Miliband 49% and Cameron 34% in first full poll on Paxman 'debate'

BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
Forum Member
http://news.sky.com/story/1454690/labour-ahead-in-first-poll-since-tv-battle
Snap polls after the programme, in which the leaders also took questions from a studio audience, gave victory to Mr Cameron but the full poll conducted over the past two days found that, by a margin of 49% to 34%, those who watched it thought Mr Miliband came across best.

Poll is from tomorrow's Sunday Times and their editor also said YouGov asked who in Battle For Number 10 was most honest and clear in their answers. Ed got 49% while Cameron got 28%

These are the results of their overall opinion poll which closed Saturday evening like the TV debate one:

LAB 36%
CON 32%
UKIP 13%
LDEM 8%
GRNS 6%

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    http://news.sky.com/story/1454690/labour-ahead-in-first-poll-since-tv-battle

Poll is from tomorrow's Sunday Times and their editor also said YouGov asked who in Battle For Number 10 was most honest and clear in their answers. Ed got 49% while Cameron got 28%

These are the results of their overall opinion poll which closed Saturday evening like the TV debate one:

LAB 36%
    CON 32%
    UKIP 13%
    LDEM 8%
    GRNS 6%

Interesting. Shows why Cameron wasn't keen to do them.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,951
    Forum Member
    I'm quite glad to see that Ed has done better in the overall poll as the Twitterati seemed to have him ahead after the debate. I still think they were pretty even myself, but even that would be a major improvement for Ed after some of the utter shit he's had to take.

I'm really not sure about that 36% for Labour though; that would give them a majority, but I just don't get the feeling that they're at that level.
    I wonder if that result will scare some Tories away from voting UKIP?
  • iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guarantee there will be much angry shouting in no 10 tonight ! 39 days to save Cameron !
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only we already had a thread for the debate/polling. ;)
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guarantee there will be much angry shouting in no 10 tonight ! 39 days to save Cameron !

Would that be the same meeting the Labour party had last week?

Latest Opinium poll (18 - 19 Mar):
    CON - 36% (+3)
    LAB - 33% (-2)
    UKIP - 14% (-)
    LDEM - 7% (-)
    GRN - 6% (-1)

Or does a 3 point lead for the Conservatives not count?
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Looks like Kay Burleys poisonous bile was counterproductive:D
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only we already had a thread for the debate/polling. ;)

We do, but you know how people love to post poll figures when "their side" does well in them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done, ED.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Well done, ED.

What has he done?:confused:
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To late now though, all the news off the back of it was based on that one poll saying that Miliband had lost when that clearly wasn't the case.

Oh Sky loved sticking that as a headline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Changed the public's perception of him, notably, he comes over as more honest than Cmaeron.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Changed the public's perception of him, notably, he comes over as more honest than Cmaeron.

Did you say well done David when he was three points in the lead last week?
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Did you say well done David when he was three points in the lead last week?

Oh look, somebody is intentionally missing the point, fancy that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or does a 3 point lead for the Conservatives not count?

That was before the debate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »

You are missing the point that both parties are continously 3-4 points in the lead each week this poll is no different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battle For Number 10 was most honest and clear in their answers. Ed got 49% while Cameron got 28%

oomth, poleaxed.:D
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are missing the point that both parties are continously 3-4 points in the lead each week this poll is no different.

You've done it again, you're really very good at intentionally missing the point.

Goodnight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cameron has been hugely more popular than Miliband for a long while, and that popularity is factored in to polls.

I'd say a Miliband 49% to Cameron 34% results quite an achievment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Battle For Number 10 was most honest and clear in their answers. Ed got 49% while Cameron got 28%

oomth, poleaxed.:D

That would be nasty Tories who are so nasty that Labour was 3 points behind last week and are only 4 points ahead in this poll, if everyone hate the Tories so much why are Labour not double digits in the lead?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've done it again, you're really very good at intentionally missing the point.

Goodnight.

You can't see reality only what you want to.

Enjoy your sweet dreams over this poll.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if everyone hate the Tories so much why are Labour not double digits in the lead?

Labour have been in power for 3 terms, it's hard of anyone just to keep geting reelected, they're also battling against most the media in this country who push out little bar pro Tory bilge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Labour have been in power for 3 terms, they're also battling against most the media in this country who push out little bar pro Tory bilge.

The Tories were in for three terms and still won in 1992.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you think Cameron is doing well or badly as Prime Minister:

Well 46%
    Badly 48%

Do you think Ed Miliband is doing well or badly as Labour leader

Well 30%
    Badly 59%

Which of these would make the best Prime Minister

David Cameron 34%
    Ed Miliband 19%
    Nigel Farage 9%
    Nick Clegg 5%
    Don't Know 33%
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Labour have been in power for 3 terms, it's hard of anyone just to keep geting reelected, they're also battling against most the media in this country who push out little bar pro Tory bilge.
    As I said in the opinion polls thread, I would wait until you see another 4-5 opinion polls to be confident that the Labour Party are increasing there lead or getting more support, in case this one poll is a rogue poll.
    Ian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    As I said in the opinion polls thread, I would wait until you see another 4-5 opinion polls to be confident that the Labour Party are increasing there lead or getting more support, in case this one poll is a rogue poll.
    Ian.

I'm not talking about the general polls though, I'm talking about the debate poll.

It was clear to anyone that Miliband was the victor there.