How much do I love this band :D

Comments

• Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://universalmusic.no/ecards/aha/

How much do I love this band :D

Me too QwertyGirl. Thanks so much for posting this.:):) I knew the new album was due soon but didn't realise exactly when.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too QwertyGirl. Thanks so much for posting this.:):) I knew the new album was due soon but didn't realise exactly when.

No probs Chickens Hit :D
    The album is released in June. Not sure of the title as yet.
    Will you be going to any of their gigs this year?
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    What later stuff would you recommend?

I loved them in their heyday, I had their albums on vinyl then later on got the HEadlines and deadlines compliation CD. After that I kinda forgot about them! Is the later stuff as good as their earlier? What tracks stand out?

My favourite ever Aha track is I've been losing you.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cool: Nice tune.Thanks for that.
    I've loved A-HA for years.Used to have the Hunting High and Low tape.Still got:Scoundrel Days,Memorial Beach and East Of The Sun tapes.
    Newest one i've got is 'Anologue'CD.I think that was their last release.My fav track on that is 'Cosy Prisons',also,'Birthright'.It's a good CD.
    Love' I've Been Losing You',also 'The Swing Of Things'.

There used to be a FM on C4 BB Forum called 'Mrs Morten Harkett'.Do you think she was a A-HA fan?.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Bear wrote: »
    What later stuff would you recommend?

I loved them in their heyday, I had their albums on vinyl then later on got the HEadlines and deadlines compliation CD. After that I kinda forgot about them! Is the later stuff as good as their earlier? What tracks stand out?

My favourite ever Aha track is I've been losing you.

That's my all time favourite A-Ha record ever. What great taste you have :D
    I think their later material is far superior to their 80s albums. Minor Earth Major Sky, Lifelines and Analogue are great albums
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    :cool: Nice tune.Thanks for that.
    I've loved A-HA for years.Used to have the Hunting High and Low tape.Still got:Scoundrel Days,Memorial Beach and East Of The Sun tapes.
    Newest one i've got is 'Anologue'CD.I think that was their last release.My fav track on that is 'Cosy Prisons',also,'Birthright'.It's a good CD.
    Love' I've Been Losing You',also 'The Swing Of Things'.

There used to be a FM on C4 BB Forum called 'Mrs Morten Harkett'.Do you think she was a A-HA fan?.:D

You're welcome, U96

Birthright is a superb song. Pity that Cosy Prisons didn't do as well in the charts compared to Analogue. Do you have Minor Earth Major Sky or Lifelines? They're also of good quality. They had an autobiography released a few years back called Swing Of Things which came with a demo of some of their early hits, including a very early pressing of Take On Me.

@ Mrs Morten Harkett - LOL!! Could possibly well be LOL!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Nah,i don't have those 2.I guess i went off them for a while.But when i heard the Anologue CD i knew i was back into them.I'll look out for them though,add them to my collection.
    He's a brill singer is our Morten.His voice is unique.
    Disarmingly handsome devil too,and i'm a man!.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Nah,i don't have those 2.I guess i went off them for a while.But when i heard the Anologue CD i knew i was back into them.I'll look out for them though,add them to my collection.
    He's a brill singer is our Morten.His voice is unique.
    Disarmingly handsome devil too,and i'm a man!.:o

Minor Earth Major Sky was a great comeback album from them after their 8 year break. Some great songs there.
    I agree with you about Morten, and he'll be 50 this year too:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »

Thank You Rossall
    Summer Moved On, I believe, Morten holds the world record for the longest held note sung. He holds a vocal note for 20.2 seconds. He sounds awesome when he sings it live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) I liked Lifelines and Summer Moved On.Not too keen on Minor Earth though.Bit wierd.Thanks for the links.
    It's funny.You ask people about A-HA,and they all say 'Take On Me' and 'The Sun Always Shines on tv'.Both great tunes,but it's a shame they've never listened to all their other good stuff.
    Does anyone remember when Morten co presented the Eurovision song contest?.I wanted him to sing,but no luck-he was wasted doing that show.:(
  • Options
    shuddupfluffyshuddupfluffy Posts: 3,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean Frenkel now holds the record (30 secs), unfortunately, but he isn't a patch on Morton, lookswise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean Frenkel now holds the record (30 secs), unfortunately, but he isn't a patch on Morton, lookswise!

