Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One funny side effect of the BBC Breakfast interview - somehow the story has got warped that the Jeds' fourth album is titled Luminous! Oh well, perhaps it will lead to non-fans discovering the Young Love album! :D
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the tweet from their record producer for their past two albums:

https://twitter.com/abeautifulnoise/status/364660416619622402
    Watching @planetjedward on @BBCBreakfast saying they wrote the songs on their new album Can't wait to hear it. #MoreTalentThan PeopleThink
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »

That's fabby!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jedfact: Gordon Charlton is married to Yvie Burnett, the former vocal coach on the X Factor who was also well aware of the Jeds's talents and potential! :D
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 have just tweeted that Jedward will be on there playing Innuendo Bingo at 09:45 tomorrow. I suppose it's too much to hope for that they'll play one of their songs as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting! I had suspected that Louis wasn't as involved in things as he had been. Are we assuming that the management work is now being done by the Jeds and Momma Jedward?
    That seems so. We don't know if it's temporary or definite, but seems they're doing all the networking now. The e-mail in their Twitter bio seems a hint for that.

I remember a link on Twitter (sorry I can't remember who tweeted it, but I'm sure it was a member of this forum) of a English singer who had started doing all his networking with his manager after being dumped by 2 record labels. I think he has written songs for 1D. He said that the only difference is that now he and his manager have to deal with all the work e-mails and that's really time consuming.
    That'd explain why Susanna quit her old job and why the twins are less online nowadays.

That's really nice of him. Almost all the people who have worked with the twins highlight their talent and good work ethic. When they say it publicly it's always welcome.
    Jedfact: Gordon Charlton is married to Yvie Burnett, the former vocal coach on the X Factor who was also well aware of the Jeds's talents and potential! :D
    wow, nice one!
    dechecho wrote: »
    Radio 1 have just tweeted that Jedward will be on there playing Innuendo Bingo at 09:45 tomorrow. I suppose it's too much to hope for that they'll play one of their songs as well?
    What's this Innuendo Bingo about? sounds like fun. But I wouldn't expect Radio 1 to play any of their songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's this Innuendo Bingo about? sounds like fun. But I wouldn't expect Radio 1 to play any of their songs.

In a nutshell: "Mouth full of water, double entendre audio, try not to laugh and spit the water out"

This explains everything! http://playingbingo.co.uk/2013/08/07/jedward-innuendo-bingo/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a nutshell: "Mouth full of water, double entendre audio, try not to laugh and spit the water out"

This explains everything! http://playingbingo.co.uk/2013/08/07/jedward-innuendo-bingo/
    Thanks for the link! Why do I have the feeling that John will end up soaked? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link! Why do I have the feeling that John will end up soaked? :cool:

You never know he might prove us wrong but I'm sure some people might appreciate him in a wet tee shirt. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member

thanks for the link, not sure I'm into this kind of game, hmm~ hope j&e will make it looks interesting :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Back to Louis is not their manager news, I'm still interest to know when did this happened? :p

The "name changing" thing, basically made me believe it's their management want them to change it, but they decide to keep it "Jedward".
    So did Louis and the twins couldn't agree on their future path so he let them go, or they have already had disagreement with their new management(have they got a new management)?
    Hope someone can help with my confusion, thx :')
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    Back to Louis is not their manager news, I'm still interest to know when did this happened? :p

The "name changing" thing, basically made me believe it's their management want them to change it, but they decide to keep it "Jedward".
    So did Louis and the twins couldn't agree on their future path so he let them go, or they have already had disagreement with their new management(have they got a new management)?

They made a point of saying Louis was their friend in two of the interviews, so it seems the split must have been amicable?

As for the name change, if the article was correct, the new name is "John and Edward Grimes - Jedward", so it sounds like there was never any intention to drop the Jedward name anywas. I think the press just jumped on it and tried to make a story where there wasn't one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, I have no idea. I have the feeling that the beginning of the break-up could have been around February or so, when apparently the twins were going to have an Irish Tour with their usual promoter and they were going to announce the dates in a few weeks and then it didn't happen and the promoter said that it had been cancelled by the twins' management... or maybe earlier, when the twins apparently auditioned for Dancing on Ice (which is like the thing Louis would encourage them to do) but they finally didn't do the show.
    Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not a recent thing. But I'm happy there's not been a huge mediatic fight or anything, that's not John and Edward's style.

2 interviews more aired today:
    BBC Manchester: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrvxgjtBc7g&feature=youtu.be&a
    BBC Kent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg5b4kyFxw0

Once again Nice interviewers and professional and well-spoken twins. Love how they mention the dates of the concerts from time to time in the middle of a random question. Focused :cool: They also mention that they "want to do the things well this time" taking their time to write the songs and to release the album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to Louis is not their manager news, I'm still interest to know when did this happened?

I've had the feeling that the relationship started to unravel after Eurovision 2012 and both parties were biding their time until their contract ended in January of this year... the nasty articles quoting 'a source' saying the twins acted 'above their station' & their 'work has dried up', the mysterious absence of promo for the Young Love album, the twitter indirects by their former tour manager, the announcement of the search for a new boy band, etc. are, in hindsight, legit indicators that something was amiss.

