Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a mispronunciation of my name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    My birth certificate.

It wasn't meant to be my username, though. I typed it in what I thought was a first-name box for DS administration only. I was too lazy to do anything about it once I realised my mistake. My planned username was Danny Go, the title of a track from TMGE's album Gear Blues.

I always assumed it was a Star Trek thing
    Hi Starpress nice to talk to you x
    Mine is well... Im honest and Im a Weegie
    Only thing that gets my goat on here is when people call me a liar... and a C*** which only actually happened once, and when people criticise Glasgow, although in recent weeks Ive started doing that too
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was walking through the woods one misty night. The moon was full and provided the only light. Through a clearing, I heard some rustling and investigated. It was... a rabbit, and it sprung out at me and bit me. After I knocked it away, I began feeling strange, like undead. Then the world started turning and I saw a body. 'Twas mine; I recognised the clothes. My head fell off! I told the idiot to pick me up, and went on my merry way.

I am... A_Zombie.
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made it up on the spot. Couldn't think of anything else really. Mine is so boring
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i made mine up

no you didnt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I made it up on the spot. Couldn't think of anything else really. Mine is so boring

But you're Jennifer Lopez' ex-husband! :D:p
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pucky was a nickname of mine. I used to be a chat host on AOL, and as I did the ice hockey chat I chose UKHostPuck as my host name. My fellow hosts and friends nicknamed me Pucky so that's what I chose as a forum name. Been using the same ever since for most forums.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the first letter from my first name, a shortened version of my surname and the year I was born (and I assume people know it's 1990).
  • Options
    LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My name is Stan Oliver .. I guess my username can be worked out from that! :D
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my Hobbit name :)
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    I did a typo on mine! It was supposed to be Stryker not Styker! :D Wanted Styker because it sounds striking and sharp, like me! :D:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My name is Stan Oliver .. I guess my username can be worked out from that! :D

I love both of them! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sima wrote: »
    been me nickname all me life, surname shortened.

wasn't till i started playing checkers/pool online (took some rime for me to figure it out), did I find out sima is also a lasses name in middle east. had all these young lads chatting me up & one nutter saying i was a terrorist, wasn't till I slagged of allah did he believe me ;o)

Is it pronounced "Seema"? If so thats a nice name.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Mine was a book I was reading at the time.
  • Options
    scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red hot chilli peppers song.
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    The first forum I ever contributed to was one discussing the BBC dramatization of North and South (the Elizabeth Gaskell novel, not that mini-series with Patrick Swayze).

Richard Armitage (then unknown) played the lead male - John Thornton - and many swooning female forum members joked how their love lives had been given a pleasing 'boost' since watching the drama :blush:. This became jokingly referred to as the 'JT Effect' (JT = John Thornton)

When I joined here I couldn't think of anything cool or witty, so just put JT Effect down.

I'm stuck with it now.
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    JT Effect wrote: »
    The first forum I ever contributed to was one discussing the BBC dramatization of North and South (the Elizabeth Gaskell novel, not that mini-series with Patrick Swayze).

Richard Armitage (then unknown) played the lead male - John Thornton - and many swooning female forum members joked how their love lives had been given a pleasing 'boost' since watching the drama :blush:. This became jokingly referred to as the 'JT Effect' (JT = John Thornton)

When I joined here I couldn't think of anything cool or witty, so just put JT Effect down.

I'm stuck with it now.

He doesn't 'do it' for me any more though :(
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Powa to the people, with flowers in their hair!:D
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My name is Andy. I live in Birkenhead. :)
    I sound like I'm in an AA meeting !
    :D
  • Options
    pamuelapamuela Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first name is Pamela, but when I joined in 2002 the name was already taken.
    We had just come back from a holiday in northern Spain, where my father in law had constantly referred to me as Pamuela, because he thought is sounded more Spanish...................hence the name Pamuela :)
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First part represents my status as Harry Potter's Number One Fan and the numbers for the year I signed up for DS.
  • Options
    Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't choose my name because it sounds like 'sayeth'
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »

Robot Wars was an absolute legend of a programme. Loved it, especially the earlier series. :)
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my username from my favourite chimpanzee at Monkey World who was obviously called Charlie.
    The old fellah was a right character who used to 'display' at passing army vehicles.
    Sadly, he's no longer with us. :(
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an abbreviation.