Options

The Official Christmas Radio Times 2013 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    cully83 wrote: »
    Any chance of Nativity 2: Danger In The Manger being on? I know it's quite new but it is a BBC movie, so they would have the rights to showing it first, I guess?

BBC Two are more likely to show it in Christmas 2014 I reckon.
  • Options
    lundolundo Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Any chance of Nativity 2: Danger In The Manger being on? I know it's quite new but it is a BBC movie, so they would have the rights to showing it first, I guess?

Unlikely i reckon. it's only just come out on DVD
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC Films withdrew from the production of Nativity 2. It is not a BBC Films movie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Any decent new film premieres for grown ups?

I'm not really a fan of cgi
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    BBC Films withdrew from the production of Nativity 2. It is not a BBC Films movie.

Oh sorry :( I knew the first one was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry :( I knew the first one was.

Yes. The first one was co-produced and co-funded by BBC Films. Debbie Issit, the producer, wanted to secure funding for the sequel from BBC Films too. However, following initial interest, the BBC's film department were not impressed with the quality of the plot or the scripts. While the adults lines are partly scripted, a lot is improvised and as such, unlike the first film, BBC Films felt they wouldn't get a decent enough return on their investment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Yes. The first one was co-produced and co-funded by BBC Films. Debbie Issit, the producer, wanted to secure funding for the sequel from BBC Films too. However, following initial interest, the BBC's film department were not impressed with the quality of the plot or the scripts. While the adults lines are partly scripted, a lot is improvised and as such, unlike the first film, BBC Films felt they wouldn't get a decent enough return on their investment.

Thanks for the info
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems a bit quiet on the countdown to christmas viewing today.
    23 sleeps to go!!!!
  • Options
    JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know if the BBC version of the nativity story will be shown again this year? the one with andrew buchan in? i think it was first shown 2 years ago?
  • Options
    LinusJLinusJ Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Seems a bit quiet on the countdown to christmas viewing today.
    23 sleeps to go!!!!

Just waiting for it all to unfold now - and the lack of trailers and teasers is annoying.
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    does anyone know if the BBC version of the nativity story will be shown again this year? the one with andrew buchan in? i think it was first shown 2 years ago?

It's not currently scheduled to be shown this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LinusJ wrote: »
    Just waiting for it all to unfold now - and the lack of trailers and teasers is annoying.

We may see something tomorrow according to rumours!
  • Options
    JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not currently scheduled to be shown this year.

could this change?
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    could this change?

Maybe, the final schedules aren't confirmed for a couple of days yet. Although, I think it might be left out this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a couple of minor changes to the schedule for BBC One. Len Goodman's Perfect Christmas has moved from Boxing Day to Sun 22nd Dec at 7:30 (with most of the Sunday timings changing), also Wallace and Gromit has been slotted in on Boxing Day and pushed EE into Len Goodman's slot.
    Sun 22nd Dec

13:45 Christmas Kitchen with James Martin
    15:15 Snow Babies
    16:15 When Miranda Met Bruce
    17:20 Songs of Praise
    18:00 BBC News
    18:30 Countryfile
    19:30 Len Goodman's Perfect Christmas
    20:00 Antiques Roadshow
    21:00 The Whale
    22:30 BBC News

Boxing Day

17:55 BBC News
    18:10 Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death
    18:40 FILM: Gnomeo and Juliet
    20:00 EastEnders
    20:30 Still Open All Hours
    21:00 Death Comes To Pemberely
    22:00 BBC News
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Lost Christmas be shown again on any BBC channel this year. Missed out it last year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying this christmas thread but thanks to the makeover, i can't see the edge of the page anymore while viewing from my mobile meaning i can't see full replies or go to the next page. The only way i can see this page is on my mobile and they ruined it. Ba humbug!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    Will Lost Christmas be shown again on any BBC channel this year. Missed out it last year

Not currently in the schedules.
  • Options
    CoolElvisCoolElvis Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying this christmas thread but thanks to the makeover, i can't see the edge of the page anymore while viewing from my mobile meaning i can't see full replies or go to the next page. The only way i can see this page is on my mobile and they ruined it. Ba humbug!

I too had problems at first. But can see full page and navigate pages when i view on widescreen. Frustrating. Love thus thread though.
  • Options
    CoolElvisCoolElvis Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Sunday. Will be putting up the tree with my three girls with home alone on in the background :-). Will also have to watch Elf (again) having it taped (i mean recorded).

Of course in my head this will be a serene christmas event whilst in reality with a 6 year, 3 year and 18 month old it will be a stressful occasion lol. Still I'm looking forward to it :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.........could we be seeing a simplistic cover this year? Is Miranda Hart in a jolly Christmas jumper a hint to what is on the cover? After all she's in Gangsta Granny, Call The Midwife and Miranda over Christmas? (Miranda's photo is in the "Next Week" panel at the back of the magazine. (I got the one due Tursday today!)

Any other subscribers get theirs today? Take a look!
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Download Opera Mini to your mobile, and make sure you have it switched to single column view to view it in mobile. It eliminates the problem of the scrolling text, but still not the ridiculously poor colour scheme....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    td1983 wrote: »
    Download Opera Mini to your mobile, and make sure you have it switched to single column view to view it in mobile. It eliminates the problem of the scrolling text, but still not the ridiculously poor colour scheme....

Thanks it works well now. Silly it's come to this as they should have made it compatible with mobiles like before the update. Mew colour scheme looks drab and boring if you ask me. Anyway, not long to go now :-)
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Times for 14th to 20th December just dropped through letterbox !!

Tuesday 3rd December

Looking forwards to Thursday, when the Christmas double issue is due :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my first year living in London, and I'm looking forward to joining the race to find a copy on Saturday morning! :D