Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    I think her death will be pretty sad, but she's been on the show quite while now.
    I've missed something - what's going to happen to her?
    And it will make Dante happy. :p
    :D
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 11 December

Lenny goes to great lengths to avoid giving his sister bad news, as the medical drama continues. Meanwhile, Mads is torn between the values of her old and new life and Jeff takes the law into his own hands.

Joe comes into the Emergency Department to see his son, Mike, who is recovering after being attacked by Karl and his gang. When Joe meets paramedic Jeff Collier, he insists that Jeff help him take on Karl. Jeff, not realising the extent of Joe's woes, refuses.

But when Karl and his gang terrorise the ED, Jeff and Karl square up and Jeff is shown a video of Joe eating dog faeces. After Ruth announces what has happened in front of an audience, a mortified Joe tries to take his own life, forcing Jeff to go looking for Karl to exact retribution. Catching Karl halfway through dousing Joe's flat with petrol, Jeff agrees that burning down the flat is a good idea and grabs the lighter. Will Jeff break the law as he tries to teach the gang leader a lesson?

Mads is saddened to learn that Mrs Ahmed, a Pakistani woman she's been treating, doesn't actually have any family despite making up stories about them. Mads is torn between her own family values in Pakistan and the values of the team, led by Zoe, who want her to come to the pub.

Lenny has been avoiding his sister Helen after being been told that they aren't a suitable donor match. When Helen asks directly, Lenny is put on the spot. Will he have the heart to tell her the truth and dash her hopes of recovery?
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    The issue is I think she's an irritating self centered, lack of sympathy, empathy, lacking self awareness of how her negative lack of people skills effects her patients and colleagues. That and I think shes a bit of a cow.

Damn me for continuing to express my views on her after each episode she appears in on a thread that was started to express views on the show and characters.

Does it bother you because you like her or because she reminds you of someone you may know?

It bothers me because it's whenever i read the thread there is a fresh comment about how much you dislike Ruth and it's like hearing an old record over and over again. I'd feel the same even if it was Noel. And in my opinion your comments aren't really episode relevant as they all tend to say stuff like 'she's the devil reincarnated with no heart' (made that quote up, and i know it is a slight exaggeration, but you get the gist) regardless of what's happened in the episode.
    And yes i like her and no she doesn't remind me of someone i know - but really it has nothing to do with her. :)
  • Options
    soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    She's from a dysfunctional background : if I remember correctly,the father was an alcoholic and was never there for her.The suggestion is she has been damaged by her childhood and has never really come to terms with it.

Thank you!:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode - glad Lenny's back - looks like a big storyline for him - like him and Mads together!! Ruth appears to be slowly losing the plot:eek:
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    soapyjoes wrote: »
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode - glad Lenny's back - looks like a big storyline for him - like him and Mads together!! Ruth appears to be slowly losing the plot:eek:

I do like how she is going after Charlie, boring if he was untouchable and everyone's favourite guy... :D
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It bothers me because it's whenever i read the thread there is a fresh comment about how much you dislike Ruth and it's like hearing an old record over and over again. I'd feel the same even if it was Noel. And in my opinion your comments aren't really episode relevant as they all tend to say stuff like 'she's the devil reincarnated with no heart' (made that quote up, and i know it is a slight exaggeration, but you get the gist) regardless of what's happened in the episode.
    And yes i like her and no she doesn't remind me of someone i know - but really it has nothing to do with her. :)
    Well as long as she's in the show, prepare to be bothered by my posts.

Would you like me to stop posting about her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode was directed by Zoe and Tess. Explains why they didn't put in an appearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her death will be pretty sad, but she's been on the show quite while now.
    Is Ruth going to die?!:confused: if yes yippee I can't stand her, even moreso lately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tonight's episode was directed by Zoe and Tess. Explains why they didn't put in an appearance.

Zoe is often left out of episodes I didn't even notice her absence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LDN wrote: »
    Is Ruth going to die?!:confused: if yes yippee I can't stand her, even moreso lately

Yep according to another thread on here I read, two characters die at New Years or just after. Georgia (I think that's her name) said she had just finished filming her most dramatic scenes etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe is often left out of episodes I didn't even notice her absence.
    We did get a glimpse of her picture next to Ruth's after the missing mustache had been drawn in.

[I hope that post is episode relevant enough for One treehillfan]
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep according to another thread on here I read, two characters die at New Years or just after. Georgia (I think that's her name) said she had just finished filming her most dramatic scenes etc

It's news to me that she's leaving. All I've read is an interview with the writer/producer (not sure which one!) in Inside Soap a few weeks ago, talking about how they feel really bad about what they're putting Ruth through, and something about Jay having to look after another character, who I assumed is Ruth. I hope Ruth's not being killed off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    It's news to me that she's leaving. All I've read is an interview with the writer/producer (not sure which one!) in Inside Soap a few weeks ago, talking about how they feel really bad about what they're putting Ruth through, and something about Jay having to look after another character, who I assumed is Ruth. I hope Ruth's not being killed off.

