Options

Janine Butcher V'S Tracy Barlow

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who's the more convincing 'villain' in soapland?

Comments

• Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine. Because Charlie Brooks can act. :)
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Janine obviously.
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracy

Janine was good from 1999 until 2004 but now she just bores me
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine. I don't like the ridiculous storyline with her and Ryan trying to kill each other but generally she's a better character played by a good actress. Tracey seems very one dimensional.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine
  • Options
    Color of NightColor of Night Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine, especially when she does that crook with her neck when she is mad.
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine because Charlie Brooks can act. Kate Ford cannot act for toffee so Tracy just comes across lame. Plus we've seen Janine's development from an early age and know why she is the way she is and what her motivation is. Tracy is just a bitch without reason.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I find TracyLuv quite funny, but its got to be Janine!
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine can do awful things and you still like her. Tracy just seems to piss people off.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One word-Janine
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine

Charlie Brooks can act.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine most definitely. As much as I can loathe the character, I'm also able to like her on occasion. I felt sorry for her when she discovered Lily was Ryan's baby.

The sooner Tracy Barlow is written out the better. She has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. All villains need to have a little compassion in them, Tracy has none.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Janine. I used to like Tracy, but this time she's coming across like a spiteful little kid and it's more annoying than watchable.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    Janine. Because Charlie Brooks can act. :)

If a little panto-y.
  • Options
    Fozzie1988Fozzie1988 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    janine by a mile and it helps when charlie brooks is the better actress my mom keeps on saying how she hates janine but I just go well if you hate her then the actress is doing her job well

I don't see tracey as a true villain all she did is kill someone and try and frame gail while janine has killed her first husband, tried to marry a old rich jewish man to get his fortune, run over staceys and ronnies daughter, nearly killed ryan and also tried to frame stacey for stabbing her that speaks for itself who is the better Villain
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine, not only because Charlie Brooks can actually act but because EE have at least tried to explain why she is the way she is.

Like Janine wouldn't wake up one day & decide to murder her casual boyfriend for no good reason.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine - I dislike the character but Charlie Brooks plays her well.

Can't stand Tracey and don't rate Kate Ford. Tracey coming back has added nothing to Corrie for me.
  • Options
    Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracy , she would go out her way to cause misery
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fozzie1988 wrote: »
    janine by a mile and it helps when charlie brooks is the better actress my mom keeps on saying how she hates janine but I just go well if you hate her then the actress is doing her job well

I don't see tracey as a true villain all she did is kill someone and try and frame gail while janine has killed her first husband, tried to marry a old rich jewish man to get his fortune, run over staceys and ronnies daughter, nearly killed ryan and also tried to frame stacey for stabbing her that speaks for itself who is the better Villain

And I still really like her:o She's my favourate character in
    Eastenders
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Janine, I love her. She's my favourite soap villian after Kim Tate. She's awesome, no matter what evil things she does I still enjoy watching her.

Tracey is amusing her insults are so forced and contrived. She's also incredibly dumb and obvious which is not a good quality in a villian.
  • Options
    GrianneGrianne Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    All these people who talk about good actors, anyone who any good doesn't stay in soaps for long.

There is a reason real actors are embarassed to be asoociated.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    There's really no contest.
  • Options
    Fozzie1988Fozzie1988 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    tiggy145 wrote: »
    And I still really like her:o She's my favourate character in
    Eastenders

oh I agree no matter what she has done I will always like janine she is one of my favourite characters for some years and she has been fantastic these past couple of months
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janine everyday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine. Not only is the actress better (not an insult to Kate, because Charlie is a brilliant actress so it's not to say that Kate isn't good at all), but so is the character. I enjoy watching Tracey as a bitch and the mayhem she causes, but she's not a convincing villain. For Janine there are reasons why she is the way she is, why she is so selfish, why she is so desperate and why she is so superficial most of the time. With Tracey there isn't a real explanation or apparent reason for her behaviour, she's just simply a bitch for no reason and any writer or anyone at all could imagine a character like her, and any actor could portray her.

I see Janine as a great character, but Tracey as a simple (but effective) plot device for whenever they feel like 'spicing things up' on Corrie.