:D Those cheekbones are to die for!.Razor sharp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) I liked Lifelines and Summer Moved On.Not too keen on Minor Earth though.Bit wierd.Thanks for the links.
    It's funny.You ask people about A-HA,and they all say 'Take On Me' and 'The Sun Always Shines on tv'.Both great tunes,but it's a shame they've never listened to all their other good stuff.
    Does anyone remember when Morten co presented the Eurovision song contest?.I wanted him to sing,but no luck-he was wasted doing that show.:(

I remember that night because my hubby took me to the cinema and when we came back I turned on the TV and could have kicked myself. I didn't think that Morten would present such a show.
    He did sing 'Heaven Not For Saints'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APppXYv9CSM&feature=related
    (about 2 minutes, 40 seconds into clip)

I know what you mean about the same songs forever mentioned, even in interviews where you get some stupid female presenter gushing and fawning over Morten and it gets embarrasing when they mention Take On Me (for Christsakes!, the song is 24 years old - they have made other, better records)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new single by A-Ha was only completed on the night of 23rd April.

The producer of the new album is Steve Osborne, who has produced for U2, New Order, Star Sailor, Elbow and Doves. It should sound great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember that night because my hubby took me to the cinema and when we came back I turned on the TV and could have kicked myself. I didn't think that Morten would present such a show.
    He did sing 'Heaven Not For Saints'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APppXYv9CSM&feature=related
    (about 2 minutes, 40 seconds into clip)

I know what you mean about the same songs forever mentioned, even in interviews where you get some stupid female presenter gushing and fawning over Morten and it gets embarrasing when they mention Take On Me (for Christsakes!, the song is 24 years old - they have made other, better records)

:) Ah,just watched that.13 years have taken their toll on my memory.I was shocked when i saw him presenting it.Such good English as well.
    Yeah,it's like when you mention OMD,people say 'oh,Enola Gay' that was a great song.They haven't heard of any of the other brill tunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Ah,just watched that.13 years have taken their toll on my memory.I was shocked when i saw him presenting it.Such good English as well.
    Yeah,it's like when you mention OMD,people say 'oh,Enola Gay' that was a great song.They haven't heard of any of the other brill tunes.

So true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new album will be called Foot Of The Mountain and will be released on 19th June. The album will have an 80s feel to it. I can't wait! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    Great news! I presume it's got this on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV7I6QDWTAw

That one HAS to be a single. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »
    Great news! I presume it's got this on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV7I6QDWTAw

That one HAS to be a single. :)

Such memories of a great night:D
    I think a lot of people thought this was a possible first release. It's got such a catchy hook with Magne's keyboard. Can't wait to hear a better sounding, better prodecued version of this song.
    Ah! Roll on June:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morten is to appear on Mr & Mrs TV show in a few weeks time. Possibly with Inez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morten is to appear on Mr & Mrs TV show in a few weeks time. Possibly with Inez.

:)I don't normally watch that trashy show.But i'll make an exception for Morten.
    Now,i'll give Foot of the mountain another spin.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)I don't normally watch that trashy show.But i'll make an exception for Morten.
    Now,i'll give Foot of the mountain another spin.:D

Neither am I into trashy TV, but hearing this from fellow A-ha junkies, I will have to record him (but only his section, not any of the other 'zelebrities')

And good for you for listening to FOTM. A-Ha fans are critisizing the song as it was written by Magne. The song was originally called 'The Longest Night' and released on his album from last year 'A Dot Of Black In The Blue Of Your Bliss'. There really is no pleasing certain fans. One fan even said 'this was the worst single A-ha have ever released!!!!!! Has this person not heard of Touchy!!! :D:eek: They want new material all the time, forever moaning about when A-ha will release anything and when they do, the fans moan:mad:
    I will never understand some people.
    I love A-ha because they can write and produce the most beautiful music. They have inspired U2, Coldplay, Keane to name but a few (I nickname U2 the A-ha tribute band :p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I liked there first cd collection( all the 80's)..There 2nd one with new stuff on it was cr@p, with just one song on that i liked..So if this new one is same way as the last i wont bother..Thank goodnesss for itunes, cos you can just pick the good ones you like out of it..
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    They are doing a few tour dates in the UK in November too - see a-ha.com or head to ticketmaster etc.

I have already got my tickets!