Peter James

19711971 Posts: 1,661
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I started reading Dead Simple and couldn't put it down - it was fab, finished it in 4 days (I was on holidays so I did have time!)

Just started on the next Roy Grace one 'Looking Good Dead'
and again I cannot put it down...

They are really good books, just thought I would share that with you all!

Comments

• WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Read both Dead Simple and Looking Good Dead - excellent plots, but I find the actual writing style is clichéd and dull.

Every good looking person is 'drop dead gorgeous' in the world of 'tortured' DCI Grace, and every villain thoroughly black with no shades of grey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying the Roy Grace series, I haven't read any of his other books though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    He has a new book out this Summer 12th June 2008 :)

you can get his Newsletter on email

http://www.peterjames.com/newsletter.htm

The fourth novel: in the Roy Grace crime series
    is..
    Dead Man's Footsteps
    Abby stepped in the lift and the doors closed with a sound like a shovel smoothing gravel. She breathed in the smell of someone else's perfume, and lemon-scented cleaning fluid. The lift jerked upwards a few inches. And now, too late to change her mind and get out, with the metal walls pressing in around her, they lunged sharply downwards. Abby was about to realize she had just made the worst mistake of her life ..."

Amid the tragic unfolding mayhem of the morning of 911, failed Brighton never-do-well Ronnie Wilson sees the chance of a lifetime, to disappear and reinvent himself in another country. Five years later the discovery of the skeletal remains of a woman's body in a storm drain in Brighton, leads Detective Superintendent Roy Grace on an enquiry spanning the globe, and into a desperate race against time to save the life of a woman being hunted down like an animal in the streets and alleys of Brighton.

jo x
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I'm reading Dead Simple at the moment and enjoying it very much! Peter James is a very talented writer. I'll be ordering the rest of the series the way it's going! Four more books to look forward to!!