Options

Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Comments

• Options
    lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Add sauce = add calories.

No where near as many calories as real noodles are though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu25 wrote: »
    No where near as many calories as real noodles are though!

I remember looking at the calorie and fat content of of pot noodle and was shocked how high is was.

I've stopped eating pasta, bread and cheese now and the weight is dropping off nicely. Also feel more energetic in the morning!

. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Sarah I'm like you. My appetite seems to work over a 48 hour cycle rather than a 24 hour one so tend to eat a lot one day and not much the next. The thing I have to watch out for is social or bored eating on the 'quiet' day as that makes me go over what my appetite is telling me. I also always eat more the week before my period and much less the week of it.

I'm going to have to be careful this week as I've hurt my foot so can't walk home every day. I'll start tomorrow and see what it's like but yesterday I couldn't walk at all. I went over on my ankle a couple of weeks ago and the foot blew up to twice the size but was fine a week later. But now it hurts at the base of my toes all the way along. Nothing is broken as it's all still moving so I'll have to do some internet diagnosis. Can't go back to the doctors with something else! I was up there when I first damaged my ankle but I didn't mention it as I was there for something else.

Striing, I have to watch the bored eating especially. It's something I'm trying to stop and feel quite proud that yesterday I refused toast and biscuits. I'm having a good (ish) week as I've been out every day so been having three meals and maybe a treat. Yesterday's treat was a chocolate muffin but I'd spent all day in a class of hyper 4/5 year olds and done a 3 mile walk so I was flagging a bit!

Hope your foot is better too and that you're walking again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost a stone in the past 6 weeks :) Hoping to lose another stone by 1st Aug.

I can really feel a difference in my clothes, which is great motivation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    I've lost a stone in the past 6 weeks :) Hoping to lose another stone by 1st Aug.

I can really feel a difference in my clothes, which is great motivation.

It's a good feeling isn't it. :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Update

Weighed myself this morning and i lost another 2lb..woop

Started diet around the 4th June and so far i lost a total of 5lb :p..so pleased :)
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 0.2lb this week but I have just returned from a weeks holiday so realising I haven't put any on despite being a bit naughty a couple of times I am quite pleased.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to all of those who have lost weight.

I weighed myself on Friday, and I have gone up! I was underweight and was eating more, but now I'm 78.something, maybe 78.3kg, compared to my target of 77kg. So, I'm now going to go back on my diet 1800kcal per day until I'm back on target. It could just be normal weighing variation, but it seems a bit high for that. In any case, that's only about 3lb overweight so even if it is real weight, I can lose that in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good plan WF nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem, don't we all wish we had done that before we caused ourselves to need to diet seriously ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news with everybodies weightloss!

We've moved home and its all been a bit up in the air for me (and still have no wifi and the village has no 3G- its driving me mad!) - I've maintained the same weight for about 3 weeks which is a relief as I've been drinking wine far too often as its been so stressful. Although even with the wine guzzling I'm quite chuffed after yesterday- went clothes shopping and the size 14 was too big, size 12 fitted like a glove :D
    Am going to set up the home gym this afternoon, just need to move more boxes to make space.

Aim for this week- 1.5lb loss. I want to be a small size 12 by August.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Well done to everyone who's done great this week :)

I've had a mixed week, started off really well and even managed a session on my DVDs and I think that's where it all went wrong! I woke up the next day and could barely move so I think I over did it a bit as it had been about 3 weeks since I'd been on one so probably should have took it a bit easier. Then I came down with a cold/virus/sickness bug and it's completely knocked me for six. Thankfully I feel a bit better today and if my stuffy nose would go and I could sleep for a few hours I'd be ok! Need to perk up fast as have an interview this week...

Hope everyone has a succesful week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great news with everybodies weightloss!

We've moved home and its all been a bit up in the air for me (and still have no wifi and the village has no 3G- its driving me mad!) - I've maintained the same weight for about 3 weeks which is a relief as I've been drinking wine far too often as its been so stressful. Although even with the wine guzzling I'm quite chuffed after yesterday- went clothes shopping and the size 14 was too big, size 12 fitted like a glove :D
    Am going to set up the home gym this afternoon, just need to move more boxes to make space.