Oh, who would be the two characters who die then? I just assumed Ruth because the actress said she had filmed her most dramatic scenes and since she has already attempted suicide, one step up would be death, no?

I "like" the character too, well I like the actress playing the character not Ruth herself. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, who would be the two characters who die then? I just assumed Ruth because the actress said she had filmed her most dramatic scenes and since she has already attempted suicide, one step up would be death, no?

I "like" the character too, well I like the actress playing the character not Ruth herself. :p

I wouldn't know, they didn't mention it in the interview :confused: I remember a bit with Georgia about last weeks episode where she mentioned the dramatic scenes though. Unless Georgia wanted to leave, I'm not sure why they would kill her off?

I like Ruth when she's with Jay. He gets her, and brings the best out in her, he gives her the time of day. No-one else does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't know, they didn't mention it in the interview :confused: I remember a bit with Georgia about last weeks episode where she mentioned the dramatic scenes though. Unless Georgia wanted to leave, I'm not sure why they would kill her off?

I like Ruth when she's with Jay. He gets her, and brings the best out in her, he gives her the time of day. No-one else does.

I doubt she would have been axed, she got them a lot of praise which the show struggles for these days not so long ago, it would be her decision but I just remember when she was on Corrie she left on a high then when she was getting nominated for best actress etc

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't mean she is going to die.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see that Ruth is right on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I feel so sad for her.
    Others will go on with their lives, Charlie will get his job back one day. But she is unable to tell anyone about the torment she is going through not even Jay.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    You have to love Ruth :D I try to dislike her but I can't lol. Good episode last night, felt so sorry for them kids :(

And how dare that man push my baby over :mad: leave my Kirsty alone. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tess did appear somewhat briefly running through one scene:D

I loved that little scene between the two of them where we got to see what the 'normal' Ruth would look like - shame she didn't take his advice about Charlie:eek: In effect her decision alienated the staff around her even more leaving her isolated...:(:(
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i enjoy watching ruths character and find her very interesting to watch. I dont like her character though.
    Yes shes had a damaged childhood (as do many) but i love the way shes aware of her problems yet chooses to ignore them -....... how many times has she been told she has no people skills by her collegues, yet she does nothing to perfect them at all? As professional as she thinks she is i would of thought she'd want to sort herself out. thats why i think she has mental issues.

She is a doctor - she could seek therapy for past anguishes - attend courses to improve her skills - but she chooses not to. She would rather trample over her collegues to look after herself - I hate that quality in a person but like i said her character just keeps you watching because you want her to get with Jay and for him to 'mend her' and for them to be happy. It just wont happen though and why should Jay have to when she wont help herself.

well done to Georgia Taylor who plays her so well !
  • Options
    mdtaukmdtauk Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoy the idea of Charlie working in the psych ward for a month or so, the potential for some interesting stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapyjoes wrote: »

I loved that little scene between the two of them where we got to see what the 'normal' Ruth would look like - shame she didn't take his advice about Charlie:eek: In effect her decision alienated the staff around her even more leaving her isolated...:(:(

Exactly. He sees the good in her. Yes, she's not the nicest person most of the time, but that nice person is in there. She doesn't help herself, but the rest of the staff really don't take the time to get to know her. But when she does try and be nice, they just throw back it her face anyway and mock her. She can't win sometimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    I can see that Ruth is right on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I feel so sad for her.
    Others will go on with their lives, Charlie will get his job back one day. But she is unable to tell anyone about the torment she is going through not even Jay.
    She can tell but chooses not to. Rather than getting out of the marriage, cutting her losses and letting him carry on as he was, she strikes a deal where she wins and he loses. She gets power and to climb the ladder. He gets to ditch his boyfriend carry on living a lie and the added bonus of her outing him..... nice

People want Jay to get back with someone like that? The man has his faults but even I wouldn't wish her on him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    She can tell but chooses not to. Rather than getting out of the marriage, cutting her losses and letting him carry on as he was, she strikes a deal where she wins and he loses. She gets power and to climb the ladder. He gets to ditch his boyfriend carry on living a lie and the added bonus of her outing him..... nice
    My thoughts exactly. She would rather keep up the pretence than have people see she doesn't have a 'perfect' life.

What Edward did was stupid and cruel, so you could say she's having her revenge but she's just sentencing them both to a life of misery.

Of course it's bound to all come out eventually because this is a soap. ;)
    People want Jay to get back with someone like that? The man has his faults but even I wouldn't wish her on him.

:)
This discussion has been closed.