Options

Why does the DM readers hate Cheryl Cole?

Comments

• Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because, apparently, disliking, or not finding someone who happens to have a vagina supremely talented is equatable to jellusy, hatred, bitterness, misogyny et al. Everyone who criticises our Chezza is a 40 stone spinster who doesn't appreciate how difficult it is to mime in a pair of harem trousers to a manufactured backing track and spout lots of platitudes like 'you're reet up my street' to contenstants they mentor on a 'talent' show.

Actually, I don't mind Cheryl. She's not the only manufactured popstar in the world and she won't be the last and fair play to her for making so much out of so little talent.

But let's be real here - everyone has celebrities they like and dislike and everyone's opinions are valid. If the only contribution people can make is to criticise other FM's and tar them all with the same brush, it doesn't say much about their intellectual prowess or rationale.

Great post, Prue. I don't mind Cheryl, I think she's quite pretty, a reasonable singer, an ok dancer. I think she's been incredibly lucky to hit the jackpot when so many other girls just as pretty/singy/dancy fail, and certainly once she got into Simon's good books she could hardly have wished for more. I also think that the incident in her past was a partly product of the upbringing she had, and she was still fairly young at that time (I think) and suddenly she was 'faymuss' and rich, went out on the piss and behaved appallingly. I'm not saying she shouldn't take responsibility for that. Since then she's grown up and had loooots of media training and every now and then that inner teenager pops up again, but on the whole I think she presents herself well.

Having said all that, I don't like her very much, and I think that's to do with the media saturation a few years back (Nation's Sweetheart, blek). I just got sick of the sight of her! (See also Poor Brave Jen Aniston)
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    The Daily Mail readers hate everyone! If they are not talking about you, then you need to worry.

This. I'm proud to be hated by the DM and its ilk.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Of assault, not anything to do with racism.

Excuse me But I NEVER BROUGHT UP THE RACE CARD IN MY POSTS !!
    And resent the fact that you are saying I did

An apology would be nice
    I said and I quote FACT ..... COURT PROCEEDINGS ARE PUBLIC RECORD
    SHE WAS CONVICTED !!!

Just point to me where I mentioned racism !!!
    JUST BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE QUOTING PLEASE
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    Great post, Prue. I don't mind Cheryl, I think she's quite pretty, a reasonable singer, an ok dancer. I think she's been incredibly lucky to hit the jackpot when so many other girls just as pretty/singy/dancy fail, and certainly once she got into Simon's good books she could hardly have wished for more. I also think that the incident in her past was a partly product of the upbringing she had, and she was still fairly young at that time (I think) and suddenly she was 'faymuss' and rich, went out on the piss and behaved appallingly. I'm not saying she shouldn't take responsibility for that. Since then she's grown up and had loooots of media training and every now and then that inner teenager pops up again, but on the whole I think she presents herself well.

Having said all that, I don't like her very much, and I think that's to do with the media saturation a few years back (Nation's Sweetheart, blek). I just got sick of the sight of her! (See also Poor Brave Jen Aniston)

So which is it?
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    As I said there are plenty of articles many by people and friends she knew worked with and who grew up with her some are gossip but many aren't
    As for the court appearance that most certainly Is FACT
    COURT PROCEEDINGS ARE PUBLIC RECORD
    SHE WAS CONVICTED
    the opening post was asking the question why she's not liked
    I and many others have replied politely and courteously
    ITS NOT MY PLACE TO PERSONALLY SELECT ITEMS FOR YOU ..and even if I did not doubt you'd find fault with them anyway wouldn't you ???
    COULD IT BE IF YOU LOOK YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND ???
    But as it's becoming increasingly obvious we are going around in circles this is my last post on the subject

Why wouldn't I like what I find? I don't even like Cheryl. I just don't believe in saying something about a celebrity, only to reply with "Google it" when someone asks for evidence to support your claims. If you want to make points without evidence, you do that. It's not very credible though.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terms and Conditions state:

Where have I posted a personal insult about another forum member in this thread? Anyway, I can't bothered with this anymore.

Unbelievably, this isn't all about you.

My comments were made about OTHER users and in response to another poster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unbelievably, this isn't all about you.

My comments were made about OTHER users and in response to another poster.

I've just been more or less told by that I said Cheryl was convicted of racism Prumeister
    I never said any such thing in the same way that you didn't make the comments ascribed to you to that person by that person

Sadly I've come to the conclusion that the poster concerned is just up to cause trouble
    I'm going to withdraw myself from this thread now and if it continues will contact the mods
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    So the Daily Mail readers are Southerners then?

Nah, they come from over (but only if white). However, back to Cole. She is a grubby little northerner.

Oh sorry, she's a southerner to me, me being from Scotland 'n all.

How come every time I look at her, all can image is her tattooed arse.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's irritating because she has zero singing talent and yet somehow her job is being a 'singer'. But, as others have said, she's not the only plastic, talentless Zeleb out there, and it's been a long time since the 'toilet' incident, so I can happily ignore her unfeasibly shiny, big hair and bright red lips - oh no wait, maybe I can't...:D

Edit: shiny hair, not shing hair whatever that is!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never suggested thus

No, you certainly didn't but I wanted to get it out there.
    BUT - just as some see some sort of 'bitchy crusade' against female celebs being indicative of a certain type of FM, on the other side of the coin, there are also those FM's who persist in posting thus without offering much of an opinion on the female celeb(s) in question and simply charging in and criticising fellow FM's if they offer an opinion which might be anathema to them

I actually don't think there's anything wrong with my last sentence. In actual fact, making personal digs at FM's IS against forum T&C's - especially when no other 'debate' or opinion is offered. As a recent example, a lot of FM's copped a massive load of flak on a thread about Danielle Lloyd. We were accused of 'enjoying the fact that she was racist' being 'bitter' and 'jellus'. But none of these protagonists actually seemed to have an opinion about Ms Lloyd herself. As she was the subject of the thread, this did seem somewhat surprising - and rather tiresome and potentially O/T.

Similarly, with Cole (who I don't mind as I have said previously), we again get told that we are 'always' criticising her blah blah blah. But no opinion is elicited. IMHO, this makes the charge less intellectually stable and more just about having a dig.

I don't disagree with this at all, but, as I said, I just don't think there's really a happy medium. In the other Cole thread in BGT, I offered an opinion, links and even quotes to at least try and justify what I was saying and I still get accused of "riding to the rescue".

But then I suppose forum life would be rather dull if we all agreed :)
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Yep. I also remember that verbal attack on Wagner live on the show too. She's devoid of talent or class.

Mind you, she's had to put up with some truly terrible things hasn't she? Like doing a telly interview in her own clothes whilst everyone else is fitted out from wardrobe! The poor lass.

Watch her plight here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5BgTfzV1b8
    LOL I feel sorry for the poor girl who only did what Hilary told her to do!

If that's how she reacted then, imagine how she reacts now that she's a big star :o
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So which is it?

Whoops - that is a bit inconsistent isn't it!

What I meant by 'I don't mind her' was that she doesn't bother me, I don't feel the need to slate her because she is not on my radar much any more. I don't begrudge her her 'celebrity status' because I know it's what a lot of people seem to strive for, and she's been lucky enough to achieve it.
    When I said I don't like her much, that's more of a fleeting feeling I have about her when she pops up on TV from time to time, I don't find her particularly engaging or likeable. So it's more that she hasn't done anything to make me dislike her, but she hasn't done anything to make me like her either.

