take the lead please.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Meanwhile, behind the scenes, the puppetmaster is echoing what his minions are saying.

Rupert Murdoch: Tweets

What's unbelievable is that someone thinks Ibiza is cut off from the rest of the world. And the terrorism alert level hasn't changed since July 2011 when it slipped down a notch from Severe to Substantial (mid table).

Old Rupy seemed to get a bit of flack for that post, so he followed up with...

Which rather begs the question as to how many British mosques the Dirty Digger has been frequenting. My guess? None.

Someone should keep Murdoch away from Twitter!
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why it matters were he holidays as long as it's paid for out of his own pocket and it's in his own time, he can't be taking cheap holidays during term time ;)
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this hilarious, I really do.

When an old woman who was hated by millions dies, all leave was cancelled, but hey, ho.....
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brown would have been slaughtered for this.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone told him that Ibiza was good for clubbing.............but he was very disappointed to find that there were no baby seals.......
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »

Which rather begs the question as to how many British mosques the Dirty Digger has been frequenting. My guess? None.

A bit ironic that he is complaining about individuals inciting hatred considering the papers he runs and fox news.

http://gawker.com/5939713/police-fox-news-obsessed-man-threatened-to-murder-girlfriend-for-being-a-liberal?popular=true
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't see THE SUN doing much about it either
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    don't see THE SUN doing much about it either

I wonder what the Sun would have said if Cameron had flown off to a News Corp conference on some exotic isle? That's right: nada.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watching the press preview and it's totally unfair how the papers are slaughtering Cameron for having a few days away...........

The guy's got to have a break now and then..............:mad:

They're saying he should be here because of the murder in Wooolwich............but what do they think he's going to do ?

He's not a detective or MI5 agent..................anyway, they've already got the alleged perpetrators.
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    One more reason I don't read the tabloids.

Attack the man for his policies, not his (well-earned) holidays with his family. Would not begrudge him the latter for an instant.
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's no big national disaster or event ongoing so why should PM remain in UK ??
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When 7/7 hit Boris didn't race back to his job... I remember this well ;):o
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    It is a cheap(ish) shot, but the Sun is after Cameron at the moment. Trouble is politicians bring it on themselves by rushing home at the drop of a hat and Cameron seems to do it quite a lot to show he is 'in charge'. If he felt it was important to rush back last week, it could be argued why not stay as it is still all over the media.

Not just the Sun, but most of the right-wing media are firing at him. I for one don't agree with his policies or his leadership, but am at a loss as to why we're supposed to think the PM can't have a break. I mean, what's he supposed to do if he stays here, patrol the streets with the police? Run the interrogation of the two perps himself?

It's a convenient excuse for the media to have a pop, they just want to stick the knife in for their own political ends.
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's going to notice? Britain's in shit street with or without him here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky news now reporting he's getting a real slagging in todays papers.

Not sure what difference it makes where he is. This is now a criminal investigation and he wouldn't be involved anyway.

The intellingence investigation will be carried out by the home secretary and she's still here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    Who's going to notice? Britain's in shit street with or without him here.

That's his fault is it.:confused:
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    He cut short a trip and returned back to the UK when Thatcher died but I guess that earned more brownie points.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Sky news now reporting he's getting a real slagging in todays papers.

Not sure what difference it makes where he is. This is now a criminal investigation and he wouldn't be involved anyway.

The intellingence investigation will be carried out by the home secretary and she's still here.

Sky just love this sort of story. Ian Lee on yesterday's paper review declared Cameron had not even visited Woolwich (which was a lie) and should have been in Woolwich meeting people!
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He cut short a trip and returned back to the UK when Thatcher died but I guess that earned more brownie points.

He also came back from France when this tragedy happened:confused:
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's in contact with the UK on a daily basis. It obviously doesn't look good as a public image, He's got kids who are off on half term week. but then when could he take a holiday? Or are people saying he's not ever allowed to take holidays? Should it be against the law for Prime Ministers or other top MP's ever take a holiday?