Forum Member
✭✭
Cannot wait for this. It looks brilliant

Comments

• stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else looking forward to it.
    Here is a digital spy exclusive clip http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/video/v3615099752001/mrs-browns-boys-dmovie-digital-spy-exlusive-clip.html
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,276
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Anyone else looking forward to it.
    Here is a digital spy exclusive clip http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/video/v3615099752001/mrs-browns-boys-dmovie-digital-spy-exlusive-clip.html

I'm looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of the show, and the trailer looks very funny.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it about as much as I'm looking forward to getting piles :p
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it about as much as I'm looking forward to getting shot in the head
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it gets good reviews & does well at the Box Office.
  • naquadanaquada Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the trailer for this three times. It felt like I was the only one not laughing. I don't get it at all.

I'd rather watch cricket than watch this movie.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the TV series but thought it ended at the right time, as I felt it had run its course.

And this feels like it's coming far too late, as the series has finished, the live shows have stopped and the whole thing feels dated already.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this would work well as a nice conclusion to the whole Mrs Brown 'era' though I think they're doing more Christmas episodes...? What Brendan wants to avoid is taking it much further than this as the tide will turn, as it usually does with these sorts if big shows and characters.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I loved the TV series but thought it ended at the right time, as I felt it had run its course.

And this feels like it's coming far too late, as the series has finished, the live shows have stopped and the whole thing feels dated already.

Agreed.

The key to getting as much cash out of unfunny ephemera is rolling out the film as soon a possible, before the public comes to its senses. Even then, it may be too late - see the Keith Lemon film. :p
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

“We’re also about to tour Australia, with almost half a million tickets already sold for our 42 shows.
    “Once that is over, we will rush back to the UK for the premiere of Mrs Brown’s Boys D’Movie in June, then we’ve two more Christmas specials to do.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/mrs-browns-boys-not-back-2993985#ixzz34RQS7ozV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen a bus, with the film advertised on the side, I can't wait looks so funny.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think it will do big business it will probably fair better than harry hill and keith lemon but not by much. I think its biggest fans are not your typical cinema goers
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    I dont think it will do big business it will probably fair better than harry hill and keith lemon but not by much. I think its biggest fans are not your typical cinema goers

Sadly I suspect it will do very well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    so pleased I am not the only one that REALLY REALLY REALLY doesn't want to see this.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this. It looks brilliant

It doesn't "look brilliant" it looks awful. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see it and I'm pretty certain that I will enjoy going to see it, but realistically, it's going to be terrible.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    I think this would work well as a nice conclusion to the whole Mrs Brown 'era' though I think they're doing more Christmas episodes...? What Brendan wants to avoid is taking it much further than this as the tide will turn, as it usually does with these sorts if big shows and characters.

I don't know, I think the show would suit being a Christmas special. Like the Royle Family, it's pulled out once per year and looked forward to with anticipation and then left alone until the next year.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The majority of people that I knew who watch that god awful show are people in their 50's and 60's. My parents and aunts and uncles watch it. However none of them go to the cinema and in fact have said that this movie wont change their mind about going either.

I'd say it will do pretty badly in the cinema but will do great in DVD sales (prob get released around xmas)
  • HemustvthemesHemustvthemes Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    dubgaz wrote: »
    The majority of people that I knew who watch that god awful show are people in their 50's and 60's. My parents and aunts and uncles watch it. However none of them go to the cinema and in fact have said that this movie wont change their mind about going either.

I'd say it will do pretty badly in the cinema but will do great in DVD sales (prob get released around xmas)

I like it and find it funny and I am in my late 20's! And I know a few others around my age that like it too!
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate it.
    I like Keith Lemon. The movie was one of the worst I've seen.
    This will probably be the same.
    I still watch Keith Lemon.
    People will still watch MBB even if the film tanks.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it and find it funny and I am in my late 20's! And I know a few others around my age that like it too!

On the flip side my friends are in their 30's and hate it. Its like marmite :)
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm in my early 50s and I go to the cinema all the time :p
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this , Grumpy Psychics Anonymous?

Anyone actually seen this film yet?

( came to this series late, and I love its warm-hearted vulgarity. Intigued as to how it makes the transfer)
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

It was the highest rated show on TV on Xmas day - beating Dr Who, Eastenders, Corrie, Downton Abbey and Strictly.

And as the saying goes if you don't like it don't watch it - no one is forcing you to but plenty love the show and will enjoy the movie.

Anything that upsets the smug superior types who look down on other people's idea of what's funny - is fine with me.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it gets good reviews

They aren't press screening it, meaning Kermode and anyone else wishing to review it will have to pay to get into it on Friday morning, which probably won't predisposition them to liking it.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    They aren't press screening it, meaning Kermode and anyone else wishing to review it will have to pay to get into it on Friday morning, which probably won't predisposition them to liking it.

Wonderful - they know the luvvie movie press will hate it anyway so why give them free tickets. The fans will go anyway.