Ronnie Wood and One Direction

Comments

• greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's looking pretty good for nearly one hundred and ten then.

It's all the sex,drugs and roll and roll :)
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After taking a quick glance at twitter and tumblr, most of the fans seem to either be questioning who he is, berating him for ruining their performance, or going insane because Harry wore a shirt with flamingos on it.

That's not what I see at all...
    The fans just seem happy. They liked the performance, and are happy that 1D got to sing with such a prestigious musician.

But yes, the flamingo shirt is also a hot topic ;-)
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Why does the Irish one pretend he can play the guitar?
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Can't slag Ronnie Wood, hes had a better life than all of us !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twss wrote: »
    Never underestimate a Rolling Stone's love of money. Absolute sellout prick.

Well said.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should educate her he's from a credible band who write their own songs and play their own instruments unlike 1d

Get your facts straight will ya? Check the credits on their amazing new album.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    Get your facts straight will ya? Check the credits on their amazing new album.

Ask Gary Barlow about songwriters who sell their songwriting royalties to popstars
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    His guitar had more personality than the five directioners together. Legend.

He was brilliant, put them to shame and he didn't even have to sing. :D
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG - the rolling stones used to be so cool (although in fairness Ronnie was a late blow in and was never cool) that was just cringe! :blush:

Would the One Direction possie even know who he is?! :confused:

I think that you will find that Harry has got to know some of the Stones, especially Ronnie and he hangs out with them, especially Ronnie!
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG - the rolling stones used to be so cool (although in fairness Ronnie was a late blow in and was never cool) that was just cringe! :blush:

Would the One Direction possie even know who he is?! :confused:

I doubt it remember the silly girl burning her One Direction ticket. After they admitted using drugs while wearing a Rolling Stones top. :D
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Ask Gary Barlow about songwriters who sell their songwriting royalties to popstars

Thank you
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't have to. 100% on this. Those boys have most definitely delivered on this album.:)

Check out this masterpiece. I don't know how old you are, but if you were around in the 80s, you should be able to appreciate this.:p

http://youtu.be/nGYyTw9RIa8
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People shouldn't be too shocked Ronnie Wood was on with them last night, he attended their movie premiere back in 2013 and Harry has hung out with Mick a lot.
    Why does the Irish one pretend he can play the guitar?

Because he can, learned to play long before he joined 1D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXURsTc_7VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quETUM4aikM

bryemycaz wrote: »
    I doubt it remember the silly girl burning her One Direction ticket. After they admitted using drugs while wearing a Rolling Stones top. :D

Did you fall for that too? It was a reprintable paper ticket and she was mocking all the melodrama flying around twitter and tumblr.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His finest moment since he had a scrap with Brandon Block at the BRITS
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a 1D fan, but I thought they sounded pretty good. Ronnie Wood is looking good too.

As for calling Ronnie a "sellout prick", calm down. He's not hurting anyone and he looked like he had fun. People who call musicians sellouts take everything way too seriously. Maybe they don't need to follow ridiculous rules made up by strangers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I'm not a 1D fan, but I thought they sounded pretty good. Ronnie Wood is looking good too.

As for calling Ronnie a "sellout prick", calm down. He's not hurting anyone and he looked like he had fun. People who call musicians sellouts take everything way too seriously. Maybe they don't need to follow ridiculous rules made up by strangers?

:D
    Aye right if you are into the geriatric alkie with bronzer and mullet look.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PAL65 wrote: »
    :D
    Aye right if you are into the geriatric alkie with bronzer and mullet look.

In all fairness, I was expecting a dug up corpse look :D
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's who it was!!!! I thought it was the childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang just doing his duty, though on closer inspection yes it's good old Ron. You could bottle that geezer "Clinically dead since 1978". He started out as a scarecrow y'know, but he never gave up on his dreams....
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are crap live so I wouldn't judge them by that and they don't write their own songs maybe the odd line but that's it , and if they play their own instruments why don't they then on their songs ?

It took the Stones 4 albums before they wrote all the songs. The Stones were known as an R n'B covers band in the early days.

I thought it was a great song whoever wrote it. And a great performance better than any of the XF finalists.
  • Amy76Amy76 Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised by them - they looked and sounded better than they have in ages. They looked to be enjoying themselves and they seemed to be more engaged in their performance. Usually they look miserable and like they don't want to be there. Maybe they don't enjoy performing the dreary ballads and are happier with the style of song sang last night. I am not a fan at all but I thought they did well and looked a lot more professional than normal.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not old enough to know who Ronnie Wood is!
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Denise wrote: »
    They are far from crap live but it wouldn't matter what they were to do for those prejudiced against them.

There are many legiondary performers over the years not known for their song writing or instrument playing. Instruments are rather restrictive on stage.

I saw them at Wembley and they were brilliant, I can't wait to see them again in Manchester in October. You are right - Frank Sinatra didn't write his own songs or play an instrument. Harry in particular I believe is a great fan of The Beatles and Stones,. I loved the performance they all looked like they were having a really good time. I'm not a young fan either. :-)
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayn's hair looked ridiculous.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    They are far from crap live but it wouldn't matter what they were to do for those prejudiced against them.

There are many legiondary performers over the years not known for their song writing or instrument playing. Instruments are rather restrictive on stage.

Probably not restrictive if you are a guitar band! They don't hinder U2 or AC/DC all that much. Slightly different for a boy band I guess.

Still I am not a 1D detractor, I think 1D are good, they are also good for Anglo/Irish music and probably the most exciting thing in that whole, overlong show.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    Zayn's hair looked ridiculous.

I'm an old granny but I thought Zayn looked rather delicious on Sunday night:blush: