BBQ for vegetarians...Ideas please?

2»

Comments

• Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    Well one reason people give for eating meat is they like the taste/texture etc of it.

The fake meat stuff supposedly lets you have those benefits without the downside of killing an animal.

Let's not forget animals also don't naturally come in sausage or burger form, they are processed into those shapes, no reason not to process other things into those shapes.

Personally, I do like the Tesoc meat-free burgers.

But it doesn't taste of meat or have the texture of meat. Its as tasteless as what we call "plastic ham" which is processed to death and reconstituted "meat".

A decent burger from a butchers is as good as a steak. I dont touch supermarket burgers/sausages for this reason.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portobello mushrooms and stuffed peppers.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portobello mushrooms and stuffed peppers.

Mmmm, i love a veggie starter. Theres no need for this fake meat stuff.
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it doesn't taste of meat or have the texture of meat. Its as tasteless as what we call "plastic ham" which is processed to death and reconstituted "meat".

A decent burger from a butchers is as good as a steak. I dont touch supermarket burgers/sausages for this reason.

But if people who eat it like it then who are we to complain. No one is making anyone eat anything. :)
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    But if people who eat it like it then who are we to complain. No one is making anyone eat anything. :)
    Here, here. I don't know why some people get so worked up and resentful about it (so it seems, with some). The main thing (for many) is just that it's not meat. And they presumably wouldn't eat it, if they didn't like it.

No hypocrisy at all. obviously.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmmm, i love a veggie starter. Theres no need for this fake meat stuff.
    Luckily, it's not compulsory.
  • Options
    PaulieboyPaulieboy Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Veggies have no place at a BBQ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I saw an interesting recipe for stuffed onions this week that I can't wait to try on a bbq and cherry tomatoes are transformed on a kebab stick, if you haven't tried them you are missing a treat. Both suitable for the veggies (if they're fast! ;):D)

I wonder how marinaded butternut squash cubes would work, has anyone tried them on grill?