Options

HO Sixth Form's George's secret! Potential spoilers...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Im 90% certain that the secret is he's actually really poor. HO have been dropping hints about it the past couple of weeks, how he was eating out of date biscuits, didn't have enough money for a sandwich, etc. He's either really poor and/or spending all his money on fashion.

I'm not that excited about the SL and the new producer Emma Smithwick clearly hasn't listened to any fans (even though in her interview she said she has, several times!) because it seems no one cares or wants to learn about George and i'm with them. Maybe this SL will make him more likeable and less stereotypical?

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im 90% certain that the secret is he's actually really poor. HO have been dropping hints about it the past couple of weeks, how he was eating out of date biscuits, didn't have enough money for a sandwich, etc. He's either really poor and/or spending all his money on fashion.

I'm not that excited about the SL and the new producer Emma Smithwick clearly hasn't listened to any fans (even though in her interview she said she has, several times!) because it seems no one cares or wants to learn about George and i'm with them. Maybe this SL will make him more likeable and less stereotypical?

gosh i know we dont like the students so axe them why the hell would you give them a main storyline.
    the worst 6th former has to be george an yes im sure he is not gay and fancy maddy
    poor you could be right since his clothes look awful and the out of date biscuits i thought it was his sexuality
    did you see the other spoilers from the DS article
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever his secret is it's going to be painfully dull.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Ugh, i could say so many things, but i wont.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also mercedes sleeping around again its getting boring its like the only thing they can think of for her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

he rubbish if he makes this storyline work he go to have to up his game
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wish emma would have lsiten to us, even in her interview on DS she knows the 6thformers are not liked by the viewers if i were her i would axe
    6th formers + (bart and sinead)
    liberty
    teresa
    ruby
    micheala
    boyband
    leanne
    savage family(exculding dodger he is ok in moderation)
    tom

this would leave storylines for
    nancy/darren
    cindy
    tony
    amy
    ste
    brendan
    mitzee
    lindsay
    doug
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might be interesting. My sister suddenly like George very much after the Brendan/George scene. She felt sorry for him. So I guess they can sway people. She hated him beforehand. Slowly, I think as we get to know him we may grow fond of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I think it might be interesting. My sister suddenly like George very much after the Brendan/George scene. She felt sorry for him. So I guess they can sway people. She hated him beforehand. Slowly, I think as we get to know him we may grow fond of him.

your an optimist a very good character trait:) from my post you'll see im a pessimist
  • Options
    belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »

Yes....just very recently I've started to warm to George a little bit. The teens in general, really. I liked Tilly when she stood up to Maddie the other day, and I REALLY like Callum. Jono and Neil are inoffensive no-marks. Sinead is a pure irritant and the less said about her, the better. Bart has one facial expression: that of the constipated indignant. Maddie....I've gone from hating her to tolerating her, despite her being so horribly "typical". 'Nobody GETS me. Nobody GETS me.' Yes, we do: you are an incredibly attractive girl doing the tortured soul act. Nothing new.

So yes. In summary: teens are getting better as they are tolerable now, rather than making me want to smash my face through the TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me i want him to be axed after his secret is revealed along with his friends and the people i name already in this post but i have a feeling that they have converted people HO have shown them so much over the past wks that people are bound to like the 6th formers
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    George was going to have a storyline sooner or later, at least it isn't a shallow one. I don't like George, but there have been a couple of scenes lately when he has been okay, hopefully his storyline will be watchable and maybe it will change him when people find out the truth.

If it is about George's family, it may also tell us how and why all these teens are going to this college despite living miles away, unless George is homeless and his family kicked him out.
  • Options
    matthew13matthew13 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    My money is that his secret that he is some rent boy for old men;)

Be an interesting storyline if it really would be and would add depth to his character.
  • Options
    Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be few who don't mind George, hope he has a good storyline
  • Options
    dannyl1989dannyl1989 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like George at first. But now I am warming to him. I don't even mind the 6th formers to be honest. (As long as that is not entirely who HO focus on).

I really like Tilly too, I hope she gets a good storyline.

Can't wait to see Cindy coming to the forefront of the show as well in the New Year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I think they need to carry on letting the teens interact with other characters, rather than their little group. I actually thought George was nearly bearable after his scenes with Brendan. Same with that one with the lisp after his scenes with Tony. Nearly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should just have - Maddie, George, Tilly, Bart, Sinead. And maybe Jono at a push.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I must be few who don't mind George, hope he has a good storyline

I agree with you.

He has just got a bad press on here with those who presume gay people all act like butch men.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Rain wrote: »
    I agree with you.

He has just got a bad press on here with those who presume gay people all act like butch men.

Really? Or because he seems to be treated as "one of the girls" and frankly I find the phrases he uses supremely irritating. Maddie and Jono speak like that too and I dislike them too. He's like Hollyoaks' version of Kurt from Glee but without the singing talent.

Saying that it was an enjoyable scene with Brendan the other day, maybe he'd be better with other characters rather than the girlie clique.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    gosh i know we dont like the students so axe them why the hell would you give them a main storyline.
    the worst 6th former has to be george an yes im sure he is not gay and fancy maddy
    poor you could be right since his clothes look awful and the out of date biscuits i thought it was his sexuality
    did you see the other spoilers from the DS article

The core of hollyoaks has always revolved around the students, dating right back to the first time it appeared on our screens.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a big speaker on growing Mercedes and hating George. HOWEVER

Maybe, like Janine Butcher, Mercedes just isn't going to grow out of her connection to sex and therefore prostitution is the most obvious and natural step for her and I think it will really deliver.

George has become a real person the last few weeks and based on his break-down over Maddies diss and his general self I expect he's got some kind of depression which is very common inn gay teens and I was thinking how HO is very good with gay characters yet has never done a full homophobic bullying story - with 12 gay teen suicides inthe US press this year I'm stunned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    I am a big speaker on growing Mercedes and hating George. HOWEVER

Maybe, like Janine Butcher, Mercedes just isn't going to grow out of her connection to sex and therefore prostitution is the most obvious and natural step for her and I think it will really deliver.

George has become a real person the last few weeks and based on his break-down over Maddies diss and his general self I expect he's got some kind of depression which is very common inn gay teens and I was thinking how HO is very good with gay characters yet has never done a full homophobic bullying story - with 12 gay teen suicides inthe US press this year I'm stunned.

Perhaps his parents don't know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bambii wrote: »
    Perhaps his parents don't know

How could his parents NOT know lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    How could his parents NOT know lol

I know lol, but it does happen.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Really? Or because he seems to be treated as "one of the girls" and frankly I find the phrases he uses supremely irritating. Maddie and Jono speak like that too and I dislike them too. He's like Hollyoaks' version of Kurt from Glee but without the singing talent.

Saying that it was an enjoyable scene with Brendan the other day, maybe he'd be better with other characters rather than the girlie clique.

Exactly - no one likes one of the guys being one of the girls. Same old story.

If they aren't playing football, battering anyone in sight or dressing like the boy next door - they're accused of playing a stereotype and criticised for showing one - when all they are doing is portaying a character that really does exist on a big scale in society.