Do Women Always know When a Man, like me, is eyeing up their bodies ?

2»

Comments

• pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes women usually know, but that's because men in general aren't very subtle in their ogling. In fact they are so unsubtle that other men can spot someone eyeing up their girlfriends from a mile away.

Women are able to do their ogling with a bit more restraint in general..but this matters not a jot, because even if you give a bloke you are not attracted too a friendly smile in passing, he will think that he's pulled....their inflated egos often interfere with their ability to make rational conclusions based on actual evidence.

Women should be more aware of these cognitive deficits and should help men out a bit more with their confusion about such matters.

I suggest that if a woman does actually find a bloke attractive, they should take a leaf out of men's book and try to avoid being accused of sending mixed messages by staring at the man's groin area whilst counting to 20 in their head and making little grunty noises as they do so. Should the man have a girlfriend in tow as you do this, do not worry, do not stop, just continue this behaviour until you get a slap then move away, happy in the knowledge that your message has been received by the man clearly and without misunderstanding. They will be grateful for your help :)
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you bi-sexual?

Yes I am
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a very close friend who is utterly gorgeous who says she never knows when men clock her, yet inexplicably reckons she is able to tell when I`m clocking other women (or when she thinks I do, for I never do of course...)
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me that you can't even have a sensible conversation with a pleasant young lady without someone thinking I want to get inside her knickers!

I remember telling a colleague after seeing him dribble at the thought of getting inside another colleagues knickers that "the only way he would get inside her knickers was to riffle her knicker drawer", he wasnt amused
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try not to dribble if trying to not get caught.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Think some women do as they sometimes turn around if they think that I am checking out their arses. :

However the strange thing is that I seem to get more smiles off women & women approach me that I have never met before, since I have been in a relationship, than I ever did as a single person. Do people attached let off some form of scent. :confused:

One (male or female) should always check behind them (turn around) from time to time, especially at night, as a security precaution. That's common sense, in case somebody might be thinking of jumping (mugging) you from behind.

Whether you are checking out anybody's arses is immaterial. It's probably just co-incidence.

Bottom line, is that we've all got eyes and we will look. Just be a bit discrete about it, if you are eyeing somebody up.

ETA. I think some people get a bit paranoid about others looking at them. You can't be arrested for just looking at someone.
  • ThatGuy11200ThatGuy11200 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pope_tart wrote: »
    Yes women usually know, but that's because men in general aren't very subtle in their ogling. In fact they are so unsubtle that other men can spot someone eyeing up their girlfriends from a mile away.

Women are able to do their ogling with a bit more restraint in general..but this matters not a jot, because even if you give a bloke you are not attracted too a friendly smile in passing, he will think that he's pulled....their inflated egos often interfere with their ability to make rational conclusions based on actual evidence.

Women should be more aware of these cognitive deficits and should help men out a bit more with their confusion about such matters.

I suggest that if a woman does actually find a bloke attractive, they should take a leaf out of men's book and try to avoid being accused of sending mixed messages by staring at the man's groin area whilst counting to 20 in their head and making little grunty noises as they do so. Should the man have a girlfriend in tow as you do this, do not worry, do not stop, just continue this behaviour until you get a slap then move away, happy in the knowledge that your message has been received by the man clearly and without misunderstanding. They will be grateful for your help :)

You seem to say that as a joke, but I do often catch women on the Tube checking out my crotch. Curiously, it's usually the ones with a big shiny ring on their ring finger. :o
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not me. I attack from the sun, with my 9 millimetres.
  • SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a man, I like to look at pretty girls. Nothing sexual, for me its just like looking at beautiful scenery or a pretty garden. I appreciate it when someone has tried hard to look lovely - I know its not always easy, girls - and I try just to be complimentary if I can.

Having said that, Im always surprised when girls think it's ogling. I get a little peeved by that - if you dont want attention, say so. I would prefer that, and I would rather apologise than be talked about as some sort of pervert. Sure I have a decent sex drive, but for me its as much about personality as about looks. Sometimes a girl can look really fabulous, but when she opens her mouth it can really be a massive turn off.
    Forum Member
    pope_tart wrote: »

I hope that is a joke post.

