Options

Katie Hopkins

Comments

• Options
    AhamPremaAhamPrema Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    I think Katie knew she'd gone too far with her tweet about Justine Miliband as she when was asked directly about it in an interview she doesn't address it and deflects onto insulting Ed and vowing to leave the country if he's elected PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWadqweMr7o. I didn't take it as intentionally anti-semitic but it showed a distinct lack of judgement to make such a tasteless "joke" and it would have been better to have taken the opportunity to apologise for any offence caused rather than act like a naughty child who's been caught out. She may not be serious about a lot of what she tweets, she may just think they are "funny" lines but they tend to be at the expense of the more vulnerable or marginalised members of society and it's worrying that some of her followers see her as a heroic truth-teller. Of course I also find it repugnant if she or her family are threatened because of what she's said because I want to live in a tolerant society.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not think a comment like that can be accidental.

As for JSP being interviewed by Katie Hopkins, why would someone like her want to be interviewed on a channel that nobody watches, she is bigger than that. And unlike Katie, she is a true success.
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Cant wait to see Katie the puppet on wed on Newzoids
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    I agree. I'd love to see her do a chat show. And i bet any money that it'd be a real ratings winner. I think that even all the people that don't like her would still want to watch it, for the car crash tv effect!

I'd have to be in the studio audience though if her first guest was to be Janet Street Porter....:):)

Although I doubt anyone would risk it going out live, but we can but hope....;-)

Nope, sorry. Not me. Seen and heard enough. She had the chance to show herself in a more multidimensional context on CBB and failed, so a chat show is hardly going to change my view of her. She will be briefed to be provocative and controversial and she'll rise to it without difficulty. Very predictable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    I can't agree with that statement, I don't think people like her should be allowed to say just whatever they like without any consequences. What about people who incite violence, or race hatred by the things they say. Some people just haven't got a filter, so they should be made to see that they can't just go around spewing hatred.

No, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. What I meant is that people with big mouths like hers shouldn't be receiving death threats or be subject to violence- and especially not her family- because of their views, especially if they are not actually telling others to go out and commit violence. If she oversteps that line (incitement to violence or hate crime), then it constitutes an offence and should be punishable by law, not a vengeful individual or angry mob. She's just a low-rent tabloid gobshite, nothing more. There should indeed be consequences to what she says but that should take the form of either ignoring/ 'boycotting' her or fighting back with words, not physical threats and acts.

This is what I was getting at earlier when I said that the only way she can really go to 'up the stakes', now, is to do that very thing- to go too far with her bile. In some ways I hope she does and eventually finds herself in a court of law. I think she's grown to believe she's fairly untouchable and it would be great to see her properly brought down a peg. I can honestly say, though, that I wouldn't take any real pleasure or satisfaction in her seeing being subject to a physical attack.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    I do not think a comment like that can be accidental.

As for JSP being interviewed by Katie Hopkins, why would someone like her want to be interviewed on a channel that nobody watches, she is bigger than that. And unlike Katie, she is a true success.
    I don't know if the chat show is actually going to go ahead, or what channel it would be on, but the reason why I said it'd be brilliant tv to have JSP on being interviewed by KH is simply because of the fued that now exists between them,

And I think if people were honest, JSP isn't the most popular of celebrities anyway, and therefore as much as people would love to see KH being humbled etc, I daresay there'll be equal numbers just as happy to see JSP stuck for words!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    No, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. What I meant is that people with big mouths like hers shouldn't be receiving death threats or be subject to violence- and especially not her family- because of their views, especially if they are not actually telling others to go out and commit violence. If she oversteps that line (incitement to violence or hate crime), then it constitutes an offence and should be punishable by law, not a vengeful individual or angry mob. She's just a low-rent tabloid gobshite, nothing more. There should indeed be consequences to what she says but that should take the form of either ignoring/ 'boycotting' her or fighting back with words, not physical threats and acts.

This is what I was getting at earlier when I said that the only way she can really go to 'up the stakes', now, is to do that very thing- to go too far with her bile. In some ways I hope she does and eventually finds herself in a court of law. I think she's grown to believe she's fairly untouchable and it would be great to see her properly brought down a peg. I can honestly say, though, that I wouldn't take any real pleasure or satisfaction in her seeing being subject to a physical attack.

I have to say though, that the people that are undoubtedly out there ( most likely on twitter right now....) that would actually like to see KH be physically harmed, well, maybe it's those people who have got the bigger problem?

I agree with you in the fact that whatever she says, then of course she should get it back again, as long as it's verbal.

But I just can't imagine being so offended and angry at her because she's said something which is nothing to do with me, that I would wish her to be beaten up etc, and the worrying thing is that there are loads of people that probably wish that to happen to her. And to me, it's just a complete OTT reaction.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say though, that the people that are undoubtedly out there ( most likely on twitter right now....) that would actually like to see KH be physically harmed, well, maybe it's those people who have got the bigger problem?

