Greenberg

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
Forum Member
✭✭
With what really has been a seriously awful summer for blockbusters, Ben Stiller's latest film could well be the perfect antidote.
It has be said though, that those expecting a comedy will be disappointed. However, Stiller gives the best performance of his career to date.
It's got that definite, quirky indie vibe (like a grown-up Napoleon Dynamite) that won't be to everyone's liking, but for those that get it, they'll love it.

It's out tomorrow and considering what's out there, it's well worth a look. :)

Review here.

Comments

• essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,206
    Forum Member
    lleast its more sophisticated humour from what I've read, unlike Along Came Polly or the Heartbreak Kid remak(never seen it biut it didnt sound paticularly subtle
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expect to see a lot of negative comments on here about this one...

And certainly not because it's a bad movie, but because it's clear it is being mis-sold to the public. It's NOT a hilarious, laugh-out-loud comedy...it's a much more subtle and rather more serious than that.

But people, as always, will just read the publicity blurb, see Ben Stiller on the poster and jump to their own conclusions.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate tells me he has this at home. He says the Chinese man was selling it at the market last week!!

I'll probably end up watching it at the cinema if my local cineworld decide it's good enough to show
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,206
    Forum Member
    I admire any actor/actres who is known for one particular genre of film and attempts something different
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,581
    Forum Member
    Expect to see a lot of negative comments on here about this one...

I very much doubt it, due to the fact that it seems to have an extremely limited release.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this was better than I expected .

it's like those old 60's , 70's comedies , a bit like Harold and Maude or The Graduate , he's a bit awkward and obsessive and always mssing the point.

but the best thing s the girl , she's just so likeable , very unusual as a movie character and yet very normal like a real life person .

it's mainly the conversations , they just take unexpected turns .

I'm not sure about Stiller (he's looking a bit weird these days ) but he does give it a good go .