Soap Actor's Annoying Habits

Comments

• thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I do this normally, usually when I've said something smart-arsed or when I think I'm being smart.

I don't mind Sharon's moments but Katy Armstrong's off Corrie when she's annoyed really grates me

it's annoying, sort your life out IanMandy. I kid, I kid :D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    Ryan in Corrie smirking his way through every scene
    Tracy in Corrie's head bobbing.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In EE Janine does these head tilts occasionally, not to mention her slanty smiles to herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Several people I know find Sam from EE's facial expressions funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't even watch Corrie, but we have our winner right here :D
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    David Platt scrunching his nose is Corrie.
    Alfie's slurping in EE.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way EE's Sharon pouts and purses her lips really gets on my nerves. She also bobs up and down.
    Also the way Lucy Beale always has her arms folded and is hunched over all the time is annoying.
    Gail Platt's polo necked jumpers are horrible. That's not really a mannerism granted but it's part of her character and it looks horrible. Give her a low cut top!
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way a number of female actresses shake their heads slowly in disbelief as an alternative to acting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy's shoulders irritate me too. I always want to yell at her to relax them and let them drop down a few inches. Old!Lucy was far more languid and confident in her stance so I've never felt anxious-shoulders was the right look for the character.

ugh yes to Sharon's random eye widening.

Ava's permanent scowling expression and her squawking angry voice *shudders*

I love Masood but since I noticed he's always shaping his mouth into a little 'o' shape and then putting a finger to it, I can't stop!!!

Joey's tragedy is he can't ever shut his mouth. Ever.

Alfie's always taking a giant intake of breath before he speaks.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Corrie ......Sean and his eyebrow dancing

David Platt's scowl

Gail's blinking

Michelle and Tina always having cups in their hands, are their lines in there by any chance?

In Eastenders.......Alfie Moon always saying wahey

Max Branning with his hands in his pockets appearing in door ways with his mumbling voice.

Bianca shouting, not talking and always crying.

Joey mumbling

Lucy irritating all over.

Kat the way she dresses

In Emmerdale......

Debbie acting like a gangster.

Val and her idiotic idea's and nastiness

Paddy and Marlon acting daft

Kerry and her devious nature.

Amy mumbling her words.

Nikkil just irritating

Cora, just horrible.
  • fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie in Emmerdale who although a stunning girl drives me mad the way she sometimes bites her bottom lip to show off her pout, and the way she shakes her head from side to side at the end of a sentence when she's disagreeing or moaning about something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Flamin' hilarious :D

Dev in Corrie. His ludicrous way of speaking that is presumably supposed to come across as being troubled and disturbed but just embarassingly comes across as a guy who can't manage to act being troubled and disturbed convincingly and is just reciting some lines that have been written. :o
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    Alfies empty mug- he doesn't even pretend it has anything in it!

Max's way of speaking when he gets angry or upset, he sounds so false, and recently Joey has been copying his speech patterns so it's doubly annoying!

Jean- just Jean....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfies empty mug- he doesn't even pretend it has anything in it!

Max's way of speaking when he gets angry or upset, he sounds so false, and recently Joey has been copying his speech patterns so it's doubly annoying!

Jean- just Jean....
    I like to believe in EE's reality Alfie carries around and 'drinks' out of his empty cup and everyone is just too polite to ask about it.

Jean's way of gaping like a fish on land whenever someone shouts at her, as if she's so immensely shocked even though everyone shouts at her.

I also hate Max's upset shouty voice, and the fact that his nose always runs but he never wipes it!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie slurping from a cup
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audrey Corrie says 'dyaknow' so much, usually before giving advice. I am sure it's unscripted!

Leanne Corrie holds her face quite frequently in an expression best described as 'scrapyard dog licking p*ss off a thistle'.

Nick Corrie saying he was 32. Surely he meant 42?!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    lovinluka wrote: »
    I like to believe in EE's reality Alfie carries around and 'drinks' out of his empty cup and everyone is just too polite to ask about it.

Jean's way of gaping like a fish on land whenever someone shouts at her, as if she's so immensely shocked even though everyone shouts at her.

I also hate Max's upset shouty voice, and the fact that his nose always runs but he never wipes it!

God yes I forgot about the nose! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virtually everything Max in EE does. He mummbles, drags his feet and I can't even look at the screen when he's eating!
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member

Oh. My. GOD.

WINNER.
    /thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha Audrey!
  • Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon everytime shes on screen and Rhona everytime she talks ..
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam on Eastenders has really been bothering me recently; chin in air, arms out, crouched down about 3 inches to face whatever character he's talking to.

And of course Max can't deliver his lines straight on, he constantly has to be sideways. Once you pick up on it, you can't unsee it...
  • SoozycatSoozycat Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I like Emmerdale's Kerry but I cringe every time she says 'Oh Eee-mee' to her daughter.