UK Fattest Girl (Front of house knocked down to remove her )

Comments

• Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Toni78 wrote: »
    There is a 3rd option that begins with T.

:D Now that is amusing. I hardly think I'd have lasted since 2008 if that was the case, do you?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then let's assume any unusual behaviour is an illness.

That isn't what I said:confused:
    The problem is that Georgia came home from america and she apparently had a trainer and a gym membership but she says she stopped going because the distance to the end of her road was too long. That isn't an illness, it is out and out lazy excuse-making.

I do think that is mostly to do with her mother. Currently Georgia doesn't seem equiped mentally to deal with the unhealthy relationship she seems to have with her mother and with food.

In the USA she had no responsibility for her food, she was surrounded my people who wanted her to lose weight and there was no-ne around her that either wanted her to ramain overweight nor indifferent. There was no distraction and - as you say - no excuses.

She then comes home to a mother who gave her a fish & chip supper. She went from living in a supportive environment to living back in the destructive environment that caused her problems. Regaining weight was inevitable.

Apparently she was supposed to return to the USA but didn't because her step dad contracted lung cancer. I do wonder how much pressure was put on her by her mother - for whom she was a carer - to stay.

Had she returned to the USA perhaps she would have leaned how to deal with her underlying problems. She was 15 when she went. That is 15 years of learning bad habits - learning greed and laziness if you have to put it in pejoritive terms - and 15 years of an unhealthy co-dependant relationship developing. Is it realistic to expect her to undo a lifetime of behaviour in a few months?
  • Toni78Toni78 Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Neither. It may not have been exactly what was required, but that does not make it irrelevant, and it certainly wasn't incorrect.

Which is why I don't do it. The post seemed clear to me.

So can you provide what was required?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Neither. It may not have been exactly what was required, but that does not make it irrelevant, and it certainly wasn't incorrect.

Oh it absolutely does.

Toni asked for examples of people who find it impossible to put on weight.

You claimed you could eat what you liked without putting on weight.

If the word "liked" is restricted to "foods you like the taste of" in that sentence then you are NOT an example of what Toni was asking for and your comment was irrelevant.

If you the word "liked" means "anything you choose" then your statement is impossible.

Take your choice.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    the 1st rule of thermodynamics ALWAYS applies
    Forum Member
    To be fair, even if it is restricted to food Jane likes the taste of then the statement is still incorrect because she couldn't eat a large amount of it without putting on weight.

She loses all ends up, i'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, even if it is restricted to food Jane likes the taste of then the statement is still incorrect because she couldn't eat a large amount of it without putting on weight.

She loses all ends up, i'm afraid.

Doubtless she'd try and claim that after a certain point she no longer "likes" it.
    She'll fudge it so long as she can to try and avoid being confronted with the fact that her stance is nonsense.
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Having an illness, mental, eating order or otherwise, does not negate taking responsibility for oneself. It just means you need some additional, professional help.

If you contract a disease such as diabetes you would need to follow a diet and possibly medication regime as directed by a health care professional. The diabetes may be a result of genetics or lifestyle, or a combination of the two but regardless of how you came to contract it, you need to take responsibility to care for your self and you need to have the tools to do so.

In Georgia's case, it would seem she has an eating disorder - while there may not be a medical diagnosis released by her doctors (as is proper) she certainly ticks a far few boxes on the diagnostic criteria! As such, yes she does need to take responsibility for her health in as much as she needs seek and comply with help given - but the help that proves most helpful might be psychological to help her take responsibility rather than having responsibility for her diet taken away again - as it was in the USA.

She was raised on sugar and fat by a mother who seems to have no real interest in helping her daughter lead a normal life, a mother that it would seem Georgia has developed a co-dependant relationship with, using food in a unhealthy, controlling way.

After years of that kind of behavioural model and nothing else to counter, It would take a lot of work and a lot more inner resource than many people have on their own to break free from.

There is an amount of 'guesswork' in my post. But if we can assume someone seriously underweight who refuses to eat has an illness, I think we can also assume that someone this seriously overweight and won't stop eating has an illness.

Excellent post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    But the set of any food includes the subset of 13,000 calories of food. So you cannot eat anything you like and not put on weight. That is simply how it is. Sorry about that.:D

Have you seriously never come across a thin person who eats tons and never puts on a pound, or a fat person who struggles to shift the weight no matter what they do? Most people encounter these types just in day to day life. I'm baffled by your need for specific examples, to be honest.

Of course, anyone who eats 13,000 calories a day is going to gain weight, and anyone living in famine conditions is going to lose it. That's because those cases are extremes- there's a lot of room for manouvre within those boundaries.
    Forum Member
    Turquoise wrote: »
    Have you seriously never come across a thin person who eats tons and never puts on a pound, or a fat person who struggles to shift the weight no matter what they do? Most people encounter these types just in day to day life. I'm baffled by your need for specific examples, to be honest.

Of course, anyone who eats 13,000 calories a day is going to gain weight, and anyone living in famine conditions is going to lose it. That's because those cases are extremes- there's a lot of room for manouvre within those boundaries.

No, what I have come across is people who tell porkies. Overweight people who claim they eat salads but forget to mention the sausage butties they had as well. Or the stick thin model who insists she does eat normally but is never actually seen eating.

It is a simple equation, if you eat 3600 excess calories you will gain a pound. That is how it is, unless you can tell me a mechanism by which calories are magically passed through someones system.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, my youngest son is one of those people who seems to be able to eat anything but not put on weight - but sit next to him to watch a film and you'll soon see why - he fidgits non-stop! And if you watch him, unless he's asleep he is moving!
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People sometimes forget to tell you that they run 10k every day before breakfast.

So you see them eating a huge meal and see that they are skinny and you copy them.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    kate36 wrote: »
    why are people making excuses? she's 19, an adult in the eyes of the law and well aware of what she's doing to her body, why make excuses for her, she's eaten herself to this weight and knows full well what is going on and refuses to change her behavour, maybe this will be a wake up call for her, if she really thinks about it
    no sympathy from me
    that is what is wrong with today's society, no one is prepared to take responsibility, they just find excuses, and then expect a shed load of sympathy when it goes wrong!
    nothing new there then:rolleyes:

.... er you do realise she's been a carer for her very unbalanced and mentally ill mother since she was a little child?.... a mother who abused her by feeding her endlessly?

There are pictures from before she was 10 years old showing this.

The trip to America did help yes, but sadly there was no follow-up when she returned.

I like how you bang on about 'what is wrong with today's society'. I'll tell you one thing that's wrong - a total lack of compassion. Perhaps one ought to overhaul the devastated materialistic and disjointed communities we have as a result of the 1980s, and then we might see fewer lonely and sad people like this young woman and her mother.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    I really do wish Georgia well. I hope she can shed her deamons and live a full and happy life.

I can't for the life of me undersand anyone who would wish less for her.

Me too....and now that it's all out in the open, she probably will. I hope she gets better in every way that a person can get better - physically, mentally, emotionally... everything.

There was a good news story today about that lad who'd been kept in coal-cellar and horribly bullied by his mother and father. He's with foster parents now, and is a school captain!
    Hope Georgia can turn her life around as well :)
  • humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really don't like somene disagreeing with you do you?

Disagreement suggests that there was some form of intelligent debate happening...:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was. You should have got involved.

What exactly is unreasonable in pointing out that we have no idea if she has been diagnosed with an eating disorder or not, and therefore shouldn't assume?

By the same token we also shouldn't assume she is just lazy, greedy and stupid, eh?
  • Nox_1Nox_1 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I've read the media report, read some of this thread.

Georgia was removed to emergency care. This involved ripping down the walls of her house, erecting scaffold, all manner of emergency vehicles turning up, medics and firemen being utilised to rescue her.

An endangered anorexic is removed from their home and hospitalised without any palava. The media definitely doesn't notice, it's unlikely the neighbours would even notice. If the anorexic is lucky they'll have an ambulance turn up to take them to the hospital.

Both Georgia and the anorexic are equally at risk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't assume that.
    I said earlier that I thought she was suffering from stupidity
    She is greedy
    By being greedy and lazy and no doubt being surrounded by similar people

...and with that, I end this. You are abhorrent...and after trawling through all that I feel the need for a shower to wash it all away. *shudder*
    Forum Member
    Nox_1 wrote: »
    I've read the media report, read some of this thread.

Georgia was removed to emergency care. This involved ripping down the walls of her house, erecting scaffold, all manner of emergency vehicles turning up, medics and firemen being utilised to rescue her.

An endangered anorexic is removed from their home and hospitalised without any palava. The media definitely doesn't notice, it's unlikely the neighbours would even notice. If the anorexic is lucky they'll have an ambulance turn up to take them to the hospital.

Both Georgia and the anorexic are equally at risk.

But why are anorexics sometimes sectioned but obese people aren't?
    Forum Member
    Thank you for having the courage to say exactly what I was feeling. :)

So, unable to discuss the issues with me in a civil manner, you simply endorse posts that abuse me with accusations that i'm a c u next tuesday, an idiot and a troll. I think that says it all.
  • Nox_1Nox_1 Posts: 445
    Forum Member

Good question that I can't answer. I was trying to point out that Georgia had a lot more resources and coverage than an anorexic would have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I have just sat and read through this whole thread - simply cannot believe some of the comments "take responsibility" "no sympathy" "tax payers" Well I am a tax payer and I have great sympathy for this poor girl. She is causing great harm to herself - I repeat herself. As for the remark about paying for the fire brigade .... I have no sympathy if someone gets into a car drunk, injures or kills themselves and others and fire brigade called, no sympathy for someone who decides to climb hills in bad weather and puts recuers lives at risk and costs a fortune to rescue. But the difference is of course they are not fat - what is about someone being fat that releases such vile comments but any other condition which affects both sufferer and others round them is accepted. Some of you should hang your heads in shame.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It might be because it will be a lot quicker for an anorexic to die than it will be for someone to become obese enough to finally die. You'd have to gain a LOT of weight for your organs to be crushed under the weight of your fat.
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I clicked on this thread, with gritted teeth and nervous anticipation, and when I realised there wasn't a photo or discussion about my ex, I relaxed :D
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just sat and read through this whole thread - simply cannot believe some of the comments "take responsibility" "no sympathy" "tax payers" Well I am a tax payer and I have great sympathy for this poor girl. She is causing great harm to herself - I repeat herself. As for the remark about paying for the fire brigade .... I have no sympathy if someone gets into a car drunk, injures or kills themselves and others and fire brigade called, no sympathy for someone who decides to climb hills in bad weather and puts recuers lives at risk and costs a fortune to rescue. But the difference is of course they are not fat - what is about someone being fat that releases such vile comments but any other condition which affects both sufferer and others round them is accepted. Some of you should hang your heads in shame.

perhaps when you can learn to enter into a debate without making personal remarks
    some of us might actually care