Options

Alan Carr: Chatty Man - Series 11

HMOHMO Posts: 42,220
Forum Member
Starts this Friday, 10pm on Channel 4.

Guests this week are Lee Evans, Keeley Hawes, Deborah Meaden, Peter Jones, Duncan Bannatyne, Kelly Hoppen, Sharon Osbourne and Rizzle Kicks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I like Alan Carr, but it's the same old faces time after time - Keeley Hawes being an exception. The 'Dragon's' need to **** off once and for all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Dragon's have only been on once before.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Carr is back with the eleventh series of the show will begin on 30 August 2013. The show will celebrate its 100th episode in September. This series will feature appearances by Justin Timberlake, Jessie J and Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum.

The first episode kicks off with Sharon Osbourne, Rizzle Kicks & Lee Evans.

Not only that they have a brand new set this series as well:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/1170719_10151612288981586_1204897610_n.jpg
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the guest list is going to be underwhelming this series yet again. Sharon Osbourne this week, oh dear. Let me guess why she is showing up? Ah yes, to promote the tedious X Factor on ITV, rather a strange thing for Channel 4 to want to promote. Immediately puts me off wanting to watch. I'd prefer Alan Carr just to do a decent comedy show and forget these self serving merry-go-round guests who turn up on his show. The comedy is fine, but the guests on his show are 80% a big bore and much of the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Im a big fan of Alans so looking forward to this!:D Good to see a camp new set!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Looks like the guest list is going to be underwhelming this series yet again. Sharon Osbourne this week, oh dear. Let me guess why she is showing up? Ah yes, to promote the tedious X Factor on ITV, rather a strange thing for Channel 4 to want to promote. Immediately puts me off wanting to watch. I'd prefer Alan Carr just to do a decent comedy show and forget these self serving merry-go-round guests who turn up on his show. The comedy is fine, but the guests on his show are 80% a big bore and much of the same.

Kind of a rich thing to say :confused: Because every single year for god knows how long now they have always had the X Factor Judges and Strictly Judges on there so I dont see how that is strange, and that it is normal for Channel 4 to have the judges on their it kinda brings in ratings.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I think it also bored other fans of the show to tears.
    It has really gone down hill, even compared to Ross on ITV.

The big name guests aren't really that special either.
    The show lives off z-list, reality and x-factor type show guests and the stream of C4/chatty man regualrs.

I'm not sure how a glitzy set is supposed to help. Is it to bring in bigger stars?
    One of the things that made it different was that it was supposed to be Alan in his flat inviting guests in for a chat and a drink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont forget it starts tonight at 10pm :)
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand this man. He was on the radio today with Zoe Ball, I had to switch off.
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Carr seems nice, but his show is getting a bit repetitive. He does some good guests but like others have said, he does get a lot of fluff guests as well. Though it could be the network's fault. I remember Alan Carr saying a few year's ago that he hated having the BB guests on the Friday Night Project all the time, but Channel 4 insisted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he needs to branch out a bit more - have guests that you wouldn't expect to see on this kind of show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I think he needs to branch out a bit more - have guests that you wouldn't expect to see on this kind of show.
    He could be the new old Graham Norton. He used to get he guests who didn't do the BBC/Ross show which was the big one to do.
    He got celebs who were well liked but also a bit quirky and odd.
    Now he's mainstream he just gets the big guests who want to plug their stuff on the big BBC1 show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone watch last night?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch last night?

I have now watched but the guests were so awful that I nearly switched off, and im a fan of Alans!
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy the show, but that new set is horrible. The show was supposed to feel cosy as if guests were in Alan's flat, its too 'glamorous' now I think.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I agree about the set. It was much cosier before.
    Sharon Osbourne (I normally like her) was a bit OTT though to my liking.....was she putting it on do you think? Or just drunk!
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dragons had barley sat down and they were off.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    He needs to employ some new celebrity bookers. The same old faces again and again. All the top celebrities go on Graham Norton.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Alan, but I had to switch it off when Sharon Osbourne came on.
    Hideous OTT woman.
    I hate the x factor, and any mention of it will have me switching the telly over as fast as I can.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    He needs to employ some new celebrity bookers. The same old faces again and again. All the top celebrities go on Graham Norton.

Actually, crazy as it seems, all the top celebrities appear on The One Show in the week. I've seen huge names purely by accident over the summer, such as Barry Gibb and Rod Stewart to name just two. Many guests such as Frankie Valli last year do not seem to do the talk show circuit relentlessly. I know Rod has been on Alan's show, but the guest list is dire in the extreme and so transparently and blatantly promotional that it's a real turn off, such as with Osbourne there simply as a promo for X Factor and the foursome there just to promote another TV show on the BBC. Channel 4 telling everyone to watch anything but their own channel it seems. Alan Carr is so much better than this weary parade of guests. I'm actively put off the whole show by it. Yet the BBC's One Show seems to get some very high calibre guests that it does not deserve considering the poor presenters on that show, yet Alan Carr has to make do with over used, promo induced cast offs. Such a shame.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught up with it on 4oD

I think I even stopped watching it last year in the end as I got bored with it. Only really like watching when I know at least one guest :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Terrible opener. You'd think they'd want more for the first in a new series with a new set.

What character was Shiela Hancock supposed to be playing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last week's show had David Walliams and Kirsty & Phil. What a surprise!
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miley Cyrus was good tonight
    The other guests were a bit boring though
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Alan Carr, but yeah I must admit the guests are a bit shit sometimes. I suppose the only reason Miley Cyrus was on is because Norton and Ross aren't on at the moment.