*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In August Gaga gave a homeless man a rose, he waited for her last night night at the AMA and he gave her one back!

Here is the pic:
    https://twitter.com/gagapromo/status/405081580265549824/photo/1

I made a thread about it, I doubt any nice comments will come back really, but I thought it was sweet and just a general "nice" story! :)
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    In August Gaga gave a homeless man a rose, he waited for her last night night at the AMA and he gave her one back!

Here is the pic:
    https://twitter.com/gagapromo/status/405081580265549824/photo/1

I made a thread about it, I doubt any nice comments will come back really, but I thought it was sweet and just a general "nice" story! :)

That is very sweet.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GagaDoll a full sized listening station is coming

You put your head to it's chest and it plays songs from ARTPOP

Now this really is strange :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlmb9AK0vkw#t=0
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys been away for a while, back now! Great AMA performance from Gaga and R Kelly, I think this is what she needs to aim for in the future. Clear concepts, well executed! I love that she brought the mechanical horse from BTWB to a red carpet too, award ceremonies have sure been boring without her!

What's coming up next for Gaga? She did an interview with ellen i think which I haven't watched yet and the thanksgiving special is coming up right? She needs to do something to salvage the sales over here, but maybe that ship has sailed...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this Gagadoll thingy looks amazing!

Do we buy it!? Imagine a gaga in your house! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    She will be on Alan Carr next week and then she has the Jingle Bell Ball coming up in UK so plenty of promo to get them sales in UK!

She will most likely stop at a few stations as well to show DWUW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes forgot about Jingle Bell Ball. Hopefully she's learnt from AMAs and is going to keep it that way from now on. A clear concept doesn't mean dumbing down and she can still throw in her art references if that's what she wants, but I think she really needs to streamline and just give solid performances that people can enjoy and understand.

How long will her set be at JBB? Is it about an hour?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, she's been very active on Twitter today and she's really going for the whole #promoteonlinekindness thing. She's blocking fans who don't spout online hate, and has repeatedly said that they're not standing by her or supporting the message if that's what they're writing. Glad she's taking it that far and not letting it go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently C5 have the rights to show the Muppets Thanksgiving Special.in the UK --- Will be on over Christmas :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Gaga climbing fast according to kworb UK itunes with DWUW!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga ‏@ladygaga 4h
    Born This Way (Country Road Version) is included on #SongsForThePhilippines to raise money for #Haiyan relief efforts http://iTunes.com/Philippines

Why this song?:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen some of the posts in the album thread? I don't know what's more bizarre, me checking it to find some normal 'nice' posts or the fact 2/3 members seem to want to keep returning to enjoy gaga's "chart downfall". It's really quite strange but there's a certain two members who seem to know everything about gaga's sales since her debut yet seem to critisize every angle.

It's very hard to discuss the album in the album thread :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I haven't been in that thread in a week or two, but I can imagine it's the same people saying the same things.

It certainly is interesting that people who have no interest in Gaga are so invested in talking about her sales, but whatever. The album is going to flop - move on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been in that thread in a week or two, but I can imagine it's the same people saying the same things.

It certainly is interesting that people who have no interest in Gaga are so invested in talking about her sales, but whatever. The album is going to flop - move on.

It's just so strange, their dedication I mean. Oh well, not much can be done.

ARTPOP has 1/2 good singles in there. Manicure and G.U.Y particularly.
    Forum Member
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    It's just so strange, their dedication I mean. Oh well, not much can be done.

ARTPOP has 1/2 good singles in there. Manicure and G.U.Y particularly.

At least Gaga's entertaining people, I guess. ;)

The only singles I can see are Gypsy and Sexxx Dreams.

The former is an absolute must for the 3rd single. It's fun, likeable, catchy and it'll make a great Grammy performance. Plus the piano-led poppy power-ballad will be appropriate alongside Cheek to Cheek.

