Gotham - Batman prequel tv show (US pace)

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very surprised that Ch5 have got this, very surprised indeed. They must clearly have put in a bold bid for the rights. Having said that they treat their US imports appallingly and always have done. The only ones they seem to show respect to is the CSI franchise and The Mentalist.

I do wonder how close to the US airdate they'll show Gotham over here. Definetely going to watch it, but jesus Channel 5 are shite!
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Don't Channel 5 show CSI nearly a year after its been shown in the US though?

Unfortunatly I can see people getting Gotham from other sources and that will effect the ratings so Channel 5 will properly end up getting rid of it after one season because of poor ratings!
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Don't Channel 5 show CSI nearly a year after its been shown in the US though?

Unfortunatly I can see people getting Gotham from other sources and that will effect the ratings so Channel 5 will properly end up getting rid of it after one season because of poor ratings!

Over a year behind on Person of Interest too. Couldn't have gone to a worse channel! :confused:
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully C5 will treat it like they do with The Mentalist.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Hopefully C5 will treat it like they do with The Mentalist.

If they've paid a lot of money for it, as you'd expect for such a high profile show, you'd hope that would be the case.

Maybe C5 only have one slot for a "current" US shows and the rest get shown basically whenever they can be bothered. With The Mentalist finished, they could certainly show Gotham close to the US airdates.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    I want to say it is good that the show is being shown in the UK. But with Five's track record, many people will get fed up with the inevitable wait and get the show from other sources instead.

Refusing to give an airdate will guarantee that happens (they`re now showing The Walking Dead season 4 after previously saying they wouldn`t be ensuring most will have downloaded it by now). Channel is run by idiots.

When do Viacom take over?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    It will be aired close to US transmission according to Broadcast.

Great buy potentially for Five. Every broadcaster apart from the BBC expressed an interest.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    If they've paid a lot of money for it, as you'd expect for such a high profile show, you'd hope that would be the case.

Maybe C5 only have one slot for a "current" US shows and the rest get shown basically whenever they can be bothered. With The Mentalist finished, they could certainly show Gotham close to the US airdates.

The Mentalist isn't finished.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    The Mentalist isn't finished.

Yes of course, I completely forgot it had been renewed .. doh!
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they outbid Sky??

Let's hope they show it a bit more reverence than they do with Person of Interest.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Five - not keen on them getting it. I hope they treat it well but given their treatment of previous US imports, I don't see it happening.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe they outbid Sky??

Let's hope they show it a bit more reverence than they do with Person of Interest.

Isn't channel 5 under new ownership now? I'm sure i read Viacom have bought it.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised by five getting it.
    Forum Member
    Yes, Viacom bought five a few months back.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit surprised 5 got this. It does say air date in the US 22nd sept and on 5 shortly after which is good. Still not sure how gotham will do long term though.
  • GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Apparently paying £500,000 per episode after beating off serious competition from C4 & Sky.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're gonna stick it on the main 5 channel rather than 5USA, right ?!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    They're gonna stick it on the main 5 channel rather than 5USA, right ?!

You would think that right? It's the most logical choice but hey lets say Ch5 thinks it's not getting the ratings they 'think' it should be getting and 4 episodes later dump it on 5USA! Would anyone really be surprised?

Imagine Ch4 dumping Homeland on More4 after a few episodes? They would never do it.

Ch5 is run by idiots and they should be firing people left, right and centre.
    Forum Member
    I want to believe that Channel 5 will air Gotham close to the US air date however I won't believe it untill Channel 5 confirm when they will start showing it.Channel 5 have build up this reputation because of their previous treatment of US shows.I just hope they prove me wrong with their treatment of Gotham!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How soon into the pilot will they show Bruce's shadow forming a batman shape on a wall.
    Also do we think the series is going to be peppered with bat symbols, like, EVERYWHERE.
    And is MacDonalds bringing out a McBat burger ? :)
    Forum Member
    It maybe that Channel 5 wait untill they finish showing the current season of CSI and then replace it with Gotham which would mean that Gotham would start on Channel 5 around the end of October!
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the DS article, if you'd said late September you would be a lot closer.
    Forum Member
    The DS article says shortly afterwards and does not say late September maybe you are confusing the US air date with the UK air date!
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought they would go for at least a 2 week gap between US air date and UK, similar to what Sky did with Arrow to try and avoid the first couple of breaks in the series before the xmas break.
    Forum Member
    Maybe early October if we're lucky then.