I'm happy that this path has reached its conclusion. Additionally, I'm impressed with all of the promo for their upcoming UK tour. Hats off to whoever organized the radio & tv interviews.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    I'm impressed with all of the promo for their upcoming UK tour. Hats off to whoever organized the radio & tv interviews.
    I totally agree, I wasn't expecting so many interviews and in big media like the BBC.

I have no idea if they have help or all the work it's being done by the twins+susanna, but it's better than whatever UMI could have done for them in case of an UK tour.
    I get the feeling they're using the same strategy that they're using with Canadian and Australian media, contacting the media directly by themselves. Some people like it, some people don't, but at least you get better results than doing nothing at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks dechecho, flyingcamel, pithywitch
    Yeah, when think about it, the mood of our jed fandom wasn't always high since esc2012, until the twins told us 'It's Jepic 2013', they said it lots of times. I'm not sure what they meant by this, cos in the beginning I thought they would have new ablum out or new tv show and big promotion all around the world this year, but reality seems a little bit harder, new album may not be out this year. But now after reading your posts, I think it may refers to the freedom they've finally got and they are truely making their future by their own hands.

Same, all these promo interviews are well done, they are promoting the tour, but they are also re-introducing Jedward. The confidence and determination in their words and tone will certainly caught some nonfan's attention :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These interviews have been brilliant and its great that the BBC seem to be supporting/promoting this venture. All the local radio station interviews have been BBC channels, they're appearing on BBCR1 tomorrow and obviously BBC Breakfast. I don't know whether it's a coincidence or desire but it's fantastic :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2 interviews more aired today:
    BBC Manchester: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrvxgjtBc7g&feature=youtu.be&a
    BBC Kent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg5b4kyFxw0

Once again Nice interviewers and professional and well-spoken twins. Love how they mention the dates of the concerts from time to time in the middle of a random question. Focused :cool: They also mention that they "want to do the things well this time" taking their time to write the songs and to release the album.

These two new interviews were also brilliant! In the Manchester one they emphasize that they are taking 100% control of what they do now, and they only got their mom to help them(so no new managment maybe?) And they said they will do everything the right way in the future, ahh I'm so happy for them! ^_^

The interviewer of the Kent one is lovely, he clearly have done some reaserch so we can hear what's their thought of some recent Jed news.:D
    Like the new album will have all kinds of elements rather than only disco inspired;
    They will make 'Jedward' the brand as big as pepsi and coca cola;
    Its still very possible to have a Jed clothing line in the future, but no certain plans for it right now;
    They won't enter ESC again in the near future, but they are not predicable, also they've wrote some great dance songs that could win it.:D

Especially love how they talk about the song writing process from these interviews, I'm still desperate to know how will the new album turn out to be, but I know they will give us a treat of some solid great music and suprises, these well worth waiting >^_^<
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    These interviews have been brilliant and its great that the BBC seem to be supporting/promoting this venture. All the local radio station interviews have been BBC channels, they're appearing on BBCR1 tomorrow and obviously BBC Breakfast. I don't know whether it's a coincidence or desire but it's fantastic :D
    Maybe it's joined to the fact that they're recording a new series of Big Adventure soon? who knows? Maybe when they signed the contract for the third series they demanded a bit of help with the promotion :D

BTW The timing for the Big Adventure recording is brilliant, in the same month of the UK tour, it's a new opportunity to have local media writing about them, and maybe the fans attending the recordings could inform the kids featured in the episodes about the concerts... after all, kids love them :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Fantastic interviews. It was great seeing how the twins were treated on BBC breakfast: respectfully and enthusiastically! In fact, the presenters paused their chat by saying "we want to see some of the music right now" and gave a lot of their new videos an airing.

Not sure what to think about Louis to be honest. On the one hand, it's great that they can do things their way, but on the other, it must be daunting for them to no longer have their team behind them.

I really want to know what the boys are up to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it must be daunting for them to no longer have their team behind them.

It's great to have a team behind you if they are pushing you forward. It's not so great when they are pulling you back.

I didn't mind Louis' 'hands-off' management strategy too much at first... but after he booked them to the sheep-shearing thingy and Butlins after their 2nd Eurovision, I lost faith in him utterly and completely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Good point! Who can forget Butlins? I think he just lost interest. He was enthusiastic until 2011 I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The interviews all seem to mention the new series of Big Adventure, which makes me think that's why the BBC is being so forthcoming with all the TV and radio. But it also happily fits nicely for the Jeds to plug their upcoming tour.

But I think the best thing that's coming out of it is how seriously the Jeds are being taken. It's like "Ok, it's been four years since the X Factor, they've achieved a lot, they've grown and are still going strong, so they actually do deserve some respect."

I don't think Louis would have known how to move the Jeds into their "young adult" phase, but it looks like J&E have figured it out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what to think about Louis to be honest. On the one hand, it's great that they can do things their way, but on the other, it must be daunting for them to no longer have their team behind them.

Well, can we assume that they negotiated the third series of Big Adventure without Louis behind them? I suspect they've spent a lot of time learning about entertainment management over the past four years!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point! Who can forget Butlins? I think he just lost interest. He was enthusiastic until 2011 I think.

LW was never 'enthusiastic'... he was simply looking for a quick profit. He's soooooo incredibly lazy. I feel sorry for any of his 'future acts'. #putz
This discussion has been closed.