I agree with you in the fact that whatever she says, then of course she should get it back again, as long as it's verbal.

But I just can't imagine being so offended and angry at her because she's said something which is nothing to do with me, that I would wish her to be beaten up etc, and the worrying thing is that there are loads of people that probably wish that to happen to her. And to me, it's just a complete OTT reaction.

Well said. Proportionality and finding a punishment that fits the crime. Personally I think people forgetting who she is would probably fit the bill. Physically hurting her would give her more attention and make her the victim she thinks she is. Not being in the press every day and people walking past her without a second glance for the rest of her existence on the other hand would hurt a narcissist like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well said. Proportionality and finding a punishment that fits the crime. Personally I think people forgetting who she is would probably fit the bill. Physically hurting her would give her more attention and make her the victim she thinks she is. Not being in the press every day and people walking past her without a second glance for the rest of her existence on the other hand would hurt a narcissist like that.
    Although I can't imagine people ignoring KH.....At least not for a while.

I've just got this feeling that even though a lot of people claim to hate her, it seems that everyone will still click on, listen, look at (whatever form of media she's on) to what she's got to say....

Maybe it's because there are very few verbally outspoken, controversial celebrity types in the media today? I don't know.

But I'd bet that if tomorrow on a front page of any newspaper, it had the headline "Look inside at what Katie Hopkins has done/said now..!!!" etc etc, there'll be a huge number who'll buy it, either because they like her, or are curious, and even the haters will buy it, because it does seem we all want to hear what she says.....

If only to keep Twitter and this forums alive! ;-)
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I didn't used to mind her . These days I find her less palatable . Sometimes she will actually say something I'd completely agree with and do it in a way most people would never dare . She still manages one or two things I agree with but more often than not I just want to gag her these days. She has evolved in precisely the way a temperamental hormonal teenager does, constantly trying to push your acceptance levels by getting more and more outrageous just to see how much is too much .I find it funny that despite being hated and not winning CBB she is still the one who has gained most from that appearance . She seems to be everywhere and now with talk of her own shows she has used CBB to the max while the others have faded away .She could never be called beige , that's for sure .
    I would definitely watch a talk show hosted by her . She's outspoken enough to dig deep and ask questions others never would dream of asking and I prefer that to soft and fluffy repetitive interviews that offer nothing new . I might be throwing things at the telly , but I doubt I'd be bored .
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    That will never ever happen though . She is too box-office these days .
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    looks like Phil and This Morning are keeping her at arms length
    shes not been on there since cel bi bro
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member

Sorry, I misunderstood, but you certainly hit the nail on the head there, that is exactly what she is, and I certainly won't be watching any chat programme that she's presenting.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    Although I can't imagine people ignoring KH.....At least not for a while.

I've just got this feeling that even though a lot of people claim to hate her, it seems that everyone will still click on, listen, look at (whatever form of media she's on) to what she's got to say....

Maybe it's because there are very few verbally outspoken, controversial celebrity types in the media today? I don't know.

But I'd bet that if tomorrow on a front page of any newspaper, it had the headline "Look inside at what Katie Hopkins has done/said now..!!!" etc etc, there'll be a huge number who'll buy it, either because they like her, or are curious, and even the haters will buy it, because it does seem we all want to hear what she says.....

If only to keep Twitter and this forums alive! ;-)

'Everyone will click on...', 'we all want to hear...'? ^ Are you on a wind-up? :D

Speaking only for myself (but suspecting I'm speaking on behalf of most people with a brain and an inate contempt for Hopkins' brand of cretinous stupidity), the only place I come across her, post CBB, is on here and I think it's safe to say that she is as relevant as the whitefly I zapped from a plant over the weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    Sorry, I misunderstood, but you certainly hit the nail on the head there, that is exactly what she is, and I certainly won't be watching any chat programme that she's presenting.

:) Me neither. I know I'm letting myself down by even contributing to this thread, lol! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :) Me neither. I know I'm letting myself down by even contributing to this thread, lol! :D

I feel the same way but It's hard to not comment when posters suggest that she's relevant and a force to be reckoned with.

In her trolling dreams. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel the same way but It's hard to not comment when posters suggest that she's relevant and a force to be reckoned with.

In her trolling dreams. :)

*Raises a glass to viva.espana*
    Yup!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Raises a glass to viva.espana*
    Yup!