I'm not sure that my clarification has made things any clearer :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    DM readers seem to hate everyone, I think its due to their lack of breeding
  • Options
    Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »

lol which is it?
  • Options
    Jaden_RileyJaden_Riley Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    So which is it?

wooow you beat me to it lol

can't believe we wrote the exact same thing!
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she is a boring has been who middle aged blokes keep shoving back onto TV in an inexplicable attempt to make her current and likeable.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole..............guttersnipe.
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont "hate" her, just that she is nothing special much looks wise until all the makeup and hair goes on lol

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2867/cherylcolemakeuplesspho.jpg

Hate her songs though...awful

"Except" when she was in Girls Aloud.....promise I made promise I made

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, don't know why she's hated. Don't get me wrong, the toilet attendant assault was awful but everyone had made mistakes in their youth and it seems since then she hasn't done anything similar- and she was never convicted on the racial side of the attack so I think Ashley cole being a cover up is a lot of rubbish.

I think she's a gorgeous girl, love her on X factor as well. She can't sing for toffee but her songs are catchy and she's still popular and enjoys what she does so don't see what the problem is.

Me personally I think Robbie Williams is an awful singer and his songs are aeriously meh but he's mega popular and sells millions of records and concerts are sold out. Can't see the appeal myself but like above he's enjoying what he is doing and is also popular.

I don't think singing ability is always important to people when it comes to liking someone's music, some people just like the songs and the person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    I like her, don't know why she's hated. Don't get me wrong, the toilet attendant assault was awful but everyone had made mistakes in their youth and it seems since then she hasn't done anything similar- and she was never convicted on the racial side of the attack so I think Ashley cole being a cover up is a lot of rubbish.

I think she's a gorgeous girl, love her on X factor as well. She can't sing for toffee but her songs are catchy and she's still popular and enjoys what she does so don't see what the problem is.

Me personally I think Robbie Williams is an awful singer and his songs are aeriously meh but he's mega popular and sells millions of records and concerts are sold out. Can't see the appeal myself but like above he's enjoying what he is doing and is also popular.

I don't think singing ability is always important to people when it comes to liking someone's music, some people just like the songs and the person.

Fairy Nuff and thank you for making your point without insulting your fellow posters. ;-)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »

This gets brought up by some because they know that she hasn't been in trouble since then. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just because she obviously comes from the North East.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    I dont "hate" her, just that she is nothing special much looks wise until all the makeup and hair goes on lol

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2867/cherylcolemakeuplesspho.jpg

Hate her songs though...awful

"Except" when she was in Girls Aloud.....promise I made promise I made

:D

To be fair, in that picture, IMHO, she looks absolutely stunningly naturally beautiful. Her skin is flawless.

She looks better there than than when she's all made up to within an inch of her life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This gets brought up by some because they know that she hasn't been in trouble since then. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just because she obviously comes from the North East.

Now you are being silly
    So in that case let's have a go at
    Tom Daley as he's from Plymouth
    Cilla Black as she's from Liverpool
    Oasis as they are from Manchester
    One Direction for even existing !!....
    The list is endless
    You are just making yourself look stupid now
    And by the way I'm still waiting for your apology after you wrongly said I had said Cheryl was racist

But sadly will probably be waiting a long time
    As one of my teachers used to say to our class
    Sometimes ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE OPENING GOB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Now you are being silly
    So in that case let's have a go at
    Tom Daley as he's from Plymouth
    Cilla Black as she's from Liverpool
    Oasis as they are from Manchester
    One Direction for even existing !!....
    The list is endless
    You are just making yourself look stupid now
    And by the way I'm still waiting for your apology after you wrongly said I had said Cheryl was racist

But sadly will probably be waiting a long time
    As one of my teachers used to say to our class
    Sometimes ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE OPENING GOB

You'll have a long wait. ;-)

Anyway.........if I was a tad fierce/condescending up-thread, I'm sorry. :blush:
  • Options
    nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey i didn't mean to start a mini fight on here, i've come to conclusion the dm readers do in fact hate pretty-much everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You'll have a long wait. ;-)

Anyway.........if I was a tad fierce/condescending up-thread, I'm sorry. :blush:

Hi DD it wasn't actually you 😄 It was actually zx50 who did something similar with another poster my original comments appear about 14.30 yesterday
    We have corresponded on various threads and even if we've not agreed always been polite with each other !
    But bless you for apologising anyway
    Have a good day xxx
This discussion has been closed.