Sexxx Dreams in my mind is good for the 4th single because it's long been a stand out, it's different, it's good for summer and it'll probably get some attention late the campaign.

It'd be good for ARTPOP to sell 2-3 million before ACT II drops (hopefully in Q3/4 2014)...which I'm assuming will combine with ACT I's sales. When all is said and done, 5ish million together would be great.

Hard to call how C2C will do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, talking about the sales isn't exactly unrelated to the album thread of ARTPOP. And it is true, if the album were selling really well that would be posted all over that thread. There's definitely a lot of enjoyment that she's not doing as well as she used to, but whatever. I'm not a fan because she's flavour of the month. I still enjoy her music and performances and that's all that matters!

This era will be interesting for her - i wonder what she will do next. I'm really hoping for Gypsy to be released, it really needs it. She could do a great video for it and it calls for all sorts of fab performances - stripped back, full on rock etc.
    Forum Member
    Sales talk is to be expected, we all do it, it's just boring as hell when that's all people can - and do - talk about. Well that and analysing her "fading career". Like, some of us actually want to focus on the entertainment being provided by the entertainer. Doesn't even need to be positive, just not constant melodramatic critique. If you don't like said entertainment, that's fine - but what does repeatedly being negative achieve? Do you think Gaga will stumble upon it eventually if you post it enough times? Is it to agitate fans? Or convince yourself? Oy.

Anyyyyways.

I can't believe I actually like Fashion (on some level) now. And Dope (live). Total 180 from me removing them from the tracklist last month. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales talk is to be expected, we all do it, it's just boring as hell when that's all people can - and do - talk about. Well that and analysing her "fading career". Like, some of us actually want to focus on the entertainment being provided by the entertainer. Doesn't even need to be positive, just not constant melodramatic critique. If you don't like said entertainment, that's fine - but what does repeatedly being negative achieve? Do you think Gaga will stumble upon it eventually if you post it enough times? Is it to agitate fans? Or convince yourself? Oy.

Anyyyyways.

I can't believe I actually like Fashion (on some level) now. And Dope (live). Total 180 from me removing them from the tracklist last month. :D

Yeah you're right, there's definitely a certain amount of revelling. I ignore it for the most part.

What about Jewels and Drugs? Still not a favourite? ;) it's turned into a bit of a guilty pleasure for me :o

I love that amazing long note she holds in Fashion, hope she does that live!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see the Rupaul and Elton duets for the Thanksgiving special. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't caught all the performances but the ones I've seen look really great! I always really enjoy her duets with Elton John, they have great chemistry. I hope they do more in the future! Loved RuPaul :) so fabulous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I am ridiculously laughing at Miss Piggy's voice singing the chorus of 'Applause' Haha, her and Gaga should do a studio duet :p

One thing I was slightly disappointed with was there was some Muppets/Gaga/Elton collab on 'artpop', I just felt of all the songs, that one was slightly random :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the performances were great apart from Fashion which really just highlighted what a weak song it is.
    The Elton duets were amazing and they did the thing with ARTPOP which I wish she had done on the album which is build it up more at the end. The album version -- as much as I like it -- stays pretty much flat all through.
    The "It's cold outside" duet was great as well ---- JazzGa shining through again :)
    OH!! and the Kermit Gypsy duet was great as well :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the ARTPOP duet with Elton. I thought it made the song even better, added a sort of rock element to it - and harmonies that I think are lacking in the original. And Slojo, I agree - this version actually seemed to go somewhere! I actually kinda hoped Elton would have sung more, but I liked Gaga and the jets so nice to see them together again.
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    I loved the Muppets special!

As always, the best of Gaga is not always available to buy, you have to hunt it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga performing Applause in Japan complete with the synth guitar thing and anime make up! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17s781_lady-gaga_music

She took a while to get going but I like her ad libs starting from about halfway through. At the beginning, I was wondering why she changed her vocal style but I guess it's cos she's in Japan and she's fitting in with their culture?