Men don't own the exclusive rights when it comes to being unsubtle with the opposite sex.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I think good looking people always think people are oggling them. If i look up because i see someone coming down a corridor, if they are the same sex or not young and good looking they probably think nothing more of it but if they are young and good looking they probably think i am checking them out. I went to sit down next to someone outside the other day and she looked familiar like i'd met her before im sure she thought i was checking her out but of course i was just looking to try to figure out if i was supposed to recognise her. If you think people are going to be oggling you, everyone who looks in your direction is probably oggling you
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,421
    Forum Member
    There is definitely a sixth sense. I don't know about other guys but for me it usually plays out in one of the following ways:

1. That looks like so-and-so.. oh wait, no it's not. Damn now she thinks I'm staring at her.

2. "Hey s2k check out the blonde at your 6." *casually glance and she is immediately aware that I am looking before I even see her, despite 3 others apparently being able to pull it off without her noticing*.

3. Oh wow she's actually pretty attractive (not in a pervy way). Damn she's noticed and looks pissed.

4. This one always boggles my mind. I'll be driving and notice someone walking along the pavement, possibly thinking point 1, and they will then turn around and look straight back. :o

5. Speaking to an attractive woman with a low-cut top/large breasts but don't want to weird her out by making too much eye contact or appear rude/disinterested either. Literally no way to win.

6. Having a glance to looking at something unrelated but be mistaken for staring -eg. TV in the background or just wondering who walked through the door.
  • edward_mckenzieedward_mckenzie Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Yes I am

do you have to satiate your bi-sexuality when in a relationship? or do you remain monogamous and just flit from one side to the other in your relationships? How does it work?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but reading it did give me a good laugh actually and reminded me about the one and only time i think i was 'checked out'. Was in a record shop on my lunch hour many decades ago and i noticed a young woman on the aisle opposite looking at me.

she walked to the edge of the aisle and round in to the aisle i was in, took one look at what was basically the rest of me from the shoulders down and turned on her heels and very rapidly left the shop :)

Still gives me a giggle to this day.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Yes I am

Are you? :o

You never mention it :D
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Sometimes you want them to notice you admiring them or taking a second glance.
    I love it when you're walking down a street, and you see someone that you instantly "like" and you have a sneaking suspicion that just maybe he "likes" you back.....then you pass each other, nothing gets said, but it all feels very exciting and then on a count of three, you very discreetly look over your shoulder and he does the same thing!

And you both catch each other out looking at each other.............

It might just be me, but by god that is so sexy. :cool:

Although it doesn't happen that often, as I'm quite shy, and normally would cringe if I know that someone has noticed me looking at them :blush:
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we do. If I catch a fella doing it to me, usually they look away when caught, if not, I give them my 'you look a right creep look' until they remember some manners and stop looking.
    Forum Member
    fleabee wrote: »
    Yes we do. If I catch a fella doing it to me, usually they look away when caught, if not, I give them my 'you look a right creep look' until they remember some manners and stop looking.
    But what if they don't look like a "right creep" what if they're good looking? ;-)

And what have manners got to do with it, unless they're scowling and making faces at you! :D
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    But what if they don't look like a "right creep" what if they're good looking? ;-)

And what have manners got to do with it, unless they're scowling and making faces at you! :D

I'm not an object. They can keep their eyes to themselves.
    Forum Member
    If you don't mind me saying so, you're being very over sensitive about this. What is wrong with a man looking at a woman or a woman looking at a man.

Don't we all look at each other?

And how would anyone ever get together if we all couldn't look at one another?
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a man, I like to look at pretty girls. Nothing sexual, for me its just like looking at beautiful scenery or a pretty garden.

Except she's a human being ;)
    Having said that, Im always surprised when girls think it's ogling.

A quick look of 'oh she's nice looking' appreciation is fine. Repeatedly staring at a girl you don't know comes across as creep, disrespectful or desperate. Some blokes clearly don't know where the line is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about women who turn round to see if you are looking at them ?

For every hairy-lipped feminist who deplores the habit there are some woman who don't mind being noticed, in a nice way.
    Forum Member

You are essentially saying people shouldn't look at each other for whatever reason. That is never going to happen realistically. You can't stop people looking at you, unless you gouge their eyes out. If somebody eyes you up, don't worry about it, unless they are being aggressive, staring you out etc. and take it as a compliment. Besides, eye contact is a very important form of communication in day to day life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonverbal_communication#Eye_contact
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    They do seem to extra have wide vision or something, if I am looking at them side on.

I can get away with looking at their bottoms most of the time though.

Stop doing THIS and it might help.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally if i see a nice looking woman i'll have a quick look and carry on, but there are certainly some who demand attention such as one woman pushing a pram up a small but very steep slope with just a belt and some black panties that just about did enough to keep it legal, neither me or the mrs could quite believe what we saw and from where we were in relation to her there was no way NOT to see everything.