*raises one back at you and toasts to sanity and the real world.* :cool:
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *raises one back at you and toasts to sanity and the real world.* :cool:

:D:D
    I cannot stand the woman,I only came back to look on this thread as it was so near the top so I wondered what had she done now as I wouldn't watch anything with her in,nor do I ever come across her tweets only the time someone had retweeted Danny Dyers tweets lately that I looked and realised there was one more celeb she had upset,^_^

The woman is ridiculous yet very predictable and her Twitter fanatics are just as bad (from seeing what tweets Danny Dyer was getting) :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'Everyone will click on...', 'we all want to hear...'? ^ Are you on a wind-up? :D

Speaking only for myself (but suspecting I'm speaking on behalf of most people with a brain and an inate contempt for Hopkins' brand of cretinous stupidity), the only place I come across her, post CBB, is on here and I think it's safe to say that she is as relevant as the whitefly I zapped from a plant over the weekend.
    Although............you have to admit, you yourself have still clicked on a Katie Hopkins thread....... :blush::blush:;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't used to mind her . These days I find her less palatable . Sometimes she will actually say something I'd completely agree with and do it in a way most people would never dare . She still manages one or two things I agree with but more often than not I just want to gag her these days. She has evolved in precisely the way a temperamental hormonal teenager does, constantly trying to push your acceptance levels by getting more and more outrageous just to see how much is too much .I find it funny that despite being hated and not winning CBB she is still the one who has gained most from that appearance . She seems to be everywhere and now with talk of her own shows she has used CBB to the max while the others have faded away .She could never be called beige , that's for sure .
    I would definitely watch a talk show hosted by her . She's outspoken enough to dig deep and ask questions others never would dream of asking and I prefer that to soft and fluffy repetitive interviews that offer nothing new . I might be throwing things at the telly , but I doubt I'd be bored .

This is how I feel as well. :)

I can't remember the last time I watched an interview and it was exciting....:(

Contrary to what people say on here, (and maybe I'm wrong, it has been known....) I'd bet that if suddenly she were to have a chat show on BBC1 primetime on a weeknight, then the ratings would be sky high.

Not because they'd all be fans of hers, but I think a lot of people do have a morbid curiousity with her and in spite of theirselves would want to know what she'd ask, say, come across, and especially if her guests were those that she'd had "spats" with before....
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although............you have to admit, you yourself have still clicked on a Katie Hopkins thread....... :blush::blush:;-)

To be fair, if we only clicked on threads of people that we liked and/or admired it would be a pretty dull, convoluted forum.

I think she's about as welcome and relevant as a clown at a funeral, and really, she's just an 'upmarket' Josie Cunningham. There's no originality or intelligence in any of her ramblings; it's all done for clickbait.

Anyone could do what she does - it's not rocket science.

And really, any chat show that she presented would be nothing like the tripe she spouts on Twitter - it feasibly couldn't be. Would they have some imams from the local mosque on for her to berate? Some fat, ginger, scots? A few palestinians? A spokesperson from MIND so she could argue pitch and toss about despression being a fallacy? No, of course they bloody wouldn't. Foe one thing she wouldn't have the guts to spout all this nonsense in person and for another it would be career suicide for her and any channel that produced it.

It would essentially be a lot of watered down guff and about as interesting as a fart in a colander.
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    She is on LBC on Sunday - 1000 until Midday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, if we only clicked on threads of people that we liked and/or admired it would be a pretty dull, convoluted forum.

I think she's about as welcome and relevant as a clown at a funeral, and really, she's just an 'upmarket' Josie Cunningham. There's no originality or intelligence in any of her ramblings; it's all done for clickbait.

And really, any chat show that she presented would be nothing like the tripe she spouts on Twitter - it feasibly couldn't be. Would they have some imams from the local mosque on for her to berate? Some fat, ginger, scots? A few palestinians? A spokesperson from MIND so she could argue pitch and toss about despression being a fallacy? No, of course they bloody wouldn't. Foe one thing she wouldn't have the guts to spout all this nonsense in person and for another it would be career suicide for her and any channel that produced it.

It would essentially be a lot of watered down guff and about as interesting as a fart in a colander.

As usual, well put, Pru!
    Now that would make an interesting chat show- put her up against those she has berated. I can't help thinking, though, that even if it happened she would insist on editorial control and it would be manipulated in her favour. I would maybe tilt an ear to anything where she is confronted with someone knowledgeable and with good articulacy, someone who can bat back her words with force.
  • Options
    Forum Member

BIB - Point taken.

But just to be sure..............you don't like her then :D

Of course thinking about it, there would be no way a chat show like that could exist. The guests that would want to go on it, would purely agree so they could have a fight on air with KH, and that sort of format would get stale very quickly.

I think she's too controversial for BBC or ITV, maybe Channel 4 would be better....

Though for me, I'd much prefer her to front a debate show as opposed to a chat show, as with a chat show, she'd have to be "nice" and because that isn't her front or what she's known for, it would just sink....

It's a shame she can't go back on This Morning, I did enjoy her debates she used to have with that journalist woman (can't remember her name now).
This discussion has been closed.