Anyone else not care and has no act they like.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    If, in this instance, your patter "rank" refers to the urban word for disgusting, nasty, ugly, gross, etc, then you need to explain what you have a problem with or explain your alternative use of the word "rank".

You are not making yourself clear.

Whereas I, with the use of the German salutation "Herr", am being very specific, but then I have quite some knowledge and experience of that heritage, history and outcomes.

Do you need it explaining? Can I help?

oh please do... please, please do. sanctimonious much?
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malkay wrote: »
    oh please do... please, please do. sanctimonious much?

Thank you. Really appreciate that response to my question about your question. :)
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup it's a poor year. Given that it can take a good 12 months for a proper album and single to be produced/released, do you think you'll still care about any of the 3 acts in that time? That's the problem with this show. It's understandable it takes time to get the songs together for an album, but people have short memories. Fans will be caught up in the next big thing, whilst saying Fleur who?
    Forum Member
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Thank you. Really appreciate that response to my question about your question. :)

to answer your question about my question, "rank" means awful without having to revert to the urban dictionary. I thought that you all-knowing, peerless people on here, may have known this :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    To get back to the original point of this thread, I agree with most of the posters, that this wasn't a great year for stand-out contestants and what we have left are three who leave me fairly cold. I've heard little of a great voice from Fleur, she's all packaging and dancing though on her last song on Saturday there was a hint of something good. Ben, good unusual voice but couldn't listen to too much of it. Andrea - warbling and patchy and getting a bit boring.
    No, this is the first X Factor where I'm thinking maybe it's time they gave the show a rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can you not 'understand me'? typical anglo retort to scottish speak

to simplify, what you chaps would classify as "witty bants" or whatever nonsense, "patter" is another dialect's take on the same definition.

to repeat, this "herr scowell" patter is rank.

:confused:????? What?

Have not got a clue what you are wittering on about mate and I am a Geordie, i am therefore not a chap. Feel free to entertain yourself though and fire away. The point of the thread was straightforward and self explanatory, if you think it is a great series with outstanding talent then that is fine, however I was taking the opportunity to voice my thoughts and ask if anyone else concurred. How that turns into patter or can be seen as whatever it is you seem to want to twist it into is beyond me but there you go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mattpaint wrote: »
    To get back to the original point of this thread, I agree with most of the posters, that this wasn't a great year for stand-out contestants and what we have left are three who leave me fairly cold. I've heard little of a great voice from Fleur, she's all packaging and dancing though on her last song on Saturday there was a hint of something good. Ben, good unusual voice but couldn't listen to too much of it. Andrea - warbling and patchy and getting a bit boring.
    No, this is the first X Factor where I'm thinking maybe it's time they gave the show a rest.

Yeah me too.
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care, I do hope Andrea wins though. Paul is my winner and I know he is going to go far. Fix factor did him a favour. #soulmanforever
    Forum Member
    PAL65 wrote: »
    :confused:????? What?

Have not got a clue what you are wittering on about mate and I am a Geordie, i am therefore not a chap. Feel free to entertain yourself though and fire away. The point of the thread was straightforward and self explanatory, if you think it is a great series with outstanding talent then that is fine, however I was taking the opportunity to voice my thoughts and ask if anyone else concurred. How that turns into patter or can be seen as whatever it is you seem to want to twist it into is beyond me but there you go!

I wouldn't say I was attempting to entertain myself or any of the joyless others on here, all I was saying was that the constant use of this 'herr scowell' guff is annoying. it really is not that difficult if you actually read the comments.

anyway op, the only acts that stood out for me were Fleur, Paul and Lola (her - pre live shows). the rest were average. still better talent than last year, which I turned off half way through the season. it has been an ordinary series
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say I was attempting to entertain myself or any of the joyless others on here, all I was saying was that the constant use of this 'herr scowell' guff is annoying. it really is not that difficult if you actually read the comments.

anyway op, the only acts that stood out for me were Fleur, Paul and Lola (her - pre live shows). the rest were average. still better talent than last year, which I turned off half way through the season. it has been an ordinary series

Very true mate.