Chris Bates now also offered job with Viglen?

m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Despite Stella English winning the Apprentice, it seems that Chris has now been offered a job quietly behind the scenes to work alongside Stella in her new role at Viglen. This hasn't been reporrted elsewhere but presumably this is a reliable source.

Comments

• SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Didn't Lord Sugar say that on the following You're Hired programme anyway?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »

He did hint his door was always open to Chris. I wonder whether his choice was partly down to believing Chris would accept a job offer as runner up while Stella would have said no had she not won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Supercell wrote: »

Yes, he did. At the time I remarked out loud that in effect that meant they *both* had got the job. ;)

Good luck to them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    but he wont be paid 100 grand!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Looks like he took Alex's advice!
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I hope Chris will turn it down. I'm sure he could get a much better job now after the exposure.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he said his door was always open to Chris but if Chris chose not to come and talk to him he was sure he would do well anyway - which was as near as it could be to a job offer.

I think he said something similar to Ruth Badger didn't he, but Ruth chose to set up her own business.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Sugar didn't say he was offering him a job.

Anyone want to Twitter Sugar and say "what's the point of the Apprentice show if you hire both finalists?"

Love to see him try to answer that. :D The whole show is a con but we still watch it! It's hard to respect Sugar when we know he's just faking his concern and doubt over which one to hire. Perhaps a career in acting beckons, Al? :p
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I don't think Chris will be working for Sugar.

Also, it was obvious the hardest decision he has ever made on The Apprentice was when choosing between Kate and Yasmina, he emphasised that in every interview and i'm sure he at one point said he wanted to hire both but obviously couldn't.
    What he said to Chris on the You're Hired show was what he said to Kate last year, i.e. she has all my contact details and that he would be there for her etc etc..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    He won't last long - I agre with the interviewer who said he has the hallmarks of a quitter.

He'll get bored/frustrated and then just quit
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    As i understand it, Lord Sugar is perfectly entitled to hire, anyone who's been a contestant on The Apprentice, outside of The Apprentice, if he likes the candidate.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    As i understand it, Lord Sugar is perfectly entitled to hire, anyone who's been a contestant on The Apprentice, outside of The Apprentice, if he likes the candidate.

I don't think he'll be hiring Stuart Baggs "The Brand", then :D:D:D
  • GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »
    He won't last long - I agre with the interviewer who said he has the hallmarks of a quitter.

He'll get bored/frustrated and then just quit

Quickness to bore is usually a sign of superior intelligence which is something that none of the interviewers or panel were in disagreement with when it came to Chris.

All someone like that needs is a challenge.
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    I don't see what the problem is. If he/his companies can afford it, it's up to him.
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quickness to bore is usually a sign of superior intelligence which is something that none of the interviewers or panel were in disagreement with when it came to Chris.

All someone like that needs is a challenge.
    Well he's going to get more than his work cut out if he's going to be working alongside Stella, who I suppose will be his direct boss..Viglen's profit margins have been seriously eroding over the years, although their sales have been doing ok, and she's been hired to basically reverse that trend. Sounds like a pretty responsible role. Chris is not going to have time to be bored.
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Duplicate post
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was pretty obvious this was going to happen. Chris can earn much more in banking though....
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Yes - he gets the salary of the winner paid by the production company for 12 months as I understand it. If he wants to hire anyone else he just has to have another role that justifies it!

BTW Is the winners actual salary £100k? In many jobs a "job worth £100k" would have a salary of, perhaps, £70k - as the employers pension costs, NI etc. would bring the package up to the quoted figure.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's totally entitled to hire anyone he wants. I recall in Kristina's year, there were rumours she was offered a better, higher paid job than Simon, but turned it down and went for something else.

It's surely no different than Simon Cowell signing up the runner-up on The X Factor. If Sugar thinks someone's worth hiring, then he's entirely entitled to hire them.
  • jencojenco Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    What happened to the salary after a year then? Maybe LS puts it down once he's paying which is why folk don't last long.
  • chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yep, lets be honest hearanyone with half of sense would take Chris, he's bright, young and above all else has integrity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    m06een00 wrote: »
    Despite Stella English winning the Apprentice, it seems that Chris has now been offered a job quietly behind the scenes to work alongside Stella in her new role at Viglen. This hasn't been reporrted elsewhere but presumably this is a reliable source.

That source appears to be the only one saying it. Hope they aren't getting confused with the pre-final decision working for Sugar period the finalists always do. The article does make a number of other factual and silly errors btw. In fact if you check the source they quote, it says nothing of the sort. :rolleyes:

http://www.microscope.co.uk/news/reseller-news/apprentice-winner-english-to-manage-viglen-managed-services/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Sugar didn't say he was offering him a job.

Anyone want to Twitter Sugar and say "what's the point of the Apprentice show if you hire both finalists?"

Love to see him try to answer that. :D The whole show is a con but we still watch it! It's hard to respect Sugar when we know he's just faking his concern and doubt over which one to hire. Perhaps a career in acting beckons, Al? :p

Well, if you do twitter/tweet Sugar I doubt you'll get a sensible reply, his tweets read as those from a 12 year old at the moment, sniping at Piers Morgan. In fact anyone would think they could have been written by Stuart Baggs.

On the subject of Stella, I'm a bit disappointed in the role she appears to have been given (according to her interview on BBC Breakfast). I believe the MD of Viglen labelled her an 'admin queen' during the interview process. It would seem that she's been given a PM role but one which focuses on the 'admin' rather than anything creative. If Sugar has also offered Chris a role (and it happens to be in Viglen) I hope he's offered them fairly and not given the sexy creative front office stuff to Chris and the back office dull processing to Stella. That wouldn't be PC in my book.

Can't understand why either of them would want to work there anyway though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubbish source, they wouldn't be the only one to pick up on it so why are they the only ones reporting it? wouldn't believe it myself.
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tercet2 wrote: »
    That source appears to be the only one saying it. Hope they aren't getting confused with the pre-final decision working for Sugar period the finalists always do. The article does make a number of other factual and silly errors btw. In fact if you check the source they quote, it says nothing of the sort. :rolleyes:

http://www.microscope.co.uk/news/reseller-news/apprentice-winner-english-to-manage-viglen-managed-services/
    You might well be right, but I did put a question mark in the header as I wasn't totally convinced by it either