Options

The Christmas Impressions Show (BBC1)

AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What utter drivel this is, the Geordie accents alone are absolutely appalling, the Ross Kemp skits weren't funny the first time nevermind the 50th

The writing is poor, the impressions are crap. Amazed how this series got recomissioned and got a special

Culshaw and Stephenson are starting to make Paul Burling look appealling

Comments

• Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Very negative thread. Can't you find anything positive to say about the programme? You are, after all, watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Very negative thread. Can't you find anything positive to say about the programme? You are, after all, watching it.

I'm giving it a go, isn't that positive enough

I take it back, the Fearne Cotton is the single worst impression I've ever heard in my life.

On a positive note, it's nearly finished
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the impression (pardon the pun) that the real problem with The Impressions Show (and Come Fly With Me) might be the fact they don't air on Sky1. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the impression (pardon the pun) that the real problem with The Impressions Show (and Come Fly With Me) might be the fact they don't air on Sky1. ;)

:confused:

Would that make them any better

It's a genuinely piss poor show.

The Cheryl Cole is borderline insulting!

And as for Come Fly With Me, it was panned by just about every decent critic...aside from Gary Bushell who loved it, nuff said
  • Options
    g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's a bag of shite!
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Defence for the sake of it.

The BBCs line-up of xmas programmes was poor, admit it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Total shite. I watched around 3 minutes of a sketch and had to turn it off.

My Labrador would be more convincing.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I'm giving it a go, isn't that positive enough

I take it back, the Fearne Cotton is the single worst impression I've ever heard in my life.

On a positive note, it's nearly finished

Most impressions are caricatures and not meant to be exact-obviously sending her up as a schoolchild is going to change the outcome-whether its a likeness or not I quite enjoy the idea.

Some of the impressions are excellent, Debra Stephenson does a fabulous Ann Robinson and Davina McCall. Alot of John Culshaws impressions -Simon Cowell, Alan Sugar, Dale Winton, Prince Charles etc are very good imo. The Ross Kemp carol singers were the only time this series I think that skit had appeared.

Anyway, looks like things are about to kick off..........
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And as for Come Fly With Me, it was panned by just about every decent critic...aside from Gary Bushell who loved it, nuff said

Strangely enough I make up my own mind as to whether a programme is good, rather than rely on the opinions of professional critics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Strangely enough I make up my own mind as to whether a programme is good, rather than rely on the opinions of professional critics.

It was in response to another point.

Good for you for liking drivel all by yourself
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debra genuinely can get pretty close to some agree Cheryl wasn't good as wasn't Joanna Lumley but it's the scripts that are poor.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get these ''Critics panned it'' people, it's all a matter of opinion. I absolutely love the Davina and Claudia impressions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Debra genuinely can get pretty close to some agree Cheryl wasn't good as wasn't Joanna Lumley but it's the scripts that are poor.

I found that, there's def some potential.

Dead Ringers sort of had the writing spot on when it stuck to the political stuff.

Popular culture is hard to parody for writers when most of the real life characters are parodies anyway I guess
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popular culture is hard to parody for writers when most of the real life characters are parodies anyway I guess

I think that's the problem with the impression of Bruno Tonioli; the original is so exaggerated and absurd that he's beyond caricature.

I like the Impressions Show; it's not a classic, but it's pleasant enough watching.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Microsoft office was a good idea and especially when the workers all went off to Apple's cool Christmas party with Usher, Lady GaGa etc and Bill just left dancing think they need more genius like that rather than the poor Ant & Dec.

Jon needs to work more on Harry Hill he hasn't got it yet same with the Simon Cowell not quite there, Debra's Anne Robinson and Katie Price are spot on, if you listen to Jon's Mark Owen that was spot on.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    Defence for the sake of it.

The BBCs line-up of xmas programmes was poor, admit it.

Wow one person who opens threads just to bash the BBC supporting another one.

Colour me shocked!:D;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1414589

Suspiciously you never returned,of course everyone knows you're an anti BBC troll Tass;)
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christmas show was disappointing, and the second series has in general.

I did love the product placement sketch last week though, and Jon's Richard Wilson impression was brilliant! :D