JLS @ Number 1

yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
Forum Member
Love You More now number 1 - making it 4 number 1's for them... now beating Leona who I think has 3 same as Alexandra :)

Sales

1. JLS 118,551
2 Take That 87,453

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is a fantastic song and a fantastic cause :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexandra has 4 number ones?
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    MeeZee wrote: »
    Alexandra has 4 number ones?

Bad Boys, SWY, Halleljuah

That is all
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Leona and Alex destroy them in terms of actual singles sales though—which labels care about more than flash-in-the-pan number ones which plummet down the charts. (Though their album sales are very good, which is really the thing labels prioritise above all—chart peaks are irrelevant.)
    Forum Member
    rombod wrote: »
    Leona and Alex destroy them in terms of actual singles sales though—which labels care about more than flash-in-the-pan number ones which plummet down the charts. (Though their album sales are very good, which is really the thing labels prioritise above all—chart peaks are irrelevant.)

JLS did beat both Alex and Leona's last album sales (where it was released ie UK/ Ireland)

I'm not getting into a stupid sales debate - they have statisically had more number 1's
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    It's for charity, so good for them. :)
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    JLS did beat both Alex and Leona's last album sales (where it was released ie UK/ Ireland)

I'm not getting into a stupid sales debate - they have statisically had more number 1's

I just said their album sales were very good? I'm not really debating, just stating that record lables care more about sales than peaks.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's dreadful, very undeserving. If i was driving past them at some point, believe me i would be tempted to ram them down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's dreadful, very undeserving. If i was driving past them at some point, believe me i would be tempted to ram them down.

A charity single is undeserving? Wow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the song and it's for a very good cause so I'm happy cos of that mainly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the song is lovely i'm happy they got a number 1
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats guys :) Love the song aswell!!!
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah wait til the new kids on the block get started one d. Better looking and younger.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they don't care about the charity, they got another number 1, that's all they care about. :) And its just another way of getting to number 1, by using a charity.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member

My thoughts entirely.

And as to who has had most number one's, JLS tend to release two singles before the album is released compared to Leona and Alex who release one. The exception to this being 'Run'.
    they don't care about the charity, they got another number 1, that's all they care about. And its just another way of getting to number 1, by using a charity.

You know them do you?

You read some mean-spirited posts on this forum, this being one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaggedcat wrote: »
    ah wait til the new kids on the block get started one d. Better looking and younger.

No competition at all :eek:
    they don't care about the charity, they got another number 1, that's all they care about. :) And its just another way of getting to number 1, by using a charity.

So you know them and their motivations then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    My thoughts entirely.

And as to who has had most number one's, JLS tend to release two singles before the album is released compared to Leona and Alex who release one. The exception to this being 'Run'.

People always seem to forget about this detail, JLS stick to the same strategy year in year out. All of thier singles apart from Beat Again have been one week number 1s, maybe you should look at that fact as well.
    Forum Member
    People always seem to forget about this detail, JLS stick to the same strategy year in year out. All of thier singles apart from Beat Again have been one week number 1s, maybe you should look at that fact as well.

To be fair 'the same stratagey' - they've had 5 singles?

As to 1 week number 1's - they're fine so long as they're backed up by strong sales in the long run - which most of em have been - even when having sold over 1 million cpoies of their album.

Probably better than their last single limping into the charts at 14 after half the sales
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I'm surprised that a charity single reaching Number 1 is causing so much debate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    To be fair 'the same stratagey' - they've had 5 singles?

As to 1 week number 1's - they're fine so long as they're backed up by strong sales in the long run - which most of em have been - even when having sold over 1 million cpoies of their album.

Probably better than their last single limping into the charts at 14 after half the sales

Yes i see where your comming from but i would bet money on the same thing happening next year a single in July then another in November along side the album it is a sure proof plan to get those four number 1s and if Alexandra and maybe Leona used that stratagey then im sure they would have had the same amount or more number 1 singles than JLS!

And i agree with you they have sold alot, i was just comparing them to Alexandra and Leona's number 1 singles thats all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Luck guys see you next week Monday at the AECC can't wait.
  • GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if this wasn't the CIN song it wouldn't be No.1, it's a pile of shite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotham wrote: »

You do understand that JLS have got a massive fanbase and all but one of their singles has reached number one?
  • y0david6y0david6 Posts: 4,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotham wrote: »

totally agree
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay well done boys!!