Options

Just too Sexual

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    surely the likes of christina are marketed to older people anyway....there are plenty of acts specifically marketed at youngsters.
  • Options
    airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Christina and Rhianna - it's just disgusting.

Quite, who wants to see a pair of half-naked munters.
    Now, if it had been a couple of less bulky singers dressed like that, then that would have been ok!
  • Options
    Timothy BryceTimothy Bryce Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina's seem natural enough to me, she's performed in this way for a long while now. When she first came out she had a sweet Britney still persona but that was probably the forced element considering the record company set her up as a Britney rival with them both being ex-Mickey Mouse club kids.

Its funny I think I can pinpoint the moment the sexualisation of female performers started.

It was Madonna's first VMA performance, I remember Cher being interviewed about this performance and how she was shocked by the sexual nature of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdKpoPyrv_c

I don't think Madonna influence can be understated.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Get real, my children watch the news. Its discussed. The news is a fact the insidious crap served up this evening is, in case it had escaped you was fantasy.

so are you saying that its far worse for your kids to see rihanna on the xfactor compared to people illegally smashing up buildings and trying to harm others?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Christina and Rhianna - it's just disgusting. It's meant to be a family show.

wind up thread or a boring sex life? if that got you excited already, you cannot possibly go to any beach, can you? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    For what its worth I thought it was a pretty poor performance, she looked a tad tubby, her hair, if it was hers if not she needs a better wig,was lank and her vocals were average. Based on that performance I will give the show a miss:D

Yes, I'm the poisonous one.

This place is bloody hilarious. Yet another poster talking about decency laws and women being objectified...who then goes on and objectifies women.

You are part of what you seem to despise...which has some kind of tragic irony I guess. :)
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Its funny I think I can pinpoint the moment the sexualisation of female performers started.

It was Madonna's first VMA performance, I remember Cher being interviewed about this performance and how she was shocked by the sexual nature of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdKpoPyrv_c

I don't think Madonna influence can be understated.

Thanks for that, I love 80's Madonna. How blatant is her miming in that clip?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    so are you saying that its far worse for your kids to see rihanna on the xfactor compared to people illegally smashing up buildings and trying to harm others?

id assume so, seeing as its perfectly fine to insult people, show your kids its fine to insult and look down on people :(
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the OP & other members of the "Think of the children / Bubblewrap Britain" Brigades. I got a few words for you.........:D

Boobs
    Skimpy underwear
    Stockings
    Suspenders
    Camel toes
    Thongs

It is almost 2011 not 1911. Bring on the female body parts that nobody is allowed to talk about to protect the children :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet nobody complained when One Direction sang a song about making a girl feel so good while they are having sex that they are the only girl in the world...
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the OP & other members of the "Think of the children / Bubblewrap Britain" Brigades. I got a few words for you.........:D

Boobs
    Skimpy underwear
    Stockings
    Suspenders
    Camel toes
    Thongs

It is almost 2011 not 1911. Bring on the female body parts that nobody is allowed to talk about to protect the children :rolleyes:

Ooh, you make such a good point....children should never be exposed to such things!

Camel toes?....Boobs?......down with that sort of thing!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Mmmm I thought they were good. Ah well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mazzamac2 wrote: »
    Mmmm I thought they were good. Ah well!

thats because your an adult (im assuming)
    if you were a kid it would make you go out and get pregnant. :( or get yourself raped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    thats because your an adult (im assuming)
    if you were a kid it would make you go out and get pregnant. :( or get yourself raped.

Or become a lesbian burlesque dancer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evamoo wrote: »

Any evidence for that? Or are you just speculating? lol
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think that poster was being sarcastic. Unless you are being sarcastic too. I'm just going to go back to watching 80's Madonna videos.
  • Options
    Forum Member

speculating? on ds? never :mad:

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that poster was being sarcastic. Unless you are being sarcastic too. I'm just going to go back to watching 80's Madonna videos.

Yeah I was...even a true DS nutcase couldn't of written a post as good as Evan's!

This thread reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer is accused of sexual harrassment...

"Your tears say more than real evidence ever could..."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I was...even a true DS nutcase couldn't of written a post as good as Evan's!

This thread reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer is accused of sexual harrassment...

"Your tears say more than real evidence ever could..."

Ha who needs evidence, why don't you think of the children. Wasn't it Marge Simpson who said "Call me a killjoy, but if this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it."

The viewers who didn't like the performances should count themselves lucky Rihanna didn't try to recreate her Te Amo video on stage while dueting with Cher. That would have put the wind right up some people sails. Can you imagine!
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my 19 yr old daughter is at university and she has better things to do with her time than watch x factor , i telephoned her to see if she was watching it , her reply was she is too busy for television of any description

but my other daughter age 13 sat and watched it with me before bed and her exact words on this subject were " i would hate to be a singer, there is no way i would want to dance around in a bikini"

we had a chat about why female singers do this and how pitiful it is

my husbands comment in one sentence says it all " sex sells"

its not what is acceptable anymore because people know in their hearts its OTT its done to get sales and money , people who prostitute themselves for money dont care

fortunately my daughter thinks they are pitiful despite the money involved

im blessed with 2 beautiful girls who dress in cute and tasteful clothing without having to demean themselves

but then ive brought them up to believe in achievement over appearance and dressing as sluts isnt part of their life plans,

i love both rhianna and christina , i dont think wearing revealing clothes as a celebrity is wrong , i just dont think all young girls are so weak as to be as influenced by this as people fear
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my 19 yr old daughter is at university and she has better things to do with her time than watch x factor , i telephoned her to see if she was watching it , her reply was she is too busy for television of any description

but my other daughter age 13 sat and watched it with me before bed and her exact words on this subject were " i would hate to be a singer, there is no way i would want to dance around in a bikini"

we had a chat about why female singers do this and how pitiful it is

my husbands comment in one sentence says it all " sex sells"

its not what is acceptable anymore because people know in their hearts its OTT its done to get sales and money , people who prostitute themselves for money dont care

fortunately my daughter thinks they are pitiful despite the money involved

im blessed with 2 beautiful girls who dress in cute and tasteful clothing without having to demean themselves

but then ive brought them up to believe in achievement over appearance and dressing as sluts isnt part of their life plans

What if they change their mind and want to become singers and dress in skimpy clothes - will you be as judgement to them as you are to others and call them "sluts".

Also are you suggesting that Christina and Rihanna haven't achieved anything and are simply "dressing as sluts"?

Why is calling women "sluts" suddenly an acceptable thing to pass on to kids these days?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jagged, i know my own children and they dont now nor would ever dress like sluts, i cant imagine that ever happening

and yes female singers dress like sluts thats my whole point

ps what you call judgemental i call being a good parent and steering my children towards being respectable adults, when they get to 18 and are adults they can dress how they please, in the meantime our family discuss lots of issues and my opinion is as valid as yours , stating an opinion is not the same as enforcing it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jagged, i know my own children and they dont now nor would ever dress like sluts, i cant imagine that ever happening

So you don't intend to teach your daughter to behave in a respectful manner towards other women?! And you feel free to judge other people and their behaviour.:rolleyes:

As for being judgemental - I was refering to the way you judged certain women as being "sluts" because of the way they dress or dance on stage. You are of course entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to say that I don't think passing on that opinion is a particularly fine parenting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    OP - get a grip. Or have your kids live in a basement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

generalizing makes life so much simpler, doesn't it. :D