Options

Watching 2005 shayne ward performances..

elliejayeelliejaye Posts: 291
Forum Member
and the lack of production the contestants had on stage, you can really hear their voices properly and the good performances make you have goose bumps.

Especially Shayne Ward's Over the Rainbow, just wow.

Goes to show how much production they do now. I know the show has to moves with the times yadda yadda, but just watching the contestants sing live and sound so raw without backing tracks over them i think they need to bring that style back.

just watched leona's I will always love you, and Alexendra's Halllujah, and the difference to now days full on shows is so much better.

( or maybe they were just better singers in the early days :P )

Comments

• Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just talking about him last night - what the hell happened to him?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be honest, I always thought Shayne Ward was completely overhyped. His big moment was basically a Stars In Their Eyes JT impersonation and, combined with his looks, seemed to be his appeal
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    elliejaye wrote: »
    and the lack of production the contestants had on stage, you can really hear their voices properly and the good performances make you have goose bumps.

Goes to show how much production they do now. I know the show has to moves with the times yadda yadda, but just watching the contestants sing live and sound so raw without backing tracks over them i think they need to bring that style back.

just watched leona's I will always love you, and Alexendra's Halllujah, and the difference to now days full on shows is so much better.

I much preferred that. I want to hear good singers. It shouldn't be a vehicle for Brian Friedman's 'creative' excesses or for technical wizardry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliejaye wrote: »

I think the productions/backing tracks stifle the good singers and agree with you on this, a lot of the singers like Ben; Andrea; Lauren and Paul shone in the stripped down audition format, now they struggle with crap choice of song and overblown backing. Lauren shone in the sing off probably doing a song she knows and likes.
  • Options
    elliejayeelliejaye Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    I much preferred that. I want to hear good singers. It shouldn't be a vehicle for Brian Friedman's 'creative' excesses or for technical wizardry.

Exactly my thoughts.

I know they bring in the dancers, backing singers, tell a story on stage etc, and to see how well they get on with other stuff on stage..But just let the singers sing on their own and lets hear their voices. I remember loving the old x factor and Pop idol due to actually listening to them and seeing of they hit bum notes or how good their vocal ranges were..now its all about how big the bleeding production is and the judges.
  • Options
    floyd3592floyd3592 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    The only time you get to hear the acts properly is when they are in the sing-offs and we all know how simply dreadful they have been this year, interesting to see in another thread how weak vocally Fleur was in the arena rehearsals...
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »

I do think Brian Friedman has turned the show into Eurovision or Seaside Special and that's not a good thing