Cheryl Cole -Woman of the Year...WTF...

Comments

• FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Cazk29 wrote: »

I see no mention of her being left in a pool of blood.....
  • DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say I thought she deserved to win, I just like it when people get annoyed by things like this...its kinda funny. There are more deserving people but looking at all the winners from that ceremony there are much better winners that I could have thought of. For example the TV Actress award I wouldn't have given to Billie Piper, but that's my opinion.

Also, I think she's dealt with the cheating and her oncoming divorce really well, she just gets on with things unlike people in the past AKA Heather Mills. Also she's moderately talented and is a good role model e.g you don't see her falling out of clubs every single night and she's inspirational in the way she's made something for herself and has tried from a young age. There are far worse people out there tbh.

Who would you have given ''Woman of the Year'' to then?

if you read back youll see ive stated already i would have given it to a woman called Karen who helps build accomodation for parents with children in hospices so they dont have 4hrs travelling a day...

but whats that compared to the nations sweetheart:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Fringo wrote: »
    I see no mention of her being left in a pool of blood.....

That's true, it doesn't.

Thought the post was saying the whole assault incident was a myth.
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeeLush wrote: »
    if you read back youll see ive stated already i would have given it to a woman called Karen who helps build accomodation for parents with children in hospices so they dont have 4hrs travelling a day...

but whats that compared to the nations sweetheart:rolleyes:

Is she a celebrity though? It was an award show for celebrities not any old tom dick and harry.....:rolleyes:
  • DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she a celebrity though? It was an award show for celebrities not any old tom dick and harry.....:rolleyes:

lol no it isnt ! readers are invited to suggest who they would like to win this award and why, it can be anyone, i'd also have liked to see the group of wives who have raised 1million after the death of their husbands in afghanistan for help for heros get some kind of acolade as being women of the year to aspire too..

not a former girl band member, previously charged with assualt who used to in her GA days be a right stroppy madam in all interviews filmed and print, get the award for being pretty basically...
  • Pooh-SticksPooh-Sticks Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    stairway wrote: »
    I can't believe this, Biffa,woman of the year,
    What is the country coming too.

Why? What's she achieved? apart from looking good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    lol no it isnt ! readers are invited to suggest who they would like to win this award and why, it can be anyone, i'd also have liked to see the group of wives who have raised 1million after the death of their husbands in afghanistan for help for heros get some kind of acolade as being women of the year to aspire too..

not a former girl band member, previously charged with assualt who used to in her GA days be a right stroppy madam in all interviews filmed and print, get the award for being pretty basically...

Hear, hear
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Me too. Congrats, darling! x

Darling? - pass me a sick bag! Get a life people and stop worshipping vacuous, waste of space celebrities.

What exactly is she good at, apart from looking pretty and getting over a failed marriage? There are so many more talented women in this world, writers, directors, 'proper' musicians, artists, people with REAL talent. Strip away Cole's army of top music producers and stylists and what are you left with?
  • bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JESUS EFFING CHRIST!

They must have meant OVERRATED woman of the year.
    Forum Member
    dgjbear wrote: »
    I guess the other nominees were Jordan and Kerry Katona...

Yes, Katie Price deserves a special accolade all her own for being the very epitome of selflessness and modesty.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. Congrats, darling! x

:rolleyes: out of curiosity are you still at school by any chance??( by all means like Cheryl Cole but "congrats darling" for doing what to win this award i need some light shedding on it please or is it because she is "fit"??)
    Forum Member
    dbob wrote: »
    Darling? - pass me a sick bag! Get a life people and stop worshipping vacuous, waste of space celebrities.

What exactly is she good at, apart from looking pretty and getting over a failed marriage? There are so many more talented women in this world, writers, directors, 'proper' musicians, artists, people with REAL talent. Strip away Cole's army of top music producers and stylists and what are you left with?

http://*************.com/anti-chavs-rock/chav.jpg
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, this is desperate.

If it hadn't been for La Cole's estranged spouse putting it about with glamma model types who achieved the seemingly impossible by making Biffa look classy, then the so-called Nation's Sweetheart would still be looked upon as little more than a vocally-challenged girl band member with a nasty temper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    must be a little known sub-category ( talentless belligerent overstyled chavs)
  • willow32willow32 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worpler wrote: »
    ell-oh-fuken-ell:p

everyone luvs a cheated on wife with a record for ABH - in other news Katie Price will teach deportment at Cheltenham Ladie's College......:rolleyes:

Thankyou for making me laugh :D
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    OH DEAR GOD.

Lets ignore the women raising millions for HELP FOR HEROS or the cancer runners who raised over 22 million for research this year, or the organisers putting homes together building them with their own bare hands to supply overnight accomodation for parents whose kids are in hospices and have to travel 2hrs each way morning and night everyday to see them, and give it to some chavy cowbag who is still the spoilt little madam she always was underneath the glossy exterior and why? oh i know shes pretty and got cheated on:rolleyes:

100% spot on!!!
    Congratulations Cheryl ;)
    I love when things like this get on the haters nerves ahahah

shame her husband didn't agree with the pollsters!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHAT - woman of the year!!!!!!! based on what criteria - having a team of stylists to dress her, having simon cowell pulling the strings for her career and smiling. thats a disgrace that woman has done nothing worthy of an award like that. now people like eddie izzarrd deserve awards like that ...not the cheryl coles of the world...... some times i just dispair at what the nation puts a value on
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you vote for this influential woman then?
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do love how angry some seem to get over such a pointless thing. It's a meaningless award given out to a celebrity by a glossy celebrity magazine. The idea it's some kind of serious award is quite laughable.

This time next year no one will remember it and we'll all be complaining about how some other pretty celebrity won, just like we were complaining about Kristen Stewart winning it last year.

God knows what some people on here will do if she win's the Elle award for Woman Of The Year too! (Unlikely mind, given she's won the this one)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, the ego of the medias princess continues to grow day by day all credit goes to the media and her PR :rolleyes::D

Celebrity wise I would have picked Sandra Bullock for the award because she is talented, funny, beautiful, doesn't take herself seriously and handled her divorce very well, kept herself out of the media during that time unlike someone *cough* *cough* lol :D ....

In general I agree with the OPs women fighting for our country in Afghanistan and risking their lives at the same time deserve it....Also, women in general who dedicate themselves to selfless causes and humanitarian efforts they deserve it too.....xo
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if Biffa actually believes she has talent and is someone, or whether she thanks god for making big bucks with next to zero talent???
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweedy is no different than when Jennifer Aniston won all these woman of the year awards around the time she got dumped by Brad Pitt. And I'm sure Sandra Bullock will win all of the awards THIS year. People like a good scandal and seeing as these women all had cheating husbands but continue to do whatever it is that they do...I guess people feel like they deserve an award although I would whole heartedly nominate Sandra for any woman the year award because she does a lot for charity. ALOT. And gives away ALOT of money that she doesn't have to do. And of course she adopted a cute little baby...how could she not win? lol. But Cheryl?? When I see Cheryl set up some sort of charity and doing things for others instead of herself or in the promotion of herself, I'd probably have some respect for her but now...no way.
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any excuse to get yourselves wound up about Cheryl Cole!

Nobody cares about Glamour Magazine's woman of the year award. It's not an award worth having.

But perhaps Cheryl Cole won because Glamour Magazine is about celebs who are considered glamerous and the people who voted for her think she's the most glamourous woman?

The toilet attendant incident didn't happen in the last year, and I assume the award is a reflection of the twelve months before it is awarded, and not the entire lives of the nominees.
    Forum Member
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Any excuse to get yourselves wound up about Cheryl Cole!

Nobody cares about Glamour Magazine's woman of the year award. It's not an award worth having.

But perhaps Cheryl Cole won because Glamour Magazine is about celebs who are considered glamerous and the people who voted for her think she's the most glamourous woman?

The toilet attendant incident didn't happen in the last year, and I assume the award is a reflection of the twelve months before it is awarded, and not the entire lives of the nominees.

but we like a Biffa-bish, she is talentless dull dim yobbish chav.....:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    She's no doubt a nice, attractive girl who does her bit for charity, lives in the public eye etc. But, hey, woman of the year. I really do believe the world must have gone mad!