Options

Couldnt understand a word diana sang last night.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
Forum Member
She sounded great dont get me wrong and i like the performance, but i couldnt understand a word of it. People say lauras diction is bad, i understood what laura was singing last night- she had a VERY fast song, and she was no worse than ruth. But dianas i could not understand, her song wasnt that fast. I think shes not versatile enough to do uptempos.

Comments

• Options
    EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha ho hou hean? Heet ha hehe heasy hoo huhuha her.
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clean your ears out then.
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    I really like both Diana and Laura but they both need to work really hard on their diction. Laura was better this week, but last week she was shocking. Diana got away with it last week, but I could hardly make out a word this.

It's beginning to annoy me. It's a blot on what are otherwise great performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither
  • Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    To be honest if you listen to the original it's hard to understand the lyrics I know that because I played it a few times yesterday and I just knew people would have a problem understanding the lyrics, it's just the song to be honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lady_raven wrote: »
    To be honest if you listen to the original it's hard to understand the lyrics I know that because I played it a few times yesterday and I just knew people would have a problem understanding the lyrics, it's just the song to be honest

Just listened to the song, and didnt have any problem understanding the lyrics, its not a fast song to sing.
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was Diana's strongest performanace and the best on the night.
  • Options
    xChErRy-DrOpSxxChErRy-DrOpSx Posts: 4,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt like it- and im a fan. Think man in the mirror is the best performance shes ever done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really like both Diana and Laura but they both need to work really hard on their diction. Laura was better this week, but last week she was shocking. Diana got away with it last week, but I could hardly make out a word this.

It's beginning to annoy me. It's a blot on what are otherwise great performances.

I agree laura was bad last week, but that was the slurring, she can handle uptempos fine as she proved last night, also the badn being so loud was partly to blame. Diana has been bad most weeks.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I can understand Blondie's version without a problem.

Laura is just way above Diana in class and voice.

Whilst Laura should win this competition if it is a Singing Competition Diana seems to have entered a "Try and look quirky and girly and cutesy but singing doesn't really matter" competition.

Sadly it does matter. Who the hell wants to listen to word slurring on an album? It would be atrocious.

Laura album v Diana album?

Laura definitely.
  • Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    Also it never bothers me if I don't unnderstand the lyrics if it's a good song, I do like a lot of songs where I have no idea what they're singing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lady_raven wrote: »
    Also it never bothers me if I don't unnderstand the lyrics if it's a good song, I do like a lot of songs where I have no idea what they're singing

If you cant understand the lyircs the emotion of the song is lost. but each to their own.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like the only one who doesn't 'get' Diana. I never like her performances.
  • Options
    GRAHAM2109GRAHAM2109 Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Don't like her voice at all. She keeps doing that high pitched shreek at the end of every line
  • Options
    Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldnt care less if i can understand the f****** words of the song. I dont listen to music to understand it, i listen to it because it sounds good, and diana sounded damn good to my ears. DO YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO LAURA? She mumbles the words even worse than diana does with that amy winehouse sneer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    GRAHAM2109 wrote: »
    Don't like her voice at all. She keeps doing that high pitched shreek at the end of every line

Totally agree.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a problem understanding anybody.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Dannii pointed out her bad diction in Diana's audition and she has never fixed it. I'm surprised the vocal coaches haven't sorted it.
  • Options
    holymozesholymozes Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enero778 wrote: »
    I feel like the only one who doesn't 'get' Diana. I never like her performances.

Not the only one. Me too. Cant see what the fuss is about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Dannii pointed out her bad diction in Diana's audition and she has never fixed it. I'm surprised the vocal coaches haven't sorted it.

An interesting observation.

I'm sure it matters for future success, if any with Diana.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    Esqualita wrote: »
    ha ho hou hean? Heet ha hehe heasy hoo huhuha her.

Is that with a golfball in her mouth, or her clearer version?:D:D
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    enero778 wrote: »

i dont want to 'get' her! she annoys the hell out of me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adrian01 wrote: »
    I couldnt care less if i can understand the f****** words of the song. I dont listen to music to understand it, i listen to it because it sounds good, and diana sounded damn good to my ears. DO YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO LAURA? She mumbles the words even worse than diana does with that amy winehouse sneer.

Laura improved this week (previously her diction has been appalling) - and many people have said so.

Diana's diction last night was dreadful, even her most ardent fans must agree.

And a lot of people do listen to the music for the words, and the passion and meaning put into them by the singer.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Isn't that Diana's 'thing'? The fact you can never understand what she sings and the fact that she doesn't really sing at all, which is what makes her so 'quirky' and 'special'? :confused:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrellis33 wrote: »
    clean your ears out then.

lolol!!!

I understood every word!:D