Options

Who i Hope DTC Axes (EastEnders)

2»

Comments

• Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I can't believe how unpopular Kirsty is. I find her really interestng with lots of potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would definitely axe all of the Hartmans. They just don't work!

Jack and Tyler are very boring, but they're going anyway.

I am finding Roxy really boring these days so I wouldn't miss her. But with her sister Ronnie returning, she could have a new lease of life.

Both Lucy and Peter played by the new actors are rather dull, but they are Ian Beale's children, so at least they have a place on the show.

I briefly had a soft spot for Joey, but went off him a lot because there's just nothing interesting about him. He has no screen presence. He's only being kept on because he's 'fit'.
  • Options
    Claire-001Claire-001 Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how unpopular Kirsty is. I find her really interestng with lots of potential.

She could have been great but being brought in as Max's secret wife doomed her from the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deadhead wrote: »
    She could have been great but being brought in as Max's secret wife doomed her from the start.

I know, that wasn't the best of stories, but if they explore her back story, I think it would be interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I know, that wasn't the best of stories, but if they explore her back story, I think it would be interesting.

Yeah, I agree with this. Kirsty clearly has a colourful history, look at Carl. I hope that the new EP takes the chance to really build this character, because we know basically nothing about her.

I would axe:

- Whitney (though I would give her a big exit storyline)
    - AJ
    - Alfie Moon - he has been awful this time around.
    - Sam
    - Carl (surely a character with a limited shelf life)

Some of the characters have been underused - or used poorly - such as Ava. I would really like to get to know this character more before she was axed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I think Kirsty has depth and likability. I just hated the whole secret marriage and pretend baby thing. If she is going to stay then I would prefer her away from Max.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirsty will not be axed and neither will Cora purely because the actresses who play them were big coups for the show.

I wouldn't want either axed anyway.

Masood and Tamwar will not be axed. Don't be silly. If anything Shabnam will be back for sure now.

AJ however is probably a goner.

The Hartmans really could be at risk. Probably the only family I do see leaving.

Alice, Poppy, Fatboy and Joey could be at risk. Its difficult to tell. I would bet Alice is probably the one of the four who will go first. DTC helped create Fatboy. So history is there.

Then of course there is the new characters who haven't arrived yet. He might not choose to keep them. Pretty and Li - or whatever she was called, both came in during a producer cross over and were written out more or less months after their debut. Same could happen here.

Plus Dominic was never scarred to axe characters that didn't work. There was a lot of characters who left just as quickly as they came in during his period as story producer. He didn't keep people around doing nothing for years. He just cut the cord.

What I think will happen above all else is Sam Womack returning full time and either her or Sharon will be given The Vic. Dominic always said about how The Vic the centre of the show in many interviews. Everytime Alfie is in there the show suffers from terrible periods. Its pretty clear he isn't right for the place.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also I wouldn't put Honey in the same bracket as Poppy. For one Rachel Bright is a much better actress and Poppy isn't Honey. Poppy actually has way more depth and is more integrated into the show. Honey just floated around doing nothing other than getting pregnant, pronouncing words wrong and having money issues. Plus her acting during the down syndrome story was painful. She was more or less universally panned by the critics. I'm pretty sure of the ITV producers blasted her as unable to move the audience as well.

Thinking about it I would say Fatboy and Poppy are safe as houses.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one I really need to leave is Joey. Terrible actor and a terrible character. I can't see him surviving much longer. Alice has shown a brief improvement during this Michael/Janine storyline but once he goes I don't think there'll be much use for her. She's a pretty one dimensional character.

I think Fatboy and Poppy have run their course. Shame as I really liked Fatboy. I've always found Poppy a vacuous idiot though which is a pity as I get the feeling the actress could have done more.

I have always loved the Masoods but do agree that they have run out of steam. Send Mas to live with Zainab. They belong together. AJ hasn't lived up to his early potential and Tamwar is becoming a joke with his moping about the square. I wonder if the wonderful Nina Wadia would come back for a couple of episodes just to finish off their story.

I'd love to see the back of Alfie but can't see that happening. He is a hideous character with his cheeky chappy overacting. I don't think anybody wants to see him back with Kat and to be honest I think Roxy deserves better. Kill him off and have Kat and Roxy running the Vic together.

I'm hoping Ronnie's return is short lived and she can sail off into the sunset with Jack.

Sharon and Bianca need a serious overhaul if they are to remain remotely likeable.

I think Shirley could become a huge character if handled correctly - brilliant actress who needs more airtime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely get rid of Joey.

The Massoods either need expanding to give them a new lease of life or axe them.

