Options

Cyprus smoking laws

UlsterguyUlsterguy Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I'm going to Cyprus later this year. I'm told it has anti smoking laws similar to our own, but they are not policed heavily. Anybody been recently? I ask as a smoker.

Comments

• Options
    FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was there in the summer, the bars, eating places tend to have tables outside on the edge of the place and as far as I remember, people smoked out there.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I went there in 2007 (Larnaca) I went to a pub (Baileys) and there was a no smoking sign on the wall. Didn't bother me because there were tables outside and I could go out there and smoke. But the waitress came up to my table with an ashtray. I asked if I could and she said 'of course' My daughter had to take a picture as she thought it was funny. Not sure what the smoking laws are now. I remember getting off the plane there and having a ciggie while waiting for our luggage.
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I went there in 2007 (Larnaca) I went to a pub (Baileys) and there was a no smoking sign on the wall. Didn't bother me because there were tables outside and I could go out there and smoke. But the waitress came up to my table with an ashtray. I asked if I could and she said 'of course' My daughter had to take a picture as she thought it was funny. Not sure what the smoking laws are now. I remember getting off the plane there and having a ciggie while waiting for our luggage.

What a truly bonkers post!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I live in Cyprus. Smoking is not allowed in enclosed areas but you can smoke in bars, restaurants that have outdoor areas, which most do. Just sit outside!
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen so many people in Britain break smoking-ban laws that it could be argued our own enforcement of it is poor :D