George Osborne's CV

Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This man has been a failure in everything he has done.....why the hell is he being allowed to ruin our economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Osborne

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil5234 wrote: »
    This man has been a failure in everything he has done.....why the hell is he being allowed to ruin our economy.

He's friends with David Cameron.
  • Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

osborne or balls? osborne is the lesser of two evils.
  • Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    He's friends with David Cameron.

Ohhhh the club you mean....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohhhh the club you mean....

Bingo. ;)

Well, not a Bingo club, but you know what I mean!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would it be Ed Balls in a thread titled 'George Osborne's CV' featuring, in the OP, a link to Osborne's wiki page?
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would it be Ed Balls in a thread titled 'George Osborne's CV' featuring, in the OP, a link to Osborne's wiki page?

Because there are a few odd people on here that think a response to a thread about a Tory has to involve a reference to the Labour party however crass or irrelevant it may be.
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member

Not a failure in everything.

I heard he's very good with wallpaper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

because the OP thinks osborne is a failure at everything he's done, including running the economy. if the OP thinks osborne is bad, then (god forbid), wait until balls gets into number 11. he will be far worse (my opinion). so, to me, my post was valid.
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Because there are a few odd people on here that think a response to a thread about a Tory has to involve a reference to the Labour party however crass or irrelevant it may be.

don't call me odd.:D
    i take it you are of the same opinion then when people bring up thatcher when we talk about the problems labour left us.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Balls page makes interesting reading, at Univercity he dressed as a Nazi and joined the Conservative Association.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Balls
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because the OP thinks osborne is a failure at everything he's done, including running the economy. if the OP thinks osborne is bad, then (god forbid), wait until balls gets into number 11. he will be far worse (my opinion). so, to me, my post was valid.

But the thread is specifically asking why this chap is allowed to run the economy. You'd only ask about Balls when and if he comes to power, surely? I mean, the thread couldn't be any clearer in its criticism of Osborne: he's in the title, he's the subject of the thread and he's the one running the economy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jilly wrote: »
    Ed Balls page makes interesting reading, at Univercity he dressed as a Nazi and joined the Conservative Association.

What kept you? Kick off was a while back - your political point-scoring is late!

I suppose you didn't understand the OP either? I mean, why not start a thread on Balls if you want to discuss him?

ETA: Wait - do you want me (or others) to trawl back through other Tory Chancellors and try and score points back? Maybe some have had affairs, or been involved in sex scandals or dodgy financial dealings. That's how the game is played, isn't it - and it's much more important than...well.. actually thinking about the state of the economy or how the current Chancellor might do better, isn't it?
  • Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cheat and liar to boot.
    In 2009, he received criticism for the way he had handled his expenses, after he was found to have "flipped" his second home,[34] changing which property he designated as his second home in order to pay less capital gains tax. The Lib Dems estimated he owed £55,000 to the public purse as a result of this.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kept you? Kick off was a while back - your political point-scoring is late!

I suppose you didn't understand the OP either? I mean, why not start a thread on Balls if you want to discuss him?

ETA: Wait - do you want me (or others) to trawl back through other Tory Chancellors and try and score points back? Maybe some have had affairs, or been involved in sex scandals or dodgy financial dealings. That's how the game is played, isn't it - and it's much more important than...well.. actually thinking about the state of the economy or how the current Chancellor might do better, isn't it?
    Calm down.
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 2009, he received criticism for the way he had handled his expenses, after he was found to have "flipped" his second home,[34] changing which property he designated as his second home in order to pay less capital gains tax. The Lib Dems estimated he owed £55,000 to the public purse as a result of this.

Gideon estimated he owed £5000, then changed his mind to £550,000. Then said it was owed by Gordon Brown:D
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    George Osborne is on the side of tax avoiders, not tax payers.

George Osborne on how to avoid inheritance tax
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qjBec3fpBI
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It means that even Conservative Central Command is finding it difficult to say anything nice about George (or they all went down the pub and so the only orders being given are for another bottle of champagne) - so they go to the default "oh look, flying monkeys" in an attempt to distract from that difficulty.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't he one of those MPs who used their 2nd home allowance to pay the mortgage, pocketing any increase in value - or was that his boss?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the thread is specifically asking why this chap is allowed to run the economy. You'd only ask about Balls when and if he comes to power, surely? I mean, the thread couldn't be any clearer in its criticism of Osborne: he's in the title, he's the subject of the thread and he's the one running the economy.

ok. osborne is chancellor, because in the eyes of the prime minister he is the best man for job. until he cocks up sufficiently to warrant removing from his position, he is going to remain chancellor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok. osborne is chancellor, because in the eyes of the prime minister he is the best man for job. until he cocks up sufficiently to warrant removing from his position, he is going to remain chancellor.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly want or like Ed Balls - but he has nothing to do with this discussion. I've seen little to commend Osborne, though. If the papers are to be believed, it's one broken promise and cockup after another. Yet his plan (such as it is) continues. If someone would like to step up and defend him, it would make me feel a little better that this man is in charge. Otherwise, it just looks like the cronyism of the Old Boys Network is at work, and competence be damned.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is very good at folding towels, by all accounts.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Jilly wrote: »

So he's as daft as the rest. Students and smart moves tend to be mutually exclusive. ;)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    husted wrote: »
    Not a failure in everything.

I heard he's very good with wallpaper.

I wonder the story behind that is ?

How does one of the old Irish Arisocratic families come to be running a wallpaper shop ?

Did they lose their fortune along the way and have to go into trade ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I wonder the story behind that is ?

How does one of the old Irish Arisocratic families come to be running a wallpaper shop ?

Did they lose their fortune along the way and have to go into trade ?

Surely not trade!

http://cdn5.beekman1802.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Untitled-10-550x456.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least he doesn't tweet his own name.

And he did run Cameron's successful leadership campaign.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter what your CV is like as long as you are born stinking rich.

I'd rather be stinking rich with a sh/te CV (like Gideon) than have a bloody brilliant CV and be poor as a church mouse as I am!

I curse my mother and father for not being rich bastards!