Options

TM5402 and the Internet

TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
Forum Member
I connected my TM5402 to the internet to see what was there. Youtube just sits flickering; the Weather does not recognise London; and Internet Radio doesn't search!

Subsequently I loaded that well known patch and it made no difference at all as far as I can see.

Generally I am quite happy with watching ordinary satellite channels but just thought I would see what else the box does. Like the PVR though!

Comments

• Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »
    I connected my TM5402 to the internet to see what was there. Youtube just sits flickering; the Weather does not recognise London; and Internet Radio doesn't search!

Subsequently I loaded that well known patch and it made no difference at all as far as I can see.

Generally I am quite happy with watching ordinary satellite channels but just thought I would see what else the box does. Like the PVR though!

they should work & the xxx stream menu buttons too- check your internet etc..

what phantompatch did you use 127p?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, used 127p from the recognised source. Router recognises box and box recognises router, using DHCP.

The patch seemed to load very quickly but how does one check it is installed properly?

No sign of XXX menu buttons ;)
  • Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »
    Yes, used 127p from the recognised source. Router recognises box and box recognises router, using DHCP.

The patch seemed to load very quickly but how does one check it is installed properly?

No sign of XXX menu buttons ;)

check system information - should say 127p & Dec 27 2012 date

if not - MENU USB DATA TRANSFER & CLICK ON Phantompatch 127p (ignoring the misleading upload wording & do not press blue button)

type 1149 in entertainment [when you know 127p is installed] = 2 new menu options under you tube
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are right as usual! I pressed the blue button for upload. Clicking on filename installs perfectly.

I now also have a CAS menu and BISS menu to play with. Reasonably familiar with these as I used to program the old Atmel Fun Cards on a regular basis courtesy of DaveM and Xamuh! ;)

At present box is currently connected to an old Sky multiroom connection not my motor dish so will report back in due course.

MANY thanks :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I don't know if I am in right forum. I have tm5402 box on paid server. It is on newcamd and working OK. but no youtube no epg etc. If I install new phantompatch and Addon will it still work with the existing sever? Will it erase csinfo etc?