Other than that to be honest i think the cast is fine. There's plenty of new blood in there.

Can't quite get with the kirsty/carl hate. She was a bit of a bore with Max but her and Carl is looking promising and as for Carl - give the guy a chance he's only been in the show a month! I like him. He's clever, devious, vicious and the sub-plot about his mother's abuse looks really promising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I think Joey is the new Jack ..... used for the housewife vote regardless of talent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Masoods: AJ, Tam, Masood
    Brannings: Joey, Alice, Kirsty
    Beales: NONE!
    Mitchells: Jay
    Moons: Alfie, Kat
    Others: Fatboy, Sam, Mo, Kim, Whitney, Roxy

On the "to do" list:

Re-invent the Queen Vic - make it a focal point of the programme again, a strong landlady (Sharon) and a good team of workers around her
  • Options
    Mani_BhangraMani_Bhangra Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Masoods needs to go, agree with everyone that Zianab was the heart of the family. If they want a Asian family, maybe we could have a Sikh family, a father wearing a turban, not been done in any soaps who was originally from India, a mother with both Western and eastern values who was born in England and had a arranged marriage but is very happy in their marriage, 3 daughters and a son. They could Highligh the difficulties in the family unit living a very Eastern lifestyle but still having Sikh values but please do not make a son or daughter gay.
  • Options
    Mani_BhangraMani_Bhangra Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totem_Bern wrote: »
    Definitely get rid of Joey.

The Massoods either need expanding to give them a new lease of life or axe them.

Other than that to be honest i think the cast is fine. There's plenty of new blood in there.

Can't quite get with the kirsty/carl hate. She was a bit of a bore with Max but her and Carl is looking promising and as for Carl - give the guy a chance he's only been in the show a month! I like him. He's clever, devious, vicious and the sub-plot about his mother's abuse looks really promising.

Maybe Masood's mother could come and live with them with Shabnab and highlighting the difficulties of somebody coming from abroad to live with family due to their age and being alone in another country.
  • Options
    Scott_NelsonScott_Nelson Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    I hope Masood stays but I couldn't care less about AJ or Tamwar. Being back Shabnam (played by a different actress if necessary) and Masood's domineering mother or aunt.

I'd be very disappointed if EastEnders axed its popular Asain family even though the Masoods have lost their sparkle since Zainab left.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be nice of him to build the Masood family back up, maybe a new Muslim wife for Mas or bring back Amber (recast) for Tam and actually give AJ a story, bring in his wife.

I think i'd like to see Shirley take a new turn, I certainly wouldn't want Linda Henry gone. I'd like to build her character up, a new man would be great.

Once Alice has no Michael I can't see a future for her, I would like Joey's character to progress though.

I agree with getting shot of Kirsty and Carl, they're as interesting as watching paint dry and they can take Kim Fox with them.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masood, AJ, Tamwar - Should've left when Zainab went
    Fatboy, Poppy - Awful characters
    Joey - Can't act, can't speak properly, boring character
    Kim - Unfunny, annoying
    Denny - Sorry but he's terrible
    Ava, Sam, Dexter - What the off button was invented for
    Lucy, Bobby - Recast these silver spoon thespians please

It would never happen but I'd love to see Alfie and the Brannings axed. Both massive anvils around the show's neck but apparently far too popular with the masses to be rid of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I'd axe -

Sam James
    Ava Hartman
    Dexter (although I do like him, so I might keep him)
    Joey Branning
    AJ
    Masood
    Tamwar
    Fatboy
    Poppy
    Shirley

Agree fully with this list with adding Alice as well as she is like a wet fart!
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I think it would be nice of him to build the Masood family back up, maybe a new Muslim wife for Mas or bring back Amber (recast) for Tam and actually give AJ a story, bring in his wife.

Who's Amber?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amber? :confused:

I hope you're not referring to that atrocious character who bedded Masood earlier this year? She was yet another Lorraine Newman failure.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They mean Afia

Amber was Dev's daughter in Corrie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked Afia but Lorraine Newman turned her into a complete bore.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Afia but Lorraine Newman turned her into a complete bore.

Lorraine didn't have anything to do with her, she left while BK was in charge

I think Afia should return because Tamwar has done nothing since she left. I think Tamwar has elements of depression so if they could turn this into a story then Afia hears he is ill, she could come back.

Although I think with Tam's possible depression I think EE are trying to be clever by not mentioning it (like how Corrie don't mention Roy's autism). Its possible, back in the old days they never made a big deal of this sort of thing (eg Sharon's adoption was just mentioned casually)