Options

Eastenders : New Lauren - Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    GMAKAIWTYGMAKAIWTY Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has had a personality change.

I thought her character was supposed to be sweet.

Is this what the USA does to people :D

I do not like the actress who plays Abi, or Ben but I thought the actress who plays Lucy was OK.

I suppose the actor playing the new Ben character will be of a bigger build to show he trained in the nick?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking her!! Okay so she seems to have had a new personality as well as a new head, but she does sound just like the old lauren

I think her on screen chemistry with abi is so believable
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    want to see whats she like with peter and lucy
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    After tonight, I think she's so much better than the original. And she looks more like Max and Tanya than the other one. Good recast, don't get why anyone would be upset. And yes, she's changed a bit as a character but why would anyone want her to be miserable like before?
  • Options
    MuckozMuckoz Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    this one can act.

The other one had no character at all
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I think it's quite clear that she's simply grown up - she's been in America without parents for a good few months - fending for herself etc - of course she will change.

I think as far as recast's grow it's a good one - at times, i reckon she sounds like the old one etc - and i can't see the other actress who played Lauren being in this type of story.
  • Options
    John t BaptistJohn t Baptist Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    It's been bugging me all week but I've finally figured out who she reminds me of. She's the spit of Daniel Mays who played Keats in Ashes To Ashes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone's said this but she reminds me of the girl who plays Jess in WR. Anyway how old is new Lauren meant to be because she's obviously older than old Lauren?!
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    She is HOT! She should get it on with Zsa ! ;)
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Hey Mambo wrote: »
    Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone's said this but she reminds me of the girl who plays Jess in WR. Anyway how old is new Lauren meant to be because she's obviously older than old Lauren?!

16 - she looks older than the other Lauren - then again, so does Lorna who plays Abi.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I warmed to her even more tonight!

She and Abi bounced off each other really well during tonights episode.
  • Options
    ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    She actually is doing quite well acting wise... oh, and she's hot.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    She is slightly a Summer clone from Neighbours. But she is a good replacement, she even has the some of the same mannerisms when she talks like the previous actress.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what's going on? First Declan in Neighbours and now Lauren in EE.
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's nowhere as bad as the Declan recast!
  • Options
    king_walnutking_walnut Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd plough her senseless. Put a smile on her face for weeks, I ****ing would.
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happed to the old lauren?
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Lauren is SO much better than old Lauren.
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    what's going on? First Declan in Neighbours and now Lauren in EE.

I completely agree.

I'm a life long fan and I'v stopped watching because of this unnecessary "recast".

I'd like to still be watching but i'm not watching something that has no respect for the viewer.

Eastenders has driven me away.
  • Options
    Lola02Lola02 Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could have been worse ......

Well this is what we have got now , i doubt Maddie will be returning to EE under Kirkwood anyway .

I have read some of the spoilers in Soaplife for the next few weeks and i hate what they are doing to the character .....
  • Options
    Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    I completely agree.

I'm a life long fan and I'v stopped watching because of this unnecessary "recast".

I'd like to still be watching but i'm not watching something that has no respect for the viewer.

Eastenders has driven me away.
    Actually Maddie quit so she could do her A Levels. She doesn't want to act anymore.
    Lola02 wrote: »
    It could have been worse ......

Well this is what we have got now , i doubt Maddie will be returning to EE under Kirkwood anyway .

I have read some of the spoilers in Soaplife for the next few weeks and i hate what they are doing to the character
    Erm you do remember this is the girl who tried to kill her own father? anything after that is small fish..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    Actually Maddie quit so she could do her A Levels. She doesn't want to act anymore.

Erm you do remember this is the girl who tried to kill her own father? anything after that is small fish..

And look how they no longer make reference to that anymore

How does a girl with a record go to school in America anyway ...IMO Kirkwood wants to forget about the hit and run and Tanya burying Max .......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And look how they no longer make reference to that anymore

How does a girl with a record go to school in America anyway ...IMO Kirkwood wants to forget about the hit and run and Tanya burying Max .......

They don't have to reference everything a character does all the time. Fact is she did it. She has also drunk with Lucy several times. People are just looking for excuses to dislike the new actress when it was Maddie who left of her own accord to focus on her studies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    They don't have to reference everything a character does all the time. Fact is she did it. She has also drunk with Lucy several times. People are just looking for excuses to dislike the new actress when it was Maddie who left of her own accord to focus on her studies.

How do you know she left of her own accord ? Of some twitter page ? ............it was reported that she was axed so they could replace her with an older actress ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do you know she left of her own accord ? Of some twitter page ? ............it was reported that she was axed so they could replace her with an older actress ...

It wasn't reported anywhere she was axed so they could replace her with an older actress. Only Ben got axed so they could replace him. Maddie left so she could do A Levels. Jo Joyner said it herself on Saturday Kitchen last Saturday.

Hmmmm so who do we believe then? :confused:;)