The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,014
    Forum Member
    hello darlings...I couldnt find the office and car park keys to night and spent ages looking for them in my car in the dark in the rain....found them eventually so had two choc lolly things tonight
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hello darlings...I couldnt find the office and car park keys to night and spent ages looking for them in my car in the dark in the rain....found them eventually so had two choc lolly things tonight

did you have the lollies to celebrate finding them or to console yourself for having to look in the rainy dark

or was it one for each ?

either way - yum

and thanks for the cake bats - been a tough day but the stick sweetness made it all better

note to self - up the fruit loop tablets - :eek:
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Hi peeps. Just dropping in.
  • SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wotcha jra, long time no see. :)

Evening all. Yup, hugs are good here too. I'm celebrating having written up my first observation as an independent consultant. :) Go me :cool:

Now have to submit invoice for same... feels weird. :confused:

Think I might grab an early night instead - busy day tomorrow :)

(((((((((((((((((((((Grumpies))))))))))))))))))))
    Forum Member
    Sadperson wrote: »
    Wotcha jra, long time no see. :)

Evening all. Yup, hugs are good here too. I'm celebrating having written up my first observation as an independent consultant. :) Go me :cool:

Now have to submit invoice for same... feels weird. :confused:

Think I might grab an early night instead - busy day tomorrow :)

(((((((((((((((((((((Grumpies))))))))))))))))))))

What are you an independent consultant in?

I was in IT for a while.
  • LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member
    hi again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    What are you an independent consultant in?

I was in IT for a while.
    I'm in education so I don't tend to go into too much detail on here for obvious reasons :cool: but 'advisory teacher' about covers it - broadly speaking.
    There's probably more money in IT :D
    LuckyM2012 wrote: »
    hi again

Hi :)

Am just home, have stuffed my face with pizza as Mr Sad is out for dinner. Rant: the m-i-l rang just now. She 'has some bad news' but she won't tell me until she has told him. He's not back till gone nine and she's off out until ten, so I am left wondering who's died. :rolleyes: Bloody woman :mad:
    Forum Member
    I'm in education so I don't tend to go into too much detail on here for obvious reasons :cool: but 'advisory teacher' about covers it - broadly speaking.

Hi :)

Am just home, have stuffed my face with pizza as Mr Sad is out for dinner. Rant: the m-i-l rang just now. She 'has some bad news' but she won't tell me until she has told him. He's not back till gone nine and she's off out until ten, so I am left wondering who's died. :rolleyes: Bloody woman :mad:

awww no hopefull thsi virtual *hug* makes you feel better :)

hey i'm lucky not really wish I could change my name :o
    Forum Member

No worries. I was just asking, as I'm thinking about going back into IT consultancy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No worries. I was just asking, as I'm thinking about going back into IT consultancy.

What are you doing now? From what I'm told IT consultancy pays well and there's a good demand - sounds like a no-brainer to me.

That's not to say that if I had the offer of a permanent job doing what I do now, I wouldn't grab it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LuckyM2012 wrote: »
    awww no hopefull thsi virtual *hug* makes you feel better :)

hey i'm lucky not really wish I could change my name :o

I think you can... contact forum support and ask. Mind you I'm not really as Sad as I pretend to be :p
    Forum Member
    I think you can... contact forum support and ask. Mind you I'm not really as Sad as I pretend to be :p

hmm i guess it's ok then :D:D gettting used to people calling me Lucky now, thank you and night :D
    Forum Member
    What are you doing now? From what I'm told IT consultancy pays well and there's a good demand - sounds like a no-brainer to me.

That's not to say that if I had the offer of a permanent job doing what I do now, I wouldn't grab it :D

At the moment, a landlord, as in having tenants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment, a landlord, as in having tenants.

Push the boat out and do both :D I am ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,475
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all :)

Can we have a generally happy cheer for the fact it's a Friday... and ten minutes to half term starting... and that I go on holiday on Monday and haven't done a single thing to organise or prepare? :eek:

But did I mention it's Friday... and as m'lord has no footie tomorrow morning in the arse-end of anywhere I shall most be quaffing a glass (or two) of wine this evening... once I've convinced himself to chauffeur aforementioned lord to football training tonight that is :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I'm in favour of crushing ice and opening my bottle of JD Honey ...except I have to drive tomorrow morning :o

TFIF. :cool: :D
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    In that case I'm just going to say cheers. My rather large PG is looking good and it's not the first one that's tempted me with its cool loveliness tonight.. :cool:

Happy holidays Collette. :)
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Utterly cream crackered. Don't dare do hugs, I'll fall asleep right there and you'll have some explaining to do. ;)
    Forum Member
    Personally I'm in favour of crushing ice and opening my bottle of JD Honey ...except I have to drive tomorrow morning :o

TFIF. :cool: :D

Was looking at that in Asda tonight and very tempted... didn't succumb just yet but it's merely a matter of time!! :o
    batgirl wrote: »
    In that case I'm just going to say cheers. My rather large PG is looking good and it's not the first one that's tempted me with its cool loveliness tonight.. :cool:

Happy holidays Collette. :)

Fank you - Home from the dreaded footie training (and dropping m'lord off at his friend's house!) and finally working out with a box of SB! Special offer at the aforementioned posh store... how could I possibly resist?!
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Utterly cream crackered. Don't dare do hugs, I'll fall asleep right there and you'll have some explaining to do. ;)

Haha as long as there's no slobber KJ I'm sure it's all good :D

And for tomorrow I have scheduled a lie in - knowing full well I'll be awake from 6am because I don't need to be :rolleyes: :D
    Forum Member
    And was just wondering if perhaps this could ever replace PG/SB?!

Nah, probably not :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love everyone :D

God, this stuff is lush. :o Hic. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    I love everyone :D

God, this stuff is lush. :o Hic. :p

Gah - now I wish I'd just bloody well bought it!! But I have discounted wine... only in Asda do they sell boxed wine cheap :D
  • handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope everyone's flu feels better... :D

It's crisis time a bit here - my sis-in-law is very poorly in hospital following what the hopickle have referred to as "a bleed on the brain"; she's had an op which has gone well but is under sedation, so they won't know what's what till they take her out from under in a couple of days.

Luckily she was at work in the hospital itself when it happened so she got to the right place straight away, which can only be a good thing.

I'm texting jokes to my brother, who's at the hospital with her, my Dad is looking after their kids and we're all waiting... some vibes would be very much appreciated!

Thought I'd tell you all so you'd know where I was if I vanished for a bit...
    Forum Member
    Oh Handy how awful - I think the texting jokes is a fine plan right now :)

Sending lots of vibes in her/your direction for a speedy recovery xx