Options

Can anyone explain to me why Kim Kardashian won GQ's "woman of the year" award

RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone able to (or care to) provide a logical / rational reason?

I just don't get it.

I cannot begin to comprehend it and am worried the world is going to Hell if she is winning awards like this?

I just want to know what the justification for the award was!

Comments

• Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a big name and will draw attention, which this thread kinda proves.

Just ignore it
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because these things are all about PR designed to promote "hot properties" even more than they already are.

Remember when Tulisa won sexiest female and how laughable that was? It was no conicidence she won when her profile was at an all time high.

All these "awards" are for is to keep popular people relevant, nothing at all do with what anyone nominated might or might not have to offer in terms of talent, likeability or anything else. It's one big sham.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the award is based on looks and she's hardly ugly
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she'll do a special "sexy" shoot just for them?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    She gets more column inches than any other female out there, That is why
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Because these things are all about PR designed to promote "hot properties" even more than they already are.

Remember when Tulisa won sexiest female and how laughable that was? It was no conicidence she won when her profile was at an all time high.

All these "awards" are for is to keep popular people relevant, nothing at all do with what anyone nominated might or might not have to offer in terms of talent, likeability or anything else. It's one big sham.

I did wonder why an advertisement for today's Radio 1 appearance was on the breakfast show yesterday...;)
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Well if Tony Blair can get the Philanthropist of the Year Award anything is possible
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,995
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    She gets more column inches than any other female out there, That is why

What's her sex life got to do with her getting this award?
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if Tony Blair can get the Philanthropist of the Year Award anything is possible

I wanted to throw up when I saw that.

Doesn't help that he looks so demonic I'm actually afraid of seeing his face.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,995
    Forum Member
    It's for the compassion she has shown to her fellow human beings, having personally delivered food parcels in Iraq, her amazing skills in containing the ebola outbreak and developing a treatment that works.

Her negotiating skills in turning radical jihadists into couch potatoes.

It's a shame the judges almost ignored her good work because of her TV shows and publicity machine.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she agreed to turn up !
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    For this very reason. The headlines it would make.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Because she agreed to turn up !
    dee123 wrote: »
    For this very reason. The headlines it would make.

Exactly.

This is the ONLY reason she won because she agreed to turn up if they awarded her the award.

I mean seriously? Woman of the year! What the hell has she actually done?

If anyone should win that award it should be Jennifer Lawrence for all the shit she's been put through the past few days! KK? Hell no! A reality tv star? Hell no!

This is such a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Exactly.

This is the ONLY reason she won because she agreed to turn up if they awarded her the award.

I mean seriously? Woman of the year! What the hell has she actually done?

If anyone should win that award it should be Jennifer Lawrence for all the shit she's been put through the past few days! KK? Hell no! A reality tv star? Hell no!

This is such a joke.

Yep. It's not as if we can say "oh well, at least she's got her movie/album coming out soon"
    She's got NOTHING else.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep. It's not as if we can say "oh well, at least she's got her movie/album coming out soon"
    She's got NOTHING else.

She's actually got a new book coming out in April. She's also got a clothing line for Lipsy, a beauty & cosmetics line, a new hair product endorsement coming soon, a kids clothing line, her own clothes shop Dash, a jewellery line, perfumes, and 9 series' of the most successful show ever to be shown on E!, as well as a few spin offs & cameos in films & tv programmes.

I'm not her biggest fan (I much prefer khloe!) but I don't get the hate for her, I understand people not liking how she became famous, but at the end of the day she's the most successful reality tv star ever & is constantly in magazines, newspapers & being talked about. I'd probably be the same if I were her. Although I admit she's become a lot less likeable since marrying that idiot.e
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    She's actually got a new book coming out in April. She's also got a clothing line for Lipsy, a beauty & cosmetics line, a new hair product endorsement coming soon, a kids clothing line, her own clothes shop Dash, a jewellery line, perfumes, and 9 series' of the most successful show ever to be shown on E!, as well as a few spin offs.

I'm not her biggest fan (I much prefer khloe!) but I don't get the hate for her, I understand people not liking how she became famous, but at the end of the day she's the most successful reality tv star ever & is constantly in magazines, newspapers & being talked about. I'd probably be the same if I were her. Although I admit she's become a lot less likeable since marrying that idiot.e

Hope this helps.

http://www.ohfacts.com/gossip/top-10-reasons-why-people-hate-kim-kardashian/

and this

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamesaquilone/reasons-why-you-should-hate-kim-kardashian-5wyn?s=mobile

and this

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/entertainment/10-celebrities-who-hate-the-kardashians/

and this

http://celebs.likes.com/15-reasons-to-hate-kim-kanye
  • Options
    Forum Member

The first link - people hate her because she cries & wears too much make up?! Bloody hell that's pathetic :o and quite laughable, says more about them than it does her. And did you not read the number 1 reason why people hate her on your first link? I'd say it was spot on..
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    What's her sex life got to do with her getting this award?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's actually got a new book coming out in April. She's also got a clothing line for Lipsy, a beauty & cosmetics line, a new hair product endorsement coming soon, a kids clothing line, her own clothes shop Dash, a jewellery line, perfumes, and 9 series' of the most successful show ever to be shown on E!, as well as a few spin offs & cameos in films & tv programmes.

You forgot to mention the sex tape ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You forgot to mention the sex tape ;-)

Yep, the tape that made her a famous millionaire. ;)
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's literal hate. I think that's too strong and really, people don't know the real Kim, if there is indeed a real person behind the fake bum and reality image.

I think, like many cases, we are seeing a pure reaction against the machinery that turns people into stars and over saturates them into every walk of life. You turn the telly on, she's there each time, she's in every magazine, newspaper, blog, fashion page, etc, etc, and so is her whole family...her husband, their daily movements and views, all of it given a platform based on today's gossip-hungry market that too greatly values celebrating the cult of personality.

I think that's all it is, over saturation. And many people are just sick of it.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member

You seem to know an awful lot about her.;-)

The only thing I know about her is her big ass and that she bangs serial douche Kanye West.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GQ is the Barney Stinson of magazines. Loves the luxury items, like good suits, watches etc. But when it comes to women it can't see beyond boobs.
  • Options
    MissRightMissRight Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Yep, the tape that made her a famous millionaire. ;)
    You make it seem like that's something to be proud about, make a sex tape and you will get some where in life.

There is a decline in morality standard of decency when people look up to someone who is pure trash, who has become famous off the back of a Sex tape, who uses their body to degrade themselves and has no self respect, this is the message she is sending out to all young girl's who inspire to be like her and see it as normal, like there's nothing wrong with it and that they don't need to get an education to get some where in life.

Today's Society is to blame for the constant promotion for the like of Kim, she is nothing more then a high class prostitute, thats's why she's a millionaire, Idolised and promoted for all the wrong reasons, her winning women of the year is an insult to all hard working, decent women out there, only a lad's mag, would voted trash like her Women of the year, **** of the year, would be more appropriate in my opinion.