Aim for this week- 1.5lb loss. I want to be a small size 12 by August.
    I want to be a size 14 by September :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spent a good bit of yesterday sorting out my clothes and taking what is too big to the clothes bank. Not sure that was such a good feeling as I can't afford at the moment to replace them. But it did feel good knowing I was smaller now.

Wish I had waited until today to weigh in as I hopped on the scale today and had lost 2lb since Friday's weigh in, so back on track and obviously didn't do too badly on holiday at all.
  • Options
    SplotSplot Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone, how is everyone doing?

Down to 9 stone 9, was 9 stone 8 at one point.

Still on the heart break diet so expecting some major loss in the next couple of weeks. Just looking at food is making me feel sick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd that, when I was on holiday had a tub of ice cream between us as a treat, had just one spoonful of mine and decided it was horribly sweet and couldn't eat it. Went back to my salad quite happily and enjoyed that greatly.

Always thought I had a sweet tooth but seems it was a cultivated one and I really don't !
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Splot wrote: »

Still on the heart break diet so expecting some major loss in the next couple of weeks. Just looking at food is making me feel sick.

Ahh bless you. I lost over 2.5 stone on this diet :eek: Not good as I went down to 8.2 and at 5ft 8 looked bloody awful.

Just try and eat small amounts every few hours as you will be using up nervous energy. xx
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I eat unhealthy amounts of fats and sugars but I've yet to gain or lose any fat in the past six months! But I want to lose weight so I've cut down on the fats and sugars in the past month and I can't afford a gym membership right now so do you guys have any tips on how to get a flatter stomach?

I wouldn't say I've got heaps of fat but I just feel really uncomfortable with my body and I'm not looking to get a six pack I just want a more toned body...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Splot wrote: »

All good. I had a burger and fries on Saturday night on the way back from a night out (as you do), but ate sensibly yesterday and weighed in this morning to find out I was a pound lighter than Friday! So all good....all in moderation is just fine for me.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Odd that, when I was on holiday had a tub of ice cream between us as a treat, had just one spoonful of mine and decided it was horribly sweet and couldn't eat it. Went back to my salad quite happily and enjoyed that greatly.

Always thought I had a sweet tooth but seems it was a cultivated one and I really don't !

I had a bit of an overload of chocolate and biscuits on Sat and felt sickly quite quickly where as in the past I would have been fine just scoffing away. I'm now down to 10 st & 5.5 lbs and am two lbs off losing a stone when I started out which is coming up to 2 months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done ! and I know what you mean just looking at some of the things I would happily have eaten last year make me feel quite queasy, sara lee double chocolate cakes being my all time favourite for many years can't even look at it now !
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Well done ! and I know what you mean just looking at some of the things I would happily have eaten last year make me feel quite queasy, sara lee double chocolate cakes being my all time favourite for many years can't even look at it now !

I'm really getting into salads, though I pile on the dressing. I've got enough calories in hand for a decent salad tonight.

I can still definitely eat non-dairy 'ice-cream' though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my diet still going well too :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Remember to do what you can see yourself still doing down the road. Not having a short and long term plan is the road to ruin. Also, do the research yourself! Don`t expect some company to have your best interest in mind. Also check out
    http://choppysreviews.com/fat-loss-f-a-q/ for more info. This covers pretty nicely just about everything you need to know about losing weight. Lost 50lbs in the last 2 years:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done ! Yes you are right I am I hope doing this right as I am eating foods I would normally eat and as I an not hungry and not having cravings I think I can stay on them for good once I get down to a more reasonable size. TBH I am not aiming for a final target weight just for a stone at a time, doesn't seem to be so daunting that way.
  • Options
    JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi,

new to the thread. i joined weightwatchers yesterday, is anyone else doing weightwatchers? if so, how are you getting on?

i'm having my cousin over on saturday for an indian takeaway, i was going to get a chicken dopiaza with boiled rice as dopiaza isn't creamy based, but in the WW eating out guide it's the same point value as korma? :eek:

anyway, i never really eat the sauce, only the chicken, and i just pour a few spoonfuls of the sauce over the rice. if i do this on saturday, would i still count the dish as 26 points?