Any anxiety sufferers notice...

Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
Forum Member
✭✭✭
..that occasionally, once in a while you get days (or moments) where you feel really emotional and quite sensitive!? Today is one of those days for me. I'll be absolutely fine tomorrow, but today for some unexplained reason I just feel a bit sad, not depressed or anything but anything can trigger me to feel ever more sadder if that makes sense, music or just general thinking etc.

Comments

• JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Everyone has the odd day like that, not just anxiety sufferers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Everyone has the odd day like that, not just anxiety sufferers.
    Are you saying the OP has no more of an anxiety problem than the average joe ?

A bit harsh, glad I didn't say it.
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get sad and teary every day due to an unresolved family problem . Same as OP, a piece of music can set me off. I try not to dwell, but it's on my mind constantly, even when others think I might not have a care in the world. Is this anxiety? I really don't know.
  • london79london79 Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    this is all new to me - this week has been a living hell (See my thread walked out of work burn out)

Never really suffered anxiety until now. Today is a bad day only sleep about 2 hours last night been on edge all day today :( Hope you feel better tomorrow :)
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a form of Bipolar and I have those days, listening to music can set me off.
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suffer anxiety and yesterday was one of them days for me.
    I tend to spend a full day sulking, then get over it the next day.

I think it's just getting fed up of being anxious all the bloody time. I am constantly trying to carry on as normal as I can, keep myself calm, keep my temper in check, keep my emotions in check, and reassuring myself that something is going to be ok and I'm being irrational.
    My off days are days when I get exhausted and just sulk and feel sorry for myself.
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks London. You too.
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gnomsie wrote: »
    I suffer anxiety and yesterday was one of them days for me.
    I tend to spend a full day sulking, then get over it the next day.

I think it's just getting fed up of being anxious all the bloody time. I am constantly trying to carry on as normal as I can, keep myself calm, keep my temper in check, keep my emotions in check, and reassuring myself that something is going to be ok and I'm being irrational.
    My off days are days when I get exhausted and just sulk and feel sorry for myself.

I think you may be right.

I hope you're okay today! :)
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Are you saying the OP has no more of an anxiety problem than the average joe ?

A bit harsh, glad I didn't say it.

I read it that everyone gets emotional and sensitive, regardless of whether they suffer from anxiety. It didn't seem to me that the poster was playing down the OP's anxiety problem.
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    I think you may be right.

I hope you're okay today! :)

I'm tired, but absolutely fine today.
    I hope today's a better day for you too.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I can feel like this and also I can feel really annoyed at people for no reason I don't know why though
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stick agadoo on, always cheers people up
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, often (although not exclusively) on Sundays, more specifically Sunday evenings.