✭✭✭
    Timboy , cluck cluck,cluck

:confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    I don't think Blackpool's as orderly as it once was - I remember Taylor getting abused and whistled at throughout a semi against Terry Jenkins not so long ago - and of course at Bolton somebody actually ran up from the crowd onto the main stage during either a semi or the final.

I can't remember either of those. Certainly Taylor can't have complained after the match or I'd have remembered such a rare occurance, or he ended up winning anyway.

Don't remember the UK Open thing either, what year did that happen, who was playing?
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MegaWhat? wrote: »
    I can't remember either of those. Certainly Taylor can't have complained after the match or I'd have remembered such a rare occurance, or he ended up winning anyway.

Don't remember the UK Open thing either, what year did that happen, who was playing?

I remember the fan on the stage at Bolton.And they abused the hell out of Nicholson.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

When was the last time u had a bet?
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember either of those. Certainly Taylor can't have complained after the match, or he ended up winning anyway.

No, Taylor actually lost that match in 2007 - Jenkins went on to lose to James Wade in the final - and I vividly remember in the post match interview Taylor said he hoped the guy who whistled throughout was taken out and given "a bloody good hiding". :D

The guy running onto stage I think happened in the 2009 semi between Baxter and Taylor at the end of a very long session.
    tso wrote: »
    I remember the fan on the stage at Bolton.And they abused the hell out of Nicholson.

Nicholson was playing a local qualifier called Ken Mather on a side board with all Mather's supporters around; he was well justified in giving them a load back at the end of the match and the DRA fined him for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Taylor actually lost that match in 2007 - Jenkins went on to lose to James Wade in the final - and I vividly remember in the post match interview Taylor said he hoped the guy who whistled throughout was taken out and given "a bloody good hiding". :D

The guy running onto stage I think happened in the 2009 semi between Baxter and Taylor at the end of a very long session.

Nicholson was playing a local qualifier called Ken Mather on a side board with all Mather's supporters around; he was well justified in giving them a load back at the end of the match and the DRA fined him for it.

I was thinking of the one when he was on the main stage and he started giving it too them back too.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was the last time u had a bet?

What's that got to do with anything? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-0 to Newton:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I probably didn't watch either of those games, although I did watch the Wade V Jenkins final. I seem to remember Sky showing a lot of Wade's family up in a gallery & Wade's girlfriend in the days prior to a Miss Chamberlain.

With some certainty I can say I didn't watch the 2009 UK Open Taylor V Baxter semi. I consider such matchups to be a waste of my time, ending as they usually do 150-0 legs to Taylor.
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been plenty of talk about Taylor getting a cake walk to the quarters can't exactly say Newtons had the toughest run either! The guys he's been playing have left there best game in the match before! Dolan took POD out and Suljovic had his final the other night beating Wade.

Not his fault though and guess he's been due some luck he always seemed to draw Taylor back in the day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newton cruising 3-0 now
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe 2345 would have been a better guesstimate for the finishing time tonight!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With some certainty I can say I didn't watch the 2009 UK Open Taylor V Baxter semi. I consider such matchups to be a waste of my time, ending as they usually do 150-0 legs to Taylor.

You've just described the reason I took a sabbatical from following darts for virtually the whole of 2010.

Incidentally, let me give you your dues for being absolutely right about Simon Whitlock not being on form enough to do anything in this championship.

Newton wins 4-0; didn't really watch the match, but it looked like a very comfortable victory and as I said earlier, I'm not too displeased that the Suljovic quirky train has been derailed.

What a remarkable day of darts it's been; two sublime performances to begin with - including the third best WC performance ever, a big favourite dropping out, and a crowd favourite coming back from near elimination to book himself a quarter final spot.

Not even the crowd could spoil that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newton wins 4-0...

Really looking forward to the QF:D
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi...

a question for you all will the real Barney turn up against Anderson i hope he does what do you think ? We have seen patches of the real Barney at times.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Newton wins 4-0...

Really looking forward to the QF:D
    Me to , Lewis an Van blink an you'll miss it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jp761 wrote: »
    Hi...

a question for you all will the real Barney turn up against Anderson i hope he does what do you think ? We have seen patches of the real Barney at times.

He has too if Anderson turns up.Could come down to who can hit the doubles quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's it for darts in 2010, but darts in 2011 will surely get off to a huge bang with these quarter finals:

Saturday January 1 2011
    2.10pm Wes Newton v Terry Jenkins
    3.30pm Adrian Lewis v Vincent van der Voort

7.40pm Gary Anderson v Raymond van Barneveld
    9.00pm Phil Taylor v Mark Webster

Newton v Jenkins looks slightly dull on paper, but the other three look absolutely spellbinding.

By the way, if you want an illustration as to how far the quality of the PDC field has come in a relatively short space of time have a look at the different fields of quarter finals in recent years:

2011: Taylor, Webster, Lewis, van der Voort, Newton, T Jenkins, G Anderson, van Barneveld

2009: Taylor, Stompe, King, Bates, van Barneveld, Klaasen, Nicholson, Wade

2007: van Barneveld, Tabern, A Jenkins, Osborne, Hamilton, T Jenkins, Webster, Taylor

2005: Lloyd, Mardle, Ovens, Dudbridge, Hamilton, B Anderson, Painter, Taylor

2003: Taylor, Smith, Scholten, Warriner, Painter, Burnett, Mason, Part

2001: Harvey, Askew, Deller, Taylor, Scholten, Harrington, Part, Warriner

(That 2001 championship, as it happens, featured such darting luminaries as Steve Raw, Mick Manning, Les Fitton, Nigel Justice, Shayne Burgess, Peter Evison and Reg Harding. :D )

Funny how times change, isn't it?

Anyway, let me wish you all a very happy new year and look forward to rejoining you all on January 1st. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, let me give you your dues for being absolutely right about Simon Whitlock not being on form enough to do anything in this championship.

He never really had any blistering starts during this year's tourament. Last year when he did that it virtually guaranteed him a break of set in either the 1st or 2nd.

Having said that I put him down to beat VdV, just not that I seriously had him on the radar for winning the whole thing.

It's looking like a Taylor Anderson final to me all the way. Although Webster/Lewis/VdV are more capable of toppling Taylor than Barney/Jenkins/Newton are of Anderson going from the games so far.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    So that's it for darts in 2010, but darts in 2011 will surely get off to a huge bang with these quarter finals:

Saturday January 1 2011
    2.10pm Wes Newton v Terry Jenkins
    3.30pm Adrian Lewis v Vincent van der Voort

7.40pm Gary Anderson v Raymond van Barneveld
    9.00pm Phil Taylor v Mark Webster
    I may just be awake for that one.

Why are they having an afternoon session on New Year's Day. I'm at a house party all night.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

2003: Taylor, Smith, Scholten, Warriner, Painter, Burnett, Mason, Part
    Interesting year. Look at the names there that were looking for comebacks in this years championship.
    Warriner & Mason - Pundits
    Burnett, Scholten - Trying to make a comeback
    Painter, Part - on a downslide
    Taylor & Smith - Probably in the best form (well, Taylor was for 8 months of the year)
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Taylor & Smith - Probably in the best form (well, Taylor was for 8 months of the year)

Is he doing well outside the telly events then because I can't recall seeing him for ages?
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, it was Dennis Smith...Degsy might be thinking of the Pieman :)
  • Options
    AZ fanAZ fan Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiffy's throwing action never fails to make me laugh and start mocking it in front of the telly. Funny also seeing the name of Shayne Burgess - wasn't he the one who would flick his eyelid before letting go?
This discussion has been closed.