Options

Is there any such thing as a rabbit muzzle?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
Forum Member
✭✭
I want to let my rabbit in my living room, as we have have a carpet floor in the living room which allows him to be able to run about really fast. We let him in the kitchen but we have a wooden floor in there and he skids even when he hops. Only problem is we have quite a lot of wires in the living room and other dangerous places he can get to, like behind the tv. Are there any muzzle's designed for rabbits? I can find any anywhere so i assume they don't exist?

Comments

• Options
    missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure it would be right to muzzle a rabbit. You'd be better rabbit proofing your home and blocking access to areas you dont want him to get into.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned you are better off cordoning off the areas that you don't want the rabbit to go to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no such a thing does not exist. I think it's lovely that you want him to hop around your lounge though. Is he an outdoor rabbit normally? Be careful with the temperature change. You can get cable covers and things which would prevent him from chewing them, but he shouldn't really be unsupervised in an unbunny proofed room anyway so if he goes for something he shouldn't, a quick form No should suffice, and moving him gently away from it. You can get grid panels (NC ciubes) which can be used to block off crevices and wires too. OR get several puppy pens and join them together to create an area for him to run around in. the more space to run the better. The RSPCA recommend a minimum of 8ftx4ft for a rabbit run so anything more than that is even better. :) Good luck. He'll love binkying around the lounge. Mine skid on lino etc too but they do get used to it.
  • Options
    missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They go like lightening on carpet. It's great to see them so happy. I had mine living indoors for 2 weeks last year. They became very tame. They do have an inquisitive nature so even if you rabbit proof, you'll still have to supervise them. Once they get it into their mind that they want to investigate something they often don't give up easily. Although they listen when you're there, they're right back to it as soon as you're backs turned lol. I find them funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I too have a house rabbit. Whilst I love him to bits and wouldn't have it any other way, it really is a nightmare. It's like having a 2 year old child again! You really must rabbit proof VERY thoroughly, and even then do not leave him unsupervised as rabbits can be very determined when they decide they want to get in/on/behind something. I have wooden floors in all my rooms and he does skid, but he soon got used to it, and now I'm sure he runs fast deliberately so he can skid about, he seems to enjoy it a